Ubuntu Discussion thread!

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
i installed ubuntu 14.04.1 again today (fresh install with dual boot with win 7), it finds my wifi network but not connecting to it and keeps promoting for password ?????????????/

i raised it on askubuntu.com but all sleeping there ???

aaruni

The Linux Guy
i installed ubuntu 14.04.1 again today (fresh install with dual boot with win 7), it finds my wifi network but not connecting to it and keeps promoting for password ?????????????/

Try to reboot your system, and your router, and try again.

OP
ankush28

ankush28

Bazinga

1. Use ubuntuforums.org
2. Confirm you are typing it correctly...Just type same thing in gedit to confirm whether num lock or caps lock isnt causing this....(happened with me)
3. Temperory turn off wlan power management by typing this...
Code:
sudo iwconfig wlan0 power off
Log out and log in again.

dissel

Cyborg Agent
Is there any new way / solution to get worked with Blutooth in Ubuntu 14.04 .1 LTS ? Any work around out there ?

It seems the biggest bug for beautiful OS...anyone got remedy ? If yes please share....

Theodre

In the zone
In my experience, all the queries about ubuntu will be replied and sufficed in Ubuntu Forums
[MENTION=11717]dissel[/MENTION] - Do post your query in the forums and i bet it will be replied and solved.

dissel

Cyborg Agent
In my experience, all the queries about ubuntu will be replied and sufficed in Ubuntu Forums
[MENTION=11717]dissel[/MENTION] - Do post your query in the forums and i bet it will be replied and solved.

:)

Already did....Now 121 views 0 replies. I think now this is the compromise 14.04 user need to live with. BTW here is the thread

[ubuntu] Can't enable BlueTooth in Ubuntu 14.04 - 1 LTS on HP Compaq 15 - s001TU (G8D87PA)

jimmythegeek

Broken In
:)

Already did....Now 121 views 0 replies. I think now this is the compromise 14.04 user need to live with. BTW here is the thread

[ubuntu] Can't enable BlueTooth in Ubuntu 14.04 - 1 LTS on HP Compaq 15 - s001TU (G8D87PA)

rfkill list all
rfkill unblock all

dissel

Cyborg Agent
rfkill list all
rfkill unblock all

Already went thorough all possible command including this but no result, It is only for Realtek chip-set only. Installed Ubuntu 14.04 -1 in AMD netbook and all device work out-of-the box - not a single issue there.

aaruni

The Linux Guy
If Ubuntu 14.04 works, and 12.04 doesn't, then I would recommend you to try 12.04.5 . It uses the same kernel branch which 14.04 uses.

dissel

Cyborg Agent
Followed this instruction - everything went well but there is no way I can enable Bluetooth - The problem still remain same.

wireless - Ralink rt3290 wifi driver is not working in Ubuntu 14.04 - Ask Ubuntu

aaruni

The Linux Guy
Followed this instruction - everything went well but there is no way I can enable Bluetooth - The problem still remain same.

wireless - Ralink rt3290 wifi driver is not working in Ubuntu 14.04 - Ask Ubuntu

Forget it. I have rt3290 too, and Bluetooth simply doesn't work.

I'm Stuck Guys....
I want to do changes in boot folder on ubuntu ... i.e some contents ...
But I don't have permission to do that...

But I'm the only user......

Shah

Cyborg Agent
Is there any way to install the "build-essential" package on a system with no internet connectivity?

aaruni

The Linux Guy
You can always download the .deb file from an internet connected machine, and then come back home and install it from that .deb file.

If you put it in the apt cache folder first, it will even install via apt.

Top Bottom