Ultra high end gaming rig

V2IBH2V

C0nFu$3D n0ob
Guys, I am thinking to build a PC in March-May.. Will it be wise to start a thread now? I am not interested in Haswell, as it would be very expensive.. So, shall I create a separate thread now?

leelaprasad

Broken In
what about haf922,storm stryker ain't available in flipkart

in flipkart its being available and sometimes its suddenly going out of stock. Any way as of now its available @ Theitdepot - Cooler Master Storm Stryker ATX Mid Tower Chassis (SGC-5000W-KWN1) for 11.8 K, don't cheap out on Cabinet & PSU for a costly rig.

Watch some video reviews of some good cabinets you will know the difference for your self.
Storm Stryker
Storm Tropper (Black version of stryker)
HAF X
HAF 932
etc...

gameranand

Living to Play
Well I think Trooper or Stryker is better because of the weight of the system, I mean when its over 20 kg then you really need a handle to transport it or lift it. HAF X has some features for some better cooling for GPU but Storm Trooper is good overall. I saw many reviews and comparison charts and found out that Trooper is a better deal even if you look at performance side. :)

OP
V

vishalselvan

Broken In
I may sound like a noob :p but what are the differences between haf 922 and storm stryker? both are mid towers and they provide good airflow.As gameranand mentioned,there will be a handle.Anything else?

1) processor-Intel 3.5 GHz LGA 1155 Core i7 3770K Processor- Rs 19800
2) motherboard-ASUS Rampage IV Extreme- Rs27500
3) ram-G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 16 GB- Rs 6000
4) gpu-Asus NVIDIA GTX 690- Rs 65000
5) cabinet-
6) hdd-seagate 2tb- Rs 5900
7) ssd-OCZ Agility 3 240 GB- Rs 13000
8) opd-asus dvd w - Rs 1000
9) cooler-Corsair H100 Cooler -Rs 7000
0) psu-Seasonic SS1050-XM 1050 Watts- Rs 13500

Total at 158700...........without the cabinet and monitors ofcourse....top end components used and is an overkill but heck buy this monster and you probably have a better computer than rajnikant ...if i were you i would cut the seagate and get a 480gb ssd for 20k .......the cabinet is highly important for the build as more than the cooling i think holding all the components inside will be an issue...i would slightly tip towards the corsair 800d obsidian its probably the best cabinet out there....and for the monitors i would suggest getting a tn display of response time 2-5ms instead of an ips panel(respose time 10-20ms) if you play sniper games mostly for anything other than that ips wins anyday (ghosting is the only problem)
yeah that's about it

also avoid cooler master psu's go for corsair or seasonic is pretty good

draco21

Dragon...Dragon...Dragon.
For better display quality, Dell S2240L 21.5 inch Monitor with LED

For lower response time , BenQ 24 inch LED - GL2450HM Monitor: Flipkart.com

Difference 5 milliseconds ( it would matter while sniping, would not with other games)

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Just so you know, Haswell should be worth it! On top of it, there will be a newer rev USB 3.0 with 10Gb/s threshold support.

change is the only constant and the process is continuous therefore.....one should not wait if he has a gtx 690 in his cabinet trust me on this no matter how much you ask for about cpu's....there are no i repeat no games in the near future that are cpu oriented

Nerevarine

Incarnate
no offence, but i find 1lakh + rigs pointless.. buy a gtx 690 SLI and in the next month direct x 12 or something new comes up.. then what ? it will all go down..
Better buy a 60k rig, save the rest of the money for a future upgrade.. trust me it will be able to max out everything for atleast 1-2 years
after which you can upgrade again, if u wish ..

i agree some components are basically an overkill for gaming like the i7 for example but the gtx 690 is a beast if i had the money i would probably wait for the 8 series sea islands to come out or i would 2Xcs the devil13 :D

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
change is the only constant and the process is continuous therefore.....one should not wait if he has a gtx 690 in his cabinet trust me on this no matter how much you ask for about cpu's....there are no i repeat no games in the near future that are cpu oriented
how could u be so sure???

for eg gta 4 was cpu dependent (badly coded) if gta5 comes to pc i think it will also follow the same .....

OP
V

vishalselvan

Broken In
Thanks guys!!

i agree some components are basically an overkill for gaming like the i7 for example but the gtx 690 is a beast if i had the money i would probably wait for the 8 series sea islands to come out or i would 2Xcs the devil13 :D

limited supply of devil 13 it seems,donno if it'll come to india in the first place.One site said that they made a thousand or so cards.

no offence, but i find 1lakh + rigs pointless.. buy a gtx 690 SLI and in the next month direct x 12 or something new comes up.. then what ? it will all go down..
Better buy a 60k rig, save the rest of the money for a future upgrade.. trust me it will be able to max out everything for atleast 1-2 years
after which you can upgrade again, if u wish ..

As he mentioned,change is continuous,I'll go on waiting for the next best thing if I start now!!

1) processor-Intel 3.5 GHz LGA 1155 Core i7 3770K Processor- Rs 19800
2) motherboard-ASUS Rampage IV Extreme- Rs27500
3) ram-G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 16 GB- Rs 6000
4) gpu-Asus NVIDIA GTX 690- Rs 65000
5) cabinet-
6) hdd-seagate 2tb- Rs 5900
7) ssd-OCZ Agility 3 240 GB- Rs 13000
8) opd-asus dvd w - Rs 1000
9) cooler-Corsair H100 Cooler -Rs 7000
0) psu-Seasonic SS1050-XM 1050 Watts- Rs 13500

Total at 158700...........without the cabinet and monitors ofcourse....top end components used and is an overkill but heck buy this monster and you probably have a better computer than rajnikant ...if i were you i would cut the seagate and get a 480gb ssd for 20k .......the cabinet is highly important for the build as more than the cooling i think holding all the components inside will be an issue...i would slightly tip towards the corsair 800d obsidian its probably the best cabinet out there....and for the monitors i would suggest getting a tn display of response time 2-5ms instead of an ips panel(respose time 10-20ms) if you play sniper games mostly for anything other than that ips wins anyday (ghosting is the only problem)
yeah that's about it

also avoid cooler master psu's go for corsair or seasonic is pretty good

Alright man,will do,I'll just have to get an okay from my dad coz the budget I put forth was 1.5 lakh with the cheaper cabinet and cm psu and without the liquid cooler.Do I really need a liquid cooler?

Cilus

laborare est orare
BTW, getting a 27K Motherboard is not a good choice if you ask me. Are you going to run your Processor at 5.2 GHz speed all the time? Get something within 20K. In fact Sabertooth Z77 is a very good choice for you.

OP
V

vishalselvan

Broken In
BTW, getting a 27K Motherboard is not a good choice if you ask me. Are you going to run your Processor at 5.2 GHz speed all the time? Get something within 20K. In fact Sabertooth Z77 is a very good choice for you.
lol yeah,that was what I was thinking too!! sabertooth and maximus 5 formula seem good! THe only thing is I don't know whether the strom strykers fans will be enough or whether I really need to get a costly liquid cooler

oh,looks i can't use maximus 5 as it is e atx,sabertooth it is then

Last edited:

warfreak

Talk to the hand!!!
If you are not planning to overclock then why go for a k series cpu, z77 motherboard and a custom CPU cooler?

If not going to overclock then I would suggest an i5 3570/i7 3770 with h77 and invest the saved money on a better graphics card or ssd.

OP
V

vishalselvan

Broken In
the difference between an i7 3770 and i7 3770k is a thousand bucks and I'm not planning on doing it anytime soon,but maybe in the future,I might so why regret it later....that's why and the custom cpu cooler is one of the cheapest and best solutions for keeping the temp lowe IF you're not overclocking because apparently intel's stock cooler doesn't do a good job it seems

Is the H100 completely safe? the possibility of a leak just frightens the crap out of me!!

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
before jumping around screaming crossfire and SLI, ponder a bit on the phenomenon of microstutter. single gpu setups are way better than multi gpu. microstutter can make 120FPS feel like 20FPS. read articles. ask on forums and decide before you jump in.

the H100 is Completely safe. otherwise corsair wouldnt have released it. btw, AFAIK, it doesnt use water. it uses a non-conductive liquid coolant with high specific heat capacity. incase you spring a leak, your hardware will not short circuit.

if you are going for Gaming only, then i7 is overkill. i5 will perform cool. even with Crysis 3 on highest settings [it recommends i7 for highest settings].

and if you sit around for the next gen GPUs, and purchase them on launch, your budget will exceed. better go with a 7950, OC it to within 7970 levels [or simply go for a 7970, wateva] and then change it when the price of the next gen GPUs settle down.

oh and going for a K-series proccy and not OCing it is Criminal. ;)

Top Bottom