Unable to install windows sbs 2008 in DELL POWEREDGE T100

techshan

Broken In
Hi

Still unable to install WIN SBS 2008 in DELL POWEREDGE T100 server and the long post is going on at

Unable to install windows sbs 2008 in DELL POWEREDGE T100

My problem is unable to install sbs 2008 in 500 GB 4k sectors hdd but installation is successful in 512 bytes sector hdd.

Anybody please help to solve this issue?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Windows Server 2008 domain controller blue screens on startup with STOP: c00002e2 Mat's Techblog
I also had the same issue. Mine was a corrupted database. I fixed it by reindexing the data base to c:\temp and then copying the newly indexed file back into the c:\windows\ntds folder. See the article below for details.

Compact the directory database file (offline defragmentation): Active Directory

OP
T

techshan

Broken In
Thank you but it my issue is different and I fixed a 80 gb hdd, installed sbs 2008 and put the 500 GB hdd as slave for it

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
the 1st link mention problems faced while using 2 virtual hard disks.error was same:c00002e2 & it happened because Active Directory database was stored on slave/2nd hard disk used as data disk while primary was for OS install only.if everything runs fine when using only 80gb hdd & problems comes up only when you attach 500gb hddd then confirm if the active directory database is on 500gb hdd or 80gb hdd.

from above link
EDIT (04/04/10): I have revisited this article as I ran in to another situation when moving a virtual machine recently. As F.H.R. stated in the comments below, Windows puts the secondary disk offline. If you bring the disk back online using diskpart or Disk Management, you might still have the same issues.

If you do still have a blue screen after bringing the disk back online, ensure that the disk is initialised. If you are using diskpart, select the disk and then use the command “attrib disk clear readonly” which should bring your domain controller back to life.

If you still have issues, follow the rest of this article.

In order to resolve this issue, I presented a new VHD to the domain controller and booted in to Directory Services Restore Mode. Once I was in there, I was able to move my Active Directory database across to this new disk, swap the drive letters around, and then restart.

I’m not sure why this is necessary, but I can tell you that 7 months later I have used this process a few times when playing around with my domain controllers, and with 100% success.

Top Bottom