Ubuntu Edge - The phone that BEATS all other phones

quagmire

Allllright !
^That should give the funding quite a spike. $9,158,934 now with 13 days left. Needs 13 such spikes to reach goal :razz:

rosemolr

Journeyman
I really doubted when a they set a gigantic goal to meet in the first place...32Million... C'mon guys thats looot of money!Being a technology enthusiast may be i will donate some money to their program but as far as a common man is concerned he won't bet on Canonical for almost one year for an incubation of a phone!!!

Its really pitty that Canonical couldn't make it...The only possible way is that Mammoths like FB or Twitter should back up their effort...

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
I really doubted when a they set a gigantic goal to meet in the first place...32Million... C'mon guys thats looot of money!Being a technology enthusiast may be i will donate some money to their program but as far as a common man is concerned he won't bet on Canonical for almost one year for an incubation of a phone!!!

Its really pitty that Canonical couldn't make it...The only possible way is that Mammoths like FB or Twitter should back up their effort...
nope its not that big goal they could have reached it easily have they had gone to people with real money........

i mean it would have easily been possible if they had asked for people to invest as a business venture.........

rosemolr

Journeyman
@^ For some reason you reminded me Christian Bale's Dialogue

" One fund raiser with my pals,you wont need another penny!"

Blame on my obsession with Batman!!!

Yes,I agree to your point.They should have done this with the people who are having hard cash at their disposal...!

But don't you think the online fund raiser is a flop plan to raise this sum of money? I always convert the amount to INR...May be coz of that :p

bhooshan

Right off the assembly line
They have raised 9.6 million as of now. But I don't think they will be able to raise another 22.4 million as there is only 10 more days to go.

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
@^ For some reason you reminded me Christian Bale's Dialogue

" One fund raiser with my pals,you wont need another penny!"

Blame on my obsession with Batman!!!

Yes,I agree to your point.They should have done this with the people who are having hard cash at their disposal...!

But don't you think the online fund raiser is a flop plan to raise this sum of money? I always convert the amount to INR...May be coz of that :p
reading that i got reminded about arkham city dialogue "Its billionaire now, millionaire is so last year..."

amjath

Human Spambot
Finally failed
Ubuntu Edge campaign fails to meet its $32 million target - GSMArena.com news

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ It was apparent from day 3.
Well, atleast we tried. Ubuntu's just fell short of finance, not the vision. And it's the vision which helps innovation. Might not today, but tomorrow.

And perhaps maybe tomorrow rather than just being a support from back, I would be able to even invest in such crowd funding project, to drive the innovation forward.

ankush28

Bazinga
It happened they failed to get funds
Ubuntu Edge | Indiegogo

no ubuntu edge :( :( :( :'(

not bankrupt!!!

So what would be next step??
I think google or any cellphone manufacturere should contribute something in this case so Ubuntu edge will become reallity

Top Bottom