ultra end gaming PC around 1-1.2 lakh

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
I meant when you are college focus more time improving your social game with the ladies, learn how to master the art of seduction and focus on self-improvement, hit the gym. At least I would have given my college self this advice. Put hardcore gaming aside. Just play casually. And don't watch tv shows. For all this just a good laptop will be enough. No need high end gaming. For starters I would recommend books by dale carnegie, mark manson, david dedia, robert glover. Then find some online forums related to the same.

I know this is offtopic, but I tell this every college kid that I know. Buy the pc, but do above also ;)

Last edited:
OP
S

shekharSHASHANK

Journeyman
I meant when you are college focus more time improving your social game with the ladies, learn how to master the art of seduction and focus on self-improvement, hit the gym. At least I would have given my college self this advice. Put hardcore gaming aside. Just play casually. And don't watch tv shows. For all this just a good laptop will be enough. No need high end gaming. For starters I would recommend books by dale carnegie, mark manson, david dedia, robert glover. Then find some online forums related to the same.

I know this is offtopic, but I tell this every college kid that I know. Buy the pc, but do above also ;)

Hehe..
Brother 1 women guy..And already found that women..
Lovely loyal and lustful.. Thats my spicy triple tango..Gym is actually what I pkan to do in clg a lot..But that would take note more than3 houra and the rest time aprt from the clg itself ones will be invested in gaming..Hardcore gaming... I have actually decided to start a channel on Ytube.Thought the name even..
CONTROLLED CHAOS..(suggestions appreciated)
will be doing walkthroughs and rapid runs ove there...

- - - Updated - - -

1. Use a usb wifi dongle: I use it. Its quite flexible and have a preety good range. Also, its cheap. Range between Rs300-2k for the best.
Hmm.this seems like a better option to me too..
H97 i guess i'll be going fo that too.
I seriously want to buy a monitor that serves for the 150+ fps which my 980Ti would provide.
So i need some cost cuttings..

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Budget - 130k

ProcessorIntel Xeon E3-1246 V321,000
CPU CoolerCooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO1,700
MotherboardAsus H97-PRO Gamer
MemoryKingston HyperX Fury 16GB(2x8GB) 1866Mhz8,000
Graphics CardZotac GTX 980 4GB AMP Edition46,000
SSDSamsung 850 EVO 250GB8,500
Power SupplySeasonic M12II 620w EVO Edition6,900
CabinetCorsair SPEC-034,300
Internal StorageWD Caviar Black 1TB6,500
Optical DriveAsus DRW-24D3ST DVDR/W1,000
MonitorDell S2240L 22" LED IPS8,000
KeyboardLogitech G105 Gaming KB3,100
MouseLogitech G400s2,000
Total1,28,100

OP
S

shekharSHASHANK

Journeyman
Budget - 130k

ProcessorIntel Xeon E3-1246 V321,000
CPU CoolerCooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO1,700
MotherboardAsus H97-PRO Gamer
MemoryKingston HyperX Fury 16GB(2x8GB) 1866Mhz8,000
Graphics CardZotac GTX 980 4GB AMP Edition46,000
SSDSamsung 850 EVO 250GB8,500
Power SupplySeasonic M12II 620w EVO Edition6,900
CabinetCorsair SPEC-034,300
Internal StorageWD Caviar Black 1TB6,500
Optical DriveAsus DRW-24D3ST DVDR/W1,000
MonitorDell S2240L 22" LED IPS8,000
KeyboardLogitech G105 Gaming KB3,100
MouseLogitech G400s2,000
Total1,28,100

Brother I wish to get the 980Ti for 4K gaming.. Not the 980.
The Ti retails for about 65000 i guess..

D

Deleted member 118788

1080p monitor wont be satisfying enough. Go for atleast 1440p Monitor.

ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited
Then, you're falling short on budget dear. Within your budget you can't accomodate 4k monitor and 980 Ti, they both will cost nearly 90-95k alone. IMO you've to increase your budget way more.

D

Deleted member 118788

Then, you're falling short on budget dear. Within your budget you can't accomodate 4k monitor and 980 Ti, they both will cost nearly 90-95k alone. IMO you've to increase your budget way more.

Maybe he can opt for an Korean 1440p monitor

OP
S

shekharSHASHANK

Journeyman
4k isn't a demand right now..I just want a 1080p monitor with heigher refrest rate to accomodate for the 150+ fps coupled with the GTX 980Ti.

rajesh00

Journeyman
4k isn't a demand right now..I just want a 1080p monitor with heigher refrest rate to accomodate for the 150+ fps coupled with the GTX 980Ti.

Even refresh rate doesn't help much.Many gets 120RR to get max 120fps ..As you can see today's games itself not giving constant 60fps on ultra unless you have 980 or above.This wont happen after 1yr or 2.Witcher 3 at ultra 1080p on 980 gives 60-65fps and on 980ti 80-85fps constant.Only Advantage is no motion blurr which is very important.

Anyway you can easily buy 144hz monitor,but try to get monitor with G-sync technology.

Last edited:

ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited
Here's a monitor with higher refresh rate : *www.theitdepot.com/details-Asus+24inch+LED+3D+Monitor+(VG248QE)_C7P19814.html

But if ur gpu can shell out more fps, vsync on is recommended as anything over 60fps can't perceived by eyes. and yes, 980 Ti can be safe for at least 3-4 yrs, everything will be playable.

OP
S

shekharSHASHANK

Journeyman
Even refresh rate doesn't help much.Many gets 120RR to get max 120fps ..As you can see today's games itself not giving constant 60fps on ultra unless you have 980 or above.This wont happen after 1yr or 2.Witcher 3 at ultra 1080p on 980 gives 60-65fps and on 980ti 80-85fps constant.Only Advantage is no motion blurr which is very important.

Anyway you can easily buy 144hz monitor,but try to get monitor with G-sync technology.

Brother a G sync monitor would b way way out of my budget total..

rajesh00

Journeyman
Brother a G sync monitor would b way way out of my budget total..

Ya i know.I don't even found any with 1080p resolution.I'm also not good in picking monitor though.I can only tell you that don't buy glossy screen it hurts,matte is always good.IPS monitor have good quality picture and viewing angles but they have 5ms response time minimum.Gamers choose 1ms.And only thing left is refresh rate,for your budget you can easily go for 144hz monitor,which reduces motion blur.

G-sync is very good technology but sadly we don't have any,that we can afford.
I hope you have picked other components.Others might suggest you regarding monitor.

OP
S

shekharSHASHANK

Journeyman
Ya i know.I don't even found any with 1080p resolution.I'm also not good in picking monitor though.I can only tell you that don't buy glossy screen it hurts,matte is always good.IPS monitor have good quality picture and viewing angles but they have 5ms response time minimum.Gamers choose 1ms.And only thing left is refresh rate,for your budget you can easily go for 144hz monitor,which reduces motion blur.

G-sync is very good technology but sadly we don't have any,that we can afford.
I hope you have picked other components.Others might suggest you regarding monitor.

Reganding graphics card.I have picked or alteat planned to take 980Ti,which will be like available within 2 months at retail shops.
and the monitor which I plan to take would be Asus VG248QE 24" 3D LED..
it's a 144 Hz and 1ms monitor for about 28000k

- - - Updated - - -

Heard about this cabinet...
Looks pretty cool..
Look badass actually
Does anyone have any experience with circle cabinets??
Circle CC 830 Professional Gaming Cabinet (without SMPS) Black

Last edited:

bikramjitkar

In the zone
Reganding graphics card.I have picked or alteat planned to take 980Ti,which will be like available within 2 months at retail shops.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks pretty cool..
Look badass actually

That cabinet is a piece of junk. Putting a 980ti in that would be like sticking a Ferrari engine into an Alto chassis. :lol:
Don't buy a case based on looks. Cooling performance and maintainability comes first. At your budget, go for at least a Corsair 400r.

OP
S

shekharSHASHANK

Journeyman
That cabinet is a piece of junk. Putting a 980ti in that would be like sticking a Ferrari engine into an Alto chassis. :lol:
Don't buy a case based on looks. Cooling performance and maintainability comes first. At your budget, go for at least a Corsair 400r.

Ferrari into an alto..
Hehe...good one..
CorsairCorsair 400r is a great option,m aware..
But what about corsair sepc 03.

go with phantom 530.
It's full Tower. Good air flow. Looks Sick awesome.
Available at around 9k at primeabgb.

Let us know when you open youtube channel. Will sub.

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
so you are joining a med college and planning to game all the time, hmm
like someone who has commented , its a good idea to socialize, rather than lock yourself up, also let me tell you this , dont ignore your studies at any cost , the thing about medicine stream is , you are starting from square one, zero !!
and first year is your base and boy you are gonna regret big time if you waste your time , wont be apparent at that time, but once you pass and then you start prepping for your PG entrance you will know
so atleast study the bare minimum, and also dont forget to enjoy, the thing is you need to find the right balance between both

btw you are definitely going to need a laptop, with all that presentations and stuff , which you will be needing to do eventually , you are gonna need a portable device

since you have more or less reached a final configuration here is somthing that you need to keep in mind
none of the single gpu which have been mentioned, can give you 60 fps at 4k (and ultra settings). they will be topping around 30fps, 4gb vram is one of the bottlenecking factors
getting a high refresh monitor is good, but i dont see much benefit in going beyond 60 fps in most games , unless you are into online games like CSGO, dota may be, and other first person shooter games, and i dont think you would be able to get 120+ fps in games like gta v or witcher or any of the newest titles on ultra settings @1080p
Grand Theft Auto V - The NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti Review

rajesh00

Journeyman
like someone who has commented , its a good idea to socialize, rather than lock yourself up, also let me tell you this , dont ignore your studies at any cost , the thing about medicine stream is , you are starting from square one, zero !!
and first year is your base and boy you are gonna regret big time if you waste your time , wont be apparent at that time, but once you pass and then you start prepping for your PG entrance you will know
so atleast study the bare minimum, and also dont forget to enjoy, the thing is you need to find the right balance between both

btw you are definitely going to need a laptop, with all that presentations and stuff , which you will be needing to do eventually , you are gonna need a portable device

since you have more or less reached a final configuration here is somthing that you need to keep in mind
none of the single gpu which have been mentioned, can give you 60 fps at 4k (and ultra settings). they will be topping around 30fps, 4gb vram is one of the bottlenecking factors
getting a high refresh monitor is good, but i dont see much benefit in going beyond 60 fps in most games , unless you are into online games like CSGO, dota may be, and other first person shooter games, and i dont think you would be able to get 120+ fps in games like gta v or witcher or any of the newest titles on ultra settings @1080p

That's what i said earlier.

Whats funny thing is AMD says R7 370 is 4k graphic card.what i understand is all 3 series cards(not the high end) can be set to 4k resolution but graphics settings should be minimal. Unless we set all graphics settings to low and resolution to 4k then we might have playable fps to play.

Who would want to play like that buying ultra high price 2k/4k monitor and play at low settings.Its better to play atleast 720p with ultra settings.

And OP already decided to go for 1080p monitor.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Looks pretty cool..
Look badass actually

But 3D is not a big deal.I heard BenQ makes good gaming monitors.Just check the reviews of the monitor and always matte screen. :)
Don't go for circle or square whatever brand it is.I prefer nzxt.

OP
S

shekharSHASHANK

Journeyman
Sure brother..will let you know bout that channel..

- - - Updated - - -

That's what i said earlier.

Whats funny thing is AMD says R7 370 is 4k graphic card.what i understand is all 3 series cards(not the high end) can be set to 4k resolution but graphics settings should be minimal. Unless we set all graphics settings to low and resolution to 4k then we might have playable fps to play.

Who would want to play like that buying ultra high price 2k/4k monitor and play at low settings.Its better to play atleast 720p with ultra settings.

And OP already decided to go for 1080p monitor.

- - - Updated - - -

But 3D is not a big deal.I heard BenQ makes good gaming monitors.Just check the reviews of the monitor and always matte screen. :)
Don't go for circle or square whatever brand it is.I prefer nzxt.
Monitor is one aspect which has left my brains deep fried..For the GTA 5 I know frame rates aren't that high but games like BioShock Infinte and COD advanced warfare do deliver 60+ fps..
My budget constraint is already taxing me a lot.
With a 980ti and the 144hz monitor alone charging me about 95000. Fitting the remaining prts in 30000 is becoming a challenging task.Considering the fact that xeon itself costs about 21000.
The only departments I can trim are monitors and cabinet.
please guide me on this one..
On games like Bshock if I get 150+ fps 1) On a regular 8k,LED MONITOR
2)On those 144hz refrest rates ones..
Will there be a massive visual improvement on the 144hz to blow my brains off becuse the price difference b/w them has done just that..
8k vs 30k

- - - Updated - - -

Are you a med. Student too?
And I was strolling through that GTA 5 benchmark u linked.. 980Ti manages 27 fps ultra 4K. But then jumps to 56fps 1440p ultra.
So at least for 1080 high settings one can expext it to throw around 75-80,fps.
Now on this kind of framerate does a 144hz monitor justify?
Also i do happen to own a 22" LCD(mind u not LED) monitor. I have a preassumption that LED ones are way better than LCD coz in my home I have 2TV's. One being Videocon LCD42" and the other being Samsung LED 42".
Obviously videocon sucks.Not because its a videocon I guess,but because it's a LCD.
I have seen great picture difference b/t them both.And concluded. That LCD are downright obsolete.
CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG..
Because if I am wrong and if LCD=LED.then i never would have to buy a monitor..saving my 30k

Top Bottom