My Ubuntu Installation Stops at:

"Adding Live CD User ..."

My System Config Are :

Sony DRU 820A
Samsung SW 252B CD-RW Drive
P4 2.8Ghz Northwood
Intel 845G
512 MB DDR 333

The Installation cd works fine on my friend's cd drive , and also on my Samsung drive , but it hangs on my DVD Drive .

Last edited:

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
Looks like there is no problem with the Ubuntu CD. The problem lies in your DVD
drive. How old is your DVD drive? Have your DVD-ROM lens cleaned by a technician.
If it's under warranty, take it to the Sony service centre.

OP
Zeeshan Quireshi

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
No The Probleam is not with my DVD drive .

It's Just 1 Month Old . i installed fc3 with it last week , and use it for all tasks and works fine . i evenn created an image of the ubuntu cd with my drive and there were no read errors .

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
Try installing Ubuntu from another CD in the pack. Maybe it will work.
There maybe problem with the CD also.

sandeep_arsenal

Broken In
I tried installin DApper too.
the installation takes ages to start.
I tok about 3-4 minutes for the first screen to pop up.
however when i tried the same disc on another system wid lower configuration it worked fine.
THE SAME CD works fine in Windows.

OP
Zeeshan Quireshi

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
i tried all my cd's and the downloaded image too , but the installation just stuck at "Adding Live CD User...." , it works fine on my cd drive on the same system.

G

gxsaurav

the same thing is happening with me

I had a lite-On DVD writer previously, & after my recent HD crash, i baught a new Sony DW-Q120A DVD Writer, & the Kubuntu CD i got from shipit, no longer works, but it did worked in the previous DVD writer

When i put the CD, in Windows XP, nothing happens, & it doesn't even loads up, when i try to boot from it same thing goes, & nothing happens, can't even use it as live CD, while kororaa which i tried previously works fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom