Unable to boot fedora linux core 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

kumbhkern

Right off the assembly line
Recently i installed Fodora Core Linux 4 on my system. There was no problem during the installation. Even i got the option of dual-boot mainly linux and windows 2000. But, when i select linux to boot, it initializes many services and at last it asks for Login host id and password. I gave the root password, but i am not able to boot the OS. I even tried in single-user mode. Also i tried the new password. But still i am not able to boot the os. The same problem with Redhat Linux 9. Please help me.

vignesh

Wise Old Owl
What do you mean by Login host id and password....Are you trying to login in Commandline mode...Be more clear with your problem or post the error you get here..

OP
K

kumbhkern

Right off the assembly line
Thanks for ur reply. Actually to tell you frankly, i too dono what is login host id and password. As i am new to linux. The only thing i did was, i installed linux with dual booting. After the installation was over, i selected linux to boot by pressing ENTER key. As soon as i prees the ENTER key, it starts loading many things. At last, it asks for LOGIN HOST ID and PASSWORD. During installation also i gave only the root password. That's it. I have tried many times reinstalling the OS some 4-5 times. But no change in the problem. Help me out.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Did you give login ID as root?
And plaese don't work as root. Use non-root account for doing normal work. Using root account is an unnecessary security risk. For root level privilages use either su or sudo. It's relatively safer. So, make another user and use it for day to day usage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom