TV Tuner Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

navino87

In the zone
I have planned to buy a new Internal TV Tuner Card.

Model => Compro VideoMate PVR/FM ( Internal )

I wanna know about this card. Does any 1 has this card ?

What are the + and - in this card ?

Can any one make a review on this card?

Which Internal TV Tuner card in the market is best?

Stick with Compro VideoMate PVR/FM. Compro cards have got good reviews consistently and have excellent market presence world over. Also, their online driver and software support is top notch.

*www.tv-cards.com/tvgoldplus.php
*www.overclockers.com.au/content/comprovideomate.php
(this is an old review, Aussies have gone Digital (DVB-T) since)

Pinnacle make good hardware based solutions (as in onboard hardware encoder chips). Go with Pinnacle if you don't mind spending extra.

Leadtek (Winfast TV XP Pro/Deluxe) ones are decent too, although I've found the RF socket gets loose easily and causes bad reception (noise streaks) with passage of time. Great online support w.r.t. drivers/software. Also, scheduling software works great.

Both Mercury and Frontech feel cheap w.r.t. buggy software, cr@p remote and lack of online updates/support.

Keith

casual_gamer

In the zone
i have intex tv tuner card, bought for 1350 in april. the picture quality is average. i have captured many movies with this card using InterVideo WinDVD Recorder and i had no frame droppings whatsoever. so if you are on budget u can go with this card.

but the driver support is average, when i upgraded to latest nvidia drivers i could only see blank screen in the tv viewing software. even the updated drivers on the lifeview site did not work.

cvvikram

MVP in VC++
I am having Pinnacale ...it is really good it terms of quality, presence....etc

try for that...........

techno_funky

da' Ťurntable ruleth
if you are getting the card than look no further
just go get it
i was searching for that card rather went down to buy that card but coudnt just get it
so bought the pinnacle PCTV stereo
which ofcoarse is good at capturing content et all
earlier i thought that having no radio option woudnt hurt much but now i miss the radio option
my suggestion go for the card
i had done a bit of home work
and had boiled down to PCTV stereo or the compro
but as i said it coudnt get it and also it was priced a lot at that time
so all i say again is get that card if possible

casual_gamer said:
when i upgraded to latest nvidia drivers i could only see blank screen in the tv viewing software. even the updated drivers on the lifeview site did not work.

Give this a try. Get nVidia Overdrive Apocalypse v77.76 modified drivers from Guru3d.com. Enable the VMR option in driver settings->video overlay settings.

Keith

cybershastri

Journeyman
Plz dont go for the Mercury one. They may be cheap but the bundled s/w is buggy and the patches are not released promptly. Better go for the one you have choosen or it would be still better if you go for Pinacle.

quad master

In the zone
Compro Videomate PVR/FM is one of the best TV Tuner cards i have come across.

One of my friend has it and it completly rocks.

The cost is varying from 1800 - 1995 for this card.

close ur eyes dont think much this is the best card

OP
N

navino87

In the zone
Can any one tell me whether this card is available in chennai.

if it is available tell me the contact details.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
i am also looking for a tv-tuner but ill go for an external one ...i was thinking of pinnacle earlier but now after seeing this post planning to go for compro, can somebody help ?? ... my budget is max 2.5 - 3k ..in the compro series which one is the best ? see the link below n advice ... which is the better one to go for among COMPRO VIDEOMATE ACTION ULTRA and COMPRO VIDEOMATE LIVE ?? plz advice guyz.

*www.comprousa.com/downloadfiles/vmtvusbtvboxseries.pdf

and this is my post on the pinnacle card which i had decided ,
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26112

which is the best ????

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Pinnacle TV tuner card is the BEST.
But never purchase internal cards.
Cauz i hv faced gr8 problem with it.
I had a TV tuner card some years back.
It was working perfectly and I could record clips and many more.
But one day the DISH cable caught electricity current from somewhere and due to it my TV tuner card, modem, CD Drive, Floppy drive were damaged.

I never thought again to purchase nother TV tuner card.
I bought LG 15" CTV... :D

OP
N

navino87

In the zone
contact

Can any one tell me whether this card is available in chennai.

if it is available tell me the contact details.

Vyasram

The pWnster
Compro is the second best... buy pinacle ..

I have a Pixelview play tv pro ... the card couldn't detect most of the channels .... is there any third party utility freeware available for it ... coz Honestech PVR sucks.. the channels appear when i scan in frequency mode but it doesn't auto store them....how :(

casual_gamer

In the zone
Sourabh said:
I have the same Pixel View tv-tuner past 4 years and it has no issues like this. You can manually install the drivers and install Chris TV

The volume control in Chris Tv sucks, we can't lower or increase the volume quickly, it only moves by one number. For example, if i want to increase the volume from 40 to 60 i should press my Remote 20 times, whereas with the Software that came with my Tuner card i have to press only twise. Is there any fix for this?

Sourabh

Laptoping
I dont often work on my desktop PC now which bears the tv-tuner card but i guess there must be some step settings for configuring the volume control. Try checking the files in the chris-tv folder with notepad. Its a lot tweakable from it. Give it a try coz u never know.

But i never used the remote so i never encountered this problem before. Would check the next time around when i use Chris-tv for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom