Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic koala

Status
Not open for further replies.

GigaHeartz

Off the beaten track
I think i'll wait for Jaunty, Karmic to get a year older before installing.. Right now using the old Hardy 8.04 LTS

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
So, what are your views on it? Personally, I have found it to be very good!

vamsi360

Always confused
i think 9.04 is better. The boot time is slow in my laptop and is widely said that 9.10 boots faster than its predecessor but i observed that it is slower than its predecessor which used to boot like a rocket.

The Intel driver for my 1525 works now right away. I had troubles in the previous version and then edited the config file to get it working then, that too with no compiz.

In our college the download speed for Wifi is 1.5 MBPS and I downloaded Ubuntu and Kubuntu both in 4 minutes parallelly on the launch day. The bandwidth is 45 MBPS there.

Even I downloaded the 7 Enterprise version trail and server 2008 R2 evaluation on the same day in 3 hours. The speed is mindblowing. All you need is to set up the proxy.:idea:

For me, Fedora is a lot better than Ubuntu these days except that Ubuntu has a large fanbase and more money:)).

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
Yup.. Fedora rocks.. the most awesome distro.. I really love ithe Delta RPM feature.. saves a lot of bandwidth..

Its good the only issue i found was that the network manager is a little buggy ,especially with mobile broadband .
but 2 of our guys filed bug reports and i here that an update has been released which solved the problem...

dexterxtreme

Right off the assembly line
now i got ubuntu 9.10 but it often gets freeze when i try to run it in live cd mode however the previous versions are running fine

deepakchan

Troubleshooter
I used to get my Tata Indicom Photon+ Wireless broadband modem model no ZTE AC8710 up and running on Ubuntu 9.04 with just these two commands

sudo modprobe usbserial vendor=0x19d2 product=0xffff
sudo wvdial

But now in Ubuntu 9.10 this is not working. Where am I going wrong?

GoTo System>Preference>Network Connections .... Select the "Mobile Broadband Tab>Add" and then just follow the instructions to set up your Photon+ connection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom