ubuntu wubi installer problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.tweaker

Journeyman
hi pals,i have a intel d102ggc2 mobo,whenever i try to install ubuntu through wubi,after the initial setup when the comp reboots and gives option for ubuntu in the boot loader then it first shows something like bios bug timeout delay for a fraction of a second,then ubuntu booting starts and nothing happend ,instead a black screen comes up with mentioning a command for help viewing.but it is running smoothly in live cd mode and this cd i got from canonical itself,so cant be faulty,is this a problem with my mobo or something else.BTW i find that sometimes my mobo create such weired problems especially with debian distros.a simillar case happened with dreamlinux where also the boot scrren stayed endlessly.please help.iam a linux nooobie,so i will prefer wubi installation

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
yup there is bios bug in my 965 chipset too. I was not able to install Debian Lenny, did a boot from hdd install and it worked but that part was tricky unless you know what you are doing.

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
I tried Mandriva 2009.0 in my friends D101G which is same as your except for the DDR and DDR2 changes.. I hope it will work fine in your PC :) His PC was running amazingly with all sound and compiz working out of the box :)

vandit

In the zone
Hi guys !
Recently I did a wubi install of Ubuntu 9.04 on my dell studio 15 . Now everything seems fine but I cant see the partion (other files) on which the installation is done.

eg.

I have done a wubi installation in d:\ . hence folder d:\ubuntu exists there along with other awesomeness.
but from within ubuntu I am not able to view the "other awesomness" (the other folders) in the d:\ drive. please help .
I can see the other partitions.

vandit

In the zone
^^ problem solved. The drive on which the wubi installation is done is accessible under the /host folder.:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom