Status
Not open for further replies.
F

FilledVoid

Wth!!.
I remember downloading a ~10Megs package of wine for zenwalk.
What else does ubuntu download as dependencies for wine other than the wine package?

Im not sure Im not at my Ubuntu machine at the moment. Ill check again but Im pretty sure it was 30 MB.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
For me Wine with dependencies was about 15MB.

With regard to installing flash you may try this method posted by Prakash: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=655768&postcount=5
Its a very small download.

OP
A

adi007

Youngling
I installed wine on opensuse 10.1 and was able to install winamp and play mp3 files(Thought real player in open suse can play mp3 files)but i am unable to play vedio.I installed wmp,zoom player,vlc for windows etc .... by using wine but was not able to make it play vedio..
Then i used crossover and the result was the same....

F

FilledVoid

I installed wine on opensuse 10.1 and was able to install winamp and play mp3 files(Thought real player in open suse can play mp3 files)but i am unable to play vedio.I installed wmp,zoom player,vlc for windows etc .... by using wine but was not able to make it play vedio..
Then i used crossover and the result was the same...

If youre in Ubuntu why run Wine to get all of this to work? ...Gah, I just remembered the initial problem you had. I know that this isnt a workaround for the problem you are having but you might have better luck with Mint since it seems to have codecs installed for all media on itself. For Ubuntu you will have to download them unfortunately.

praka123

left this forum longback
why to use wine?almost all apps are available natively for Linux!.wine is for ies4linux or to play with viruses. :p games?u need cedega :( which is non-free paid.

F

FilledVoid

I installed wine on opensuse 10.1 and was able to install winamp

Alternatives for :

Winamp - Id rather have Amarok, XMMS (look alike!)
Video Player: VLC, Xine (these should work)

Further please read this about help with getting restricted formats to play
*help.ubuntu.com/community/RestrictedFormats

Games : Cedega(not free) , Crossover Office (not free) and Wine
You can check for your respective game support at each sites database listing here.
*games.cedega.com/gamesdb/
*appdb.winehq.org/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom