ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
budget : 50k

the main requirements are
it should be long lasting... like the last tv was used for 13 years, this one will also be used for like a decade

will be used with regular cable tv not dth HD

it does not need to be a smart tv /internet tv

so what do you guys suggest? what size should i go for? and whether LCD/LED or Plasma?whether i should go for Full HD or not?

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ You have a very good budget mate. At 50k, you can easily get 42 inch displays having
a native resolution of 1920 x 1080 i.e 1080p.

I recommend sticking with led based lcd tv's or simply put " led tv".

So here is my suggestion:

Panasonic Viera 42" LED TV TH-L42D22 @ Rs 50,350 ( Check here).

This one is my sole recommendation. Its a 42 inch fullhd tv that is LED backlit and boasts IPS panel technology with superior and accurate image quality with amazing viewing angles. Its performance was commendable in all the tests thrown in.

Here's a similar review of the model available abroad.

But i suggest to use dth-hd with this. Otherwise the 42inch fulhd panel will be a complete waste. Its better to buy a conventional CRT tv for viewing cable content.
Considering dth-hd has fallen to affordable levels, its really good and wise to invest in one has there are several channels aired in 1080i. Even sports channels are 1080i.

Believe me, you will never watch a cricket or football match in normal cable after viewing it in hd. Normal cable will look pathetic in a 42 ich fullhd display. Heck, it looks pathetic in my 32 inch fullhd display and i'm switching to dth-hd as well.

Check out the TV in your nearest Panasonic center . Ask the guy to play some hd content and check the quality and performance yourself.

Post your comments mate.

Last edited:
OP
ssk_the_gr8

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
the budget is good
we've been discussing whether we should get a tv or tv+ac at home..
people want to go for a tv.. but the problem is that we use cable
we pay 200/- for cable and it is connected to 3 tvs

now if i get suppose dish tv hd, will i be able to connect to 3 tv's? no
if i take 3 connections... it will be like 450X3 = 1350/- is very costly

do any of theses dth providers have provision of some family pack or something.. where if we take more than 1 connections , the rental for subsequent connections is cheaper?

and if i plan to stick with cable, then what kind of tv should i get? is there any point of getting full hd?

which will be the best tv for normal cable... budget no issue...

sygeek

Technomancer
You can easily get a Full HD 40" LED TV for near 50K. Also, some brands like LG, giveaway a blue-ray player as an offer with some of the TVs, look up for them.

pulkitpopli2004

Cyborg Agent
you cant share your DTH connection.. only 1 thing can happen.. you can watch same channel on all 3 TV using only 1 connection. bt no 1 will want this.. you have to buy different connections..

otherwise Videocon TV has inbuilt DTH.. lets others use normal cable.. you can buy FullHD TV and pay its charger.. total would be 450 + 200 = 650

and TV like Samsung, Panasonic have some feature of amplification that result in improvement of signal quality coming from Cable TV... bt yes cable quality can never b ahead of DTH.. you will always feel some blur or noise on such a big screen on Cable connection..
i am using 2 TV.. 1 samsung and other is old model Videocon TV.. and difference can be easily seen as same cable connection is used in both TV...

and buy FullHD only.. each channel is launching their FullHD version.. so its better to have FullHD 16:9 aspect ration LED/LCD TV only..

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
the budget is good
we've been discussing whether we should get a tv or tv+ac at home..
people want to go for a tv.. but the problem is that we use cable
we pay 200/- for cable and it is connected to 3 tvs

now if i get suppose dish tv hd, will i be able to connect to 3 tv's? no
if i take 3 connections... it will be like 450X3 = 1350/- is very costly

do any of theses dth providers have provision of some family pack or something.. where if we take more than 1 connections , the rental for subsequent connections is cheaper?

and if i plan to stick with cable, then what kind of tv should i get? is there any point of getting full hd?

which will be the best tv for normal cable... budget no issue...

Look mate, from your description , i think you and I have similar situations. Unlike you, we have 2 tv's. One is a samsung 21 inch crt and the other is Lg ld460 32 inch fullhd lcd tv that is recently purchased.

Now we have a shared cable connection but what i'm thinking is to get a separate dth-hd for the lcd tv and let the cable tv remain connected to the crt.

You can do the same,i.e leave the cable connection intact to your crt's and get a dth-hd for this lcd tv.

Now videocon, dishtv are offering extremely vfm hd packs with most of channels in 1080i. So now is a very good time to invest in a fullhd tv. Once you see the tv shows in 1080 resolution, i am 100% sure, you will never go back to standard definition or 480p content.

Hooking a cable to fullhd tv will look extremely bad and totally not worth it.

So my suggestion is, get the lcd tv alongwith dts-hd and hook it up alongwith a plan that suits your requirements. Leave the cable connection intact to your other crt tv's.

This way, you don't need to buy multiple dth-hd conections for all tv's.

Top Bottom