TV Tuner card (Internal ONLY)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowfax2009

Wandering around
Hi all
I am currently considering buying an Internal TV tuner card that would go with set top box/ dish TV. Since I have never watched tv on my computer, so I have very Little Idea about the issue. While searching on the net for reviewes some things intrigued me...
1. Whats the difference between pci and pcie cards (Apart from slots plz.... in picture quality)
2. Currently all services are analogue..... but dual HDTV/Analogue cards are also available from Avermedia..... What should be better....(digital cards cost >4k)?
3. Whats the funda of satelite TV cards?
4. What to buy.....?

Will be buying next week ... plz help guys.

VarDOS

15.0 GHz
to connect DishTV to PC, i used a Pixel View P4500 Card,

here is the tutorial how to attach it to PC

Visit : *askvarad.blogspot.com/2009/06/how-to-connect-dishtv-to-pc.html

emmarbee

Journeyman
Actually I shouldn't be replying in this topic, as I had no idea about TV tuner cards a day before. But recently I had made a search on good tv tuner cards in the market. So I may give u some tips.

1) Probably there won't be any difference in quality - if there aren't any difference in SPECS of both cards.
2)GO FOR ANALOG ONLY - HDTV WONT COME TO INDIA ANYTIME SOONER. But if the DIGITAL TUNER cards has better softwares/hardware for encoding the video (capturing or recording), you can go for it. As you might get a better quality in viewing and capturing tv.
3)pass
4) If you can get hauppauge tv tuner cards, then go for it. Else wait for other members suggestions.

saqib_khan

I M A *STAR*
I m using PixelView Play TV Pro 3 with my DishTV. Fully satisfied with it. It has Radio, timeshift, record, etc features. Overall very nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom