Status
Not open for further replies.

sharma_atul85

Journeyman
hello frnds..my PC config is as below..
P4 2.66 Ghz
915 VIA chipset mobo
512 mB RAM
Actually i had problem with my older samsung hard disk as it made some harsh noise while spinning.
so i got it replaced with a brand new HDD from samsung service center model SP0802N 80 GB PATA on saturday.jan31
but yesterday i was unable to install fresh copy of windows XP SP3.
After inserting win xp cd it shows "windows setup" and loads all the required drivers..
but after showing "windows is starting up " a blue screen is displayed (BSOD) saying your hdd either contain viruses or is not properly formatted or please run chkdisk /F.
then i rushed to my frnd and formatted my hdd and also run chkdsk by making it slave.
but all in vain....
same error pops up..
so then i tried to install ubuntu 8.51 ver. and voila!! it got installed without any problem..so dnt knw where the problem lies ..all suggestions are most welcome!!

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
Buddy this may be because xp doesn't have the required HDD drivers(sata or whatever). Get hold of the drivers and put it in a floppy. When the message comes for pressing f3, press f3 and the driver will be installed.

OP
sharma_atul85

sharma_atul85

Journeyman
Buddy this may be because xp doesn't have the required HDD drivers(sata or whatever). Get hold of the drivers and put it in a floppy. When the message comes for pressing f3, press f3 and the driver will be installed.
but dear I haven't got any driver along with hdd ..also its PATA interface hdd

OP
sharma_atul85

sharma_atul85

Journeyman
hey isn't its possible to connect my hdd to another pc having windows xp and then install windows from her PC.hopefully I'll give it a try today..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom