Tutorial: Flashing k550i to w610i !!

Swifty

Right off the assembly line
w610iw610iw610i: Can you explain how you removed the simlock from your k550 flashed with w610 ?
I am trying to do the same to mine, but I'm not sure how to!

Thanks

w610iw610iw610i

w610iw610iw610i: Can you explain how you removed the simlock from your k550 flashed with w610 ?
I am trying to do the same to mine, but I'm not sure how to!

Thanks

Okay, im not that technical though im really just compiling information i've read here and on other sites... :)

First of all you need SETool2lite v1.11 -
Download it here
*topse.ru/files/file5342.html

or here:
*rapidshare.com/files/80561870/setool2lite1.11www.se-tuning.net.rar.html

Oh and considering you've probably flashed before you'll probably have the usb flash drivers (if not you need to download them!)

So firstly using SEtool2lite you need to backup your gdfs (so if anything goes wrong you can recover your phone). To do this simply use the 'read gdfs' option.

then you need to apply a 'Quick Access Patch' using SEtool2lite. The program you need to create this patch is included with SEtool2lite (i think).

You'll also need your MAIN w610i firmware to create the patch - if you don't have that you can download it on the first page of this thread.

Use this video tutorial to show you how to apply the patch:
*www.4shared.com/file/33723959/909.....Planet_com.html

don't forget like i did:
when you press 'write script' using SE Tool remember to remove the usb cable and battery, then reinsert the battery, hold c and insert the usb cable...

This takes about 15 minutes to complete, keep following the tutorial above.

Once the quick access patch is applied you can apply the unlocking patch.

For this you need the code:

;w610-R6BC002
;Clear SP-Lock
;Remove SP-Lock
;(c) IronMaster
;(p) sunfire7
+44140000
4ee75c: 30B5041C00231A1C111C1C2094F4 F0B505213A229BF44DFD0020F0BD

Copy all the above text into a notepad document. Click save, then click 'all files' in the drop down list. Name the file anything.vkp

Make sure its saved as a vkp file and not a .txt file!

Now follow this second tutorial which shows you how to apply the patch:
*www.4shared.com/file/33727881/a54.....ick_access.html

And i think thats it... Try it out and see if it works!
Sorry if i havent explained anything properly, i told you im not that good :rolleyes:

lhwjud1

A couple of questions using the SE tool to unlock k550i@w610i.

1) Must it be w610-R6BC002 (main) and not other main, such as R1KG001?
2) FS and Main has to be of same version? Can I install something like w610-R6BC002 main and K550i-R1KG001 FS?
3) My phone is supposedly w610-R1KG001-main and k550-R1KG001-FS at the moment but nonetheless XS++ has always reported "Firmware Version: R6CA001". Which one is correct?

My apology for the stupid question but really appreciate if someone can help. Thanks!

semaj

Broken In
A couple of questions using the SE tool to unlock k550i@w610i.

1) Must it be w610-R6BC002 (main) and not other main, such as R1KG001?
2) FS and Main has to be of same version? Can I install something like w610-R6BC002 main and K550i-R1KG001 FS?
3) My phone is supposedly w610-R1KG001-main and k550-R1KG001-FS at the moment but nonetheless XS++ has always reported "Firmware Version: R6CA001". Which one is correct?

My apology for the stupid question but really appreciate if someone can help. Thanks!

Yes you must use R6BC002 firmware... phone firmware should also be R6BC002... right now patching available if for this firmware...

THANKS TO amxcs for the patch !!!!!!

Now my w610 is unlocked !!!!!

But I am still not able to do what I want .....

I just wanted to add the italian language to my k550i.

So I first updated it to cid 52 and then flashed it up to a w610.

Then I learned my phone had a sim lock, ok with the setool2 it was not a problem (again thanks to amxcs for the patch) and today the last one the phone tells me:

"Configuration error. Please contact your network operator or service center"

What did I wrong???

I used only setool

1. Flashed main (W610_R6BC002_MAIN_GENERIC_NA_RED52.mbn) togheter with the files for the .vkp access (quick_access_W610_R6BC002.vkp)

2. Flashed the FS that supports the italian language (W610_R6BC002_FS_EUROPE_5_RED52.fbn)

3. Added (with write script) the costum pack for the italian language (W610i_HB1-06_Gen_CDA102568_14_R8A_GENERIC_EUROPE_5.zip)

4. Added (with write script) the patch for the sim lock.

But when I try to start the phone, after the pin code it says:

"Configuration error. Please contact your network operator or service center"

Where is the error ??? what did I again wrong ?

Please help me, I begin to hate my se.

Try to flash again the custom pack using xs++.... maybe this time it should work... if it does'nt then try a new custom pack... maybe your copy is corrupted...

Last edited:

Swifty

Okay, im not that technical though im really just compiling information i've read here and on other sites... :)

<snip>

And i think thats it... Try it out and see if it works!
Sorry if i havent explained anything properly, i told you im not that good :rolleyes:

INCREDIBLE!
This works brilliantly - I can now use my contract Sim in this phone! :cool:

Thank you so much for posting up a guide, and thanks to all the clever people out there who make this type of thing possible!
;)

him1976

Mobile unlocking

Hi
I have a SE K550i locked in Orange. I want to unlock it. Is there any free application/way available to do this?

jmoncayo

Broken In
hey guys is there any patch/way to make the phonebook read from sim & phone at the same time? and is there any way to password protect the phone? you know like motorola s/w where you can lock certain apps or maybe nokia s/w when you lock the keypad you need a pass to unlock it... i am k550i@w610i CID51

OP
a_k_s_h_a_y

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
walsher ... to get rid of config error
just flashin cust pack .. looks like you forgot to flash a cust pack !! lol

this is not at all a big deal .. the config error !!

lets see if we can get hold of a k550i unlock patch .. then we can unlock k550i too !!

Italian language !!! you must use an FS which has Italian language !! also the cust pack for that FS ..!!!

CID51 patches .. i don't think the Russians will create .. sorry for the CID51 people !! i don't know how to create .. or else i would have helped

patches will keep coming from now on .. we just have to patch up .. like password protect .. !! etc

this page has got a unlock patch generator !! for all db2020 phones

*simox.5gbfree.com/site/news.php

download the unlock patch generator here ! this should work for all firmwares ! CID51 also
*simox.5gbfree.com/site/download.php?view.9

Nice to know that the w610i unlock patch is working !!

w610i thanks for the tutorial

Last edited:

walscher

You'r right it was not so difficult !!! :(
My mistake was that: instead of flashing the custom pack I used the "write script" button.
But, now I have a real nice, cool, with the right language and unlocked W610
and this thanks only to this forum !!!!!!!!!
You are all great!!!! ;)
Thanks a lot to akshay, hgetis, amxcs

OP
a_k_s_h_a_y

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
oh that's great .. finally your phone is working !! amazing !! now there is no stopping !! hv fun !!

an EROM Unlock done by TMS or a Shop Near you is a permanent unlock !! this patch unlock is a jump instruction

so guys every time you reflash Main firmware remember to patch unlock again !!

Last edited:

amxcs

Broken In
My collection of 40 Flash menus+Themes :D
*amxcs.headoff.com/folder_valery/se/Flash_menu_theme.rar

jmoncayo

Broken In
=( I hope somebody finds a way to unlock these new CID51 phones so we can enjoy the freedom or somebody teach us how to create patches for CID51 I would really enjoy password protection for my phone...

OP
a_k_s_h_a_y

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
CID 51 Patch is there !!
i don't have CID51 Firmwares now !!

But download this program !! and it will create a CID51 Patch !! and follow the tutorials posted by amxcs and w610i !! that setool can patch CID51 also because it says db2020 support !! so give it a try .. patching is just screwing the main !! if patching fails just a reflash of main fixes the phone !!
download from here
*simox.5gbfree.com/site/download.php?view.9

what makes this thread so popular?...gr8...!

i think its the tutorial !! the contributions made by the readers !! and the support !!

Last edited:

wickedestman

hi everyone... a_k_s_h_a_y might know me from se-nse. im just in here to say thanks for that EXCELLENT tutorial.. i guess the reason why its so famous is a result of the super job a_k_s_h_a_y did! lol i now see you jus wrote that response b4 me :p

anyway... its great to see many users modding there w610 and k550 as happy as ever..

BTW there are patches available for the latest f/w R8BA024. i hope soon we will be seeing advanced patches from our russian brothers namely, menu multi-tasking and password protection and others.

If anyone want help im here to help also ;) happy flashing.

P.S. does anyone else here use jdflasher?

gags987

Broken In
How 2

I dont want to flash either my firmware software or my main. I just wanted to change my acoustics driver to xa_ma_loud.
Does somebody know what do i require to do that and how to?

OP
a_k_s_h_a_y

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
you can ! its the same way as you do it in a k550i flashed to w610i
just don't flash main and fs ... rest everything is same !!

OP
a_k_s_h_a_y

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
yes k550i is selling !!
its the best 2mp slim cam phone with good music . also v.good interface and hell of features .. same as in other high end SE phones !

its also selling because of this thread ;) .... !! LOL !

Top Bottom