Ubuntu Resolution Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

BSOD

Err.. what?
I have this Nvidia 7600GT video card and a LCD which has native resolution of 1440x900 but, Ubuntu shows a maximum resolution of 800x600 and after installing the Nvidia drivers it got reduced to 640x480.
Guess many guys have already faced this problem before, but, none of the solutions suggested seemed to work for me.

M

mastana

open /etc/X11/xorg.conf of ubuntu as "gksudo gedit /etc/X11/xorg.conf " and add below option in section "Display"
Code:
    SubSection     "Display"
       Viewport     0 0
        Depth       24
	FbBpp       32
[B]Modes      "1440x900"[/B]
    EndSubSection

OP
BSOD

BSOD

Err.. what?
I found a working method which is seemingly hidden. If anyone needs it here it is -
Go to Screens and Graphics in Applications Menu - Others (it is not there by default and you may have to add it. Right click on Applications Menu and choose Edit Menu and add it there.)
Choose your model and resolution and other settings. If the monitor is not in the list, just choose Generic and choose the resolution or better still if it works Auto Detect.

@mastana - I had tried that method after googling. It didnot work for me.

>>Which version of Ubuntu are you using? How did you install Nvidia Driver?
I am using Ubuntu 8.04 - the Hardy Heron. For the Nvidia Driver I updated the repository sources and installed the restricted driver.

Thanks for helping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom