Ultra HDTV dedicated thread

mohit_delhi

Broken In
Even if there isn't enough content available for it, I daresay that upconverted 1080p content looks much better than plain ole 1080p content. The upconversion feature will be a good stopgap until actual 4K content becomes available.

LG WRman Sherlock, out!

But how do you upscale that? Either DTH should broadcast by upscaling it, or one has to do himself. No DTH in India does that so far. I dont think market is at all matured for such displays.

max_snyper

Maximum Effort!!!!!!
I don't think....in India the UDTV trend will pick up soon......still 1080 scaling is not implemented properly...we are still having 25 channels on the max on 1080 interlaced not even progressive...and PQ of any HD channel is a little down a notch from best.
So buying this kind of tv would be seriously overkill for now...even 2~5 years.
And what will you watch in Ultra definition "Saas-Bahu" serial...LoL....no quality content for now that would pull us to buy this sort of entertainment product.

randomuser111

Technomancer
Even if there isn't enough content available for it, I daresay that upconverted 1080p content looks much better than plain ole 1080p content. The upconversion feature will be a good stopgap until actual 4K content becomes available.

LG WRman Sherlock, out!

+1. But still, it's out of reach currently for anyone except the "cream class" of the society. ;)

Ankit Omar

Broken In
Westinghouse launched a 110-inch 4K TV during CES 2013. It costs 300,000 USD, or 1,61,59,500 INR. And people thought the 20,000 USD price tag on the 84LM9600 was too much.... :)

LG WRman Sherlock, out!
I don’t believe the figures you've mentioned, first time when I read this comment I started recounting the figures; assuming that I might have made some mistake is calculation but later I figured out this is staggeringly expensive:shock::shock::shock:! Nothing to discuss for Sony and LG UHD-TVs after looking Westinghouse 110-inch TV. Did they also announce any expected sales or their release time for this model?

Just wanted to give a short update about 4k contents that Japan is planning to broadcast the 2014 football world cup in 4k. though the news can be said in the initial phase but still it's a good initiative from Japan.hope other countries also get serious about 4k contents. check out this url Japan Plans Ultra HD 4K TV Broadcast In Time For World Cup 2014

LGWRSherlock

LG Expert
Just wanted to give a short update about 4k contents that Japan is planning to broadcast the 2014 football world cup in 4k. though the news can be said in the initial phase but still it's a good initiative from Japan.hope other countries also get serious about 4k contents. check out this url Japan Plans Ultra HD 4K TV Broadcast In Time For World Cup 2014

I recently read this article from a new tech site that recently started up (at least it seems pretty new, the number of articles that have been posted so far is quite small), and it gives a pretty comprehensive review on when we can begin to expect 4K content to come along. *thenanobyte.com/?p=796

If you were to extrapolate the data on that article to the current status in India, I would say that it will take at least 5 more years or so before us Indians will be able to view streaming 4K content. Otherwise, I 4K TVs with physical media should be widely available within the next 2-3 years or so.

If you guys read the article, what do you guys think? How long before India gets the point where we can stream 4K movies?

LG WRman Sherlock, out!

I’ll praise the technology if it would become possible! But what if people don’t have 4k TV by that time; is there any other medium left through which we can get the access of those satellite channels?

Ankit Omar

Broken In
I recently read this article from a new tech site that recently started up (at least it seems pretty new, the number of articles that have been posted so far is quite small), and it gives a pretty comprehensive review on when we can begin to expect 4K content to come along. *thenanobyte.com/?p=796

If you were to extrapolate the data on that article to the current status in India, I would say that it will take at least 5 more years or so before us Indians will be able to view streaming 4K content. Otherwise, I 4K TVs with physical media should be widely available within the next 2-3 years or so.

If you guys read the article, what do you guys think? How long before India gets the point where we can stream 4K movies?

LG WRman Sherlock, out!
Thanks for sharing that URL I found that site quite interesting and best of all it’s all about tech stuff! I personally see the long term future of 4k TVs as very bright!

LGWRSherlock

LG Expert
I’ll praise the technology if it would become possible! But what if people don’t have 4k TV by that time; is there any other medium left through which we can get the access of those satellite channels?

If you don't have a 4K TV, there's no point in trying to get access to those channels! The new 4K channels will most likely not show exclusive content, but rather mirrored content from a standard HD channel. However, by the time 4K broadcast channels become ubiquitous, I'll bet anything that 4K TVs will be as "cheap" as LED TVs are today.

LG WRman Sherlock, out!

Lalit Kishore

Broken In
+1. But still, it's out of reach currently for anyone except the "cream class" of the society. ;)

The way I see it, the initial response to these Ultra HD TVs will be flat which will prompt manufacturers to provide loan facilities for purchasing their 4K sets. And hence, Ultra HD sales start growing :D

Top Bottom