Ubuntu Edge - The phone that BEATS all other phones

gameranand

Living to Play
The price is not bad considering the specs but I wonder if they will make the phone or not because pace is not good. :|

But damn the phone is damn good, I mean if I would have that kind of money. I would have donated.

amjath

Human Spambot
The IndieGoGo campaign for Ubuntu Edge is losing steam
*cdn.gsmarena.com/pics/13/07/ubuntu-edge-campaign-slowing-down/gsmarena_001.jpg
*cdn.gsmarena.com/pics/13/07/ubuntu-edge-campaign-slowing-down/gsmarena_002.jpg

The IndieGoGo campaign for Ubuntu Edge is losing steam - GSMArena Blog

ashs1

Padawan
^

>675$ . If you contribute above this, you will get a phone. That roughly translates to Rs.40,120

Shiva

ouch..thats definately not possible for me. :D

Currently, the donations stand at $7,300,039. $25m more needed in 23 days. thats about a little more than $1m per day which i think is not going to happen. Might be possible to reach 32m if companies like facebook or google gave it a bit of funds or maybe they can do it like an investment.. :O

quagmire

Allllright !
12 days left still stuck at 8 mln :-(

*lh3.googleusercontent.com/-sMB-qGF1d_M/Ufu5f1GDXrI/AAAAAAAAAZU/TRbX3fTdu7s/s800/EdgeCanvas.png

vijju6091

Feeling Gravity
12 days left still stuck at 8 mln :-(

*lh3.googleusercontent.com/-sMB-qGF1d_M/Ufu5f1GDXrI/AAAAAAAAAZU/TRbX3fTdu7s/s800/EdgeCanvas.png

Better then best specs but the donation should reach to 32M which looks quite impossible IMO as of Now

^not 12days, 19 days. Anyway, 8,013,500$ only. :(. I had hoped this project would become a reality, however the numbers say a different story.

Shiva

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
so let get this straight they are asking funds to be invested in this phone??????

i mean the phone is not actually available now and even if it is the specs are too huge for that price point.........

reddick

Mobile Freak
AFAIK This phone supports dual OS namely Android and Linux , correct me if I'm wrong , But If it is true , then it will mark a new era of dual OSes phones in market :twisted: Another trend which may favors consumerism :cool:

BombayBoy

Journeyman
so let get this straight they are asking funds to be invested in this phone??????

i mean the phone is not actually available now and even if it is the specs are too huge for that price point.........

It's not actually available. But it'll be made available if their funding goal is met. They get assured pre orders through crowd funding.

AFAIK This phone supports dual OS namely Android and Linux , correct me if I'm wrong , But If it is true , then it will mark a new era of dual OSes phones in market :twisted: Another trend which may favors consumerism :cool:

Dual boot was already available on a few phones. Some of the old HTC Windows phones could boot Android.

reddick

Mobile Freak
Yeah but one have to root or flash his phone ,which may void warranty or may effect the phone. What I'm talking about is one gets dual OS(s) out of the box with warranty and all other goodies :) Being this, it will challenge other manufactures also and can pull handsome consumers next year :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Ubuntu conducting AMA session on Reditt.
As of now, is underway.

We are the Engineering team behind Ubuntu for Android - AUA : IAmA

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Won't meet the target.

I'd have given my money to Ubuntu if they hadn't started their crapfest with Mir.

amjath

Human Spambot
Canonical lowers Ubuntu Edge price to $695 on Indiegogo
Canonical lowers Ubuntu Edge price to $695 on Indiegogo - GSMArena Blog

Top Bottom