TV Tuner within 1.5k

Status
Not open for further replies.

channabasanna

In the zone
Hi All,

I need to buy a External TV Tuner Card, within 1.5k

Requirements:
  1. I just want to use it for watching TV when my parents are using the Television.
  2. I dont want to use it for recording purpose. So it should just connect to my Viewsonic VA1912wb 19" Monitor.
  3. Which brand should i go for.
  4. How will the clarity be if i use a Cable Splitter and connect TV and this card.
  5. If available within my budget a good External USB TV Tuner Card is also fine.
Also how much does that splitter cost.

VarDOS

15.0 GHz
Recently I saw a Gemini USB TV Tuner....It cost's 1.6k...

I liked it as it was so compact and very easy to handle and specially for TV on laptop...

It was just like Pen-Drive...

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^ There is a Tech-Com external tuner card for 1.5k. superb VFM.

you can connect it using VGA.

Last edited:

ray|raven

Think Zen.
^I got one of those , for just watching tv occasionally. And yes its superb vfm.
I bought it as it only wanted to watch tv without any hassles , and it does the job perfectly.

But i think i got it for less than 1.5k .

OP
channabasanna

channabasanna

In the zone
Can i know the model no. which u got. So that i can go in search of that here. Also does that support my Monitor Viewsonic VW1912wb. I have connected the DVI of monitor to the PC, and will connect the VGA of monitor if it supports.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^I got one of those , for just watching tv occasionally. And yes its superb vfm.
I bought it as it only wanted to watch tv without any hassles , and it does the job perfectly.

But i think i got it for less than 1.5k .

the new one comes with lot of connectivity options so that you can connect it to STB and to good old cable

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Set Top Box

Dish tv , tata sky ....

*www.techcomindia.com/home.php?vact...Tuners&subcat=26&subcatt=External&prodid=726#

above model is USB card

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom