Tutorial: Flashing k550i to w610i !!

masterkeaton

Right off the assembly line
Hi..
thanks..
after coupe hours of searching finally i found this post and follow the instruction carefully..

i success flashed my K530i (Firmware R6BC002) to W660
that was the first time i ever flashed a phone by my self.. thanks God its works :p ...

I used:
W660_R8BB001_FS_APAC_RED52.fbn
W660_R8BB001_MAIN_GENERIC_FY_RED52.mbn
HB1-06_Gen_CDA102568_101_R8A_GENERIC_APAC

It works =D
.. but theres something missing.. like the text symbols are not complete as in K530i.. i know for some people this is not important, but anybody know why?

is there any difference between R8BB001 and R6BC002? because the phone act different 2 when i connect to myphoneexplorer..

i know this is k550 topic.. but maybe someone know where i can find k530i FS and MAIN? in case i want to re flash my phone?
sorry.. i think ill try SEUS first

thanks

Last edited:

Hgetis

Repositor
hello to everybody!!!

I hv been disappeared lately, i know but i am too busy with my studies and work!

Well, recently i had some problems with K550im's speaker.. NOT the loud speaker nor the handsfree.. Just the regular speaker... Some times I couldn't hear at all and some times there was only noise... I just used handsfree kit to use my phone...

Why I'm telling these? Coz i thought that it was a hardware malfunction and as i still have warranty i went to SE's servive...

Of course i reflashed my phone back to K550im first. Today I got it back and that technician at SE's labs told me that there was some software problem which caused the speaker not to be recognized correctly, therefore i had no sound!

Is there any possibility having trouble with W880 acoustics at my K550im??
Is there anyone else had the same problem?

I'm really concerned about that... I am open to any suggestions!

astroe9

will this flahing work on windows vista home premium becuz u sed u need windows xp servie pack 2

OP
a_k_s_h_a_y

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
hkr use setool 2 lite if phone is CID51

bboyshade .. delete all skins and reflash all skins using FAR MANGER

santu repost question .. i did not understood ... i don't think anyone understood

walscher
it might work because setool 2 patching is free.. but i heard it requires dongle !!!
i will see into it next week .. since setool 2 is paid tool i don't know about it

amxcs
that's great ! patching for w610
but how to apply those patches does xs++ support patching ?? its been long time since i last visited sense !

setool 2 does .. but is that free ???

its really great to have patching for db2020 !!!

hgetis !
no problem for me with speaker

if speaker or some speaker hardware is damaged then bad
or may be even the speaker connecting circuit !
did you not get a replacement ??
is that problem of yours fixed or not ??

i saw that now there is setool 2 lite 1.1 and that supports free patching
and patches are availble.. on russion forums
we can apply patches !! with it !!

have to read about that quick access ... !! or else it will take lots of time to patch !!

Last edited:

Hgetis

Repositor
akshay, the technician at SE's service told me that there was NO hardware malfunction, but there was a software one... He told me that in some way the earphone was not recognized by the software of the phone therefore it didn't work or it worked sometimes with plenty of noise!
He applied some kind of a patch as he said and problem fixed!! But now I'm back to K550im and that is not what I want...

I will flash again my K550im to W610i (both main, fs) but i'm really worried about the acoustics... There was some kind of a conflict and earphone wasn't working...

That patches at russian what bugs solve? Do we use W610 patches or K550i ones?

ajib46

hey akshay just gimme some guide...

1. If i flash my phone with w610 main and k550 FS, will my camera shutter
active?
2. Is there any latest cam driver for my k550 flashed phone instead of chris 2.4?

amxcs

Broken In
walscher it might work because setool 2 patching is free.. but i heard it requires dongle !!!
i will see into it next week .. since setool 2 is paid tool i don't know about it

amxcs
that's great ! patching for w610
but how to apply those patches does xs++ support patching ?? its been long time since i last visited sense !

setool 2 does .. but is that free ???

its really great to have patching for db2020 !!!

hgetis !
no problem for me with speaker

i saw that now there is setool 2 lite 1.1 and that supports free patching
and patches are availble.. on russion forums
we can apply patches !! with it !!

have to read about that quick access ... !! or else it will take lots of time to patch !!

Video tutorial, how to apply the "quick acess patch" in db2020 cid 52 phones
*www.4shared.com/file/33723959/909.....Planet_com.html
video tutorial, once quick access patch are installed, you can apply patches just with write script
*www.4shared.com/file/33727881/a54.....ick_access.html

-------

I extract FS with SEFStool4.7 and main2raw.rar :D:D:D - *topse.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=113

EDIT: Download SETool2lite v1.11 - *topse.ru/files/file5342.html

Last edited:
OP
a_k_s_h_a_y

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
wow amxcs cool man .. !! keep the good work up ..!

i will add that to this tutorial soon
i will put in front page and link it back to you .. !! or else i will do it later next week !
may be you should discuss about patches here ! and write tutorials
hv to start patching !!

Last edited:

walscher

Hi akshay, thanks for the answer.
Do you know where I can find a patch (.vkp) to Remove the sim-lock for my w610. (yes it is a w610, not a K550 it just was a mistake).
Thanks a lot.
By the way setool2 version 1.11 is for free.

amxcs

Broken In
Try this:
Code:
[COLOR=green];w610-R6BC002
[/COLOR][COLOR=green];Clear SP-Lock
[/COLOR][COLOR=green];Remove SP-Lock
[/COLOR][COLOR=green];(c) IronMaster
[/COLOR][COLOR=green];(p) sunfire7 
[/COLOR][COLOR=blue]+44140000
[/COLOR][COLOR=blue]4ee75c: 30B5041C00231A1C111C1C2094F4 F0B505213A229BF44DFD0020F0BD[/COLOR]

OP
a_k_s_h_a_y

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
hmm its a w610i and you don't know what it is ??

well amxcs has given a patch for w610i firmware .. it will work on a w610i firmware in any phone .. be it k550 or w610
so use it ! and unlock away .. !!

and its for R6BC002 Firmware .. so make sure yours is a w610i R6BC002 Main Firmware !!

hgetis we use w610i patches coz its a w610i firmware

btw did your speaker problem resolve ?? i always used w880 acoustics
never used any loud acoustics .. coz i hate loud stuff !!

is it that those loud acoustics were heavy on the speaker ??

yes Setool 2 1.1 patching is free .. that's cool !! i checked out on se-nse setool thread

Last edited:

lhwjud1

Hei I'm newbie here. Would someone show me how to check my K550i@W610i driver's version? I need to know which driver I had in the phone (camera etc) before I update it.

I used W610i main and K550 FS in this phone. Many thanks!

inemes

Hei I'm newbie here. Would someone show me how to check my K550i@W610i driver's version? I need to know which driver I had in the phone (camera etc) before I update it.

I used W610i main and K550 FS in this phone. Many thanks!
lhwjud1,
u can check all settings just by pressing this for SESM (Sony Ericsson Secret Menu): "-> * <- <- * <- *" or to be more precise, press (in standby mode) on ur phone next thing: "right" (on ur keypad) then "*" then "left" again "left" then "*" then "left" and when u press "*" at the end phone will automaticaly enter in SESM. U will found out in "Service info" all the info's u need.

lhwjud1

lhwjud1,
u can check all settings just by pressing this for SESM (Sony Ericsson Secret Menu): "-> * <- <- * <- *" or to be more precise, press (in standby mode) on ur phone next thing: "right" (on ur keypad) then "*" then "left" again "left" then "*" then "left" and when u press "*" at the end phone will automaticaly enter in SESM. U will found out in "Service info" all the info's u need.

Thanks inemes. I've just install Camdriver (Number1 2.93) and acoustics driver (w880) according to the front page info. Though, the acoustics info is not in the secret menu, am I right? How can we tell if the phone is installed with a particular version of acoustics driver?

w610iw610iw610i

hi
i need to unlock my k550i--->w610i but im having problems patching if anyone can help? :)

I've downloaded SEtool2lite 1.11, i have downloaded the quick access patch, i have all firmware tools, and i am following the tutorials that were posted on this thread.

I have already flashed my phone using xs to w610i with no problems and added the w880i acoustic files.

SEtool2 wont let me read gdfs or write the patches.
My phone is identified by SEtool when i click the 'identify' button but then when i press 'read gdfs' it doesnt work.. The blue progress bar along the bottom just keeps going up, and when it reaches the top it starts again. This just keeps happening until i disconnect my phone :confused: i dont get any errors or anything.

Can anyone lend any help, Please! :D

also this is unrelated.. but does anyone know for sure if the w880i acoustic files actually have better sound? I didnt get a chance to play around much with the original w610i sound but when i use the w880i acoustic files there is a lot of hiss. The sound itself is quite good but when i compare it to my z710i sound (which isnt even walkman) the sound is just as good. I just expected to be better than my non-walkman phone!

Swifty

Hi all,

Thanks for the great thread and great tutorial!
I'm trying to remove the simlock from my SE K550i... can anyone explain how to do this, or if its even possible using just the USB cable that comes with the phone - if there is a free method even better!!

By the way, the phone will (hopefully) be using the w610i firmware in around 20 minutes if that makes a difference for unlocking ? :confused:

Many Thanks!

Last edited:

Hgetis

Repositor
hgetis we use w610i patches coz its a w610i firmware

btw did your speaker problem resolve ?? i always used w880 acoustics
never used any loud acoustics .. coz i hate loud stuff !!

is it that those loud acoustics were heavy on the speaker ??
akshay my friend my greetings!
w610i patches... right... i thought so! I asked just to be sure!

my speaker problem resolved by upgrading something in phone's fw.. i don't know excactly what coz the technician at SE's service didn't tell me... He just said that fw wasn't recognizing my speaker and that there was NO hardware malfunction!

I think that i had ma_loud acoustics... Maybe sth went wrong with that stuff, certainly not with hardware... I'll try W880 acoustics next time.. who knows...!

w610iw610iw610i

oops forget my previous post i just forgot to remove my battery and press C :rolleyes:

my k550i is now a W610i. Its unlocked, unbranded and im using the w880 sound files :mrgreen:

makes for one hell of a phone
thank you so much for the tutorial ;)

walscher

THANKS TO amxcs for the patch !!!!!!
Now my w610 is unlocked !!!!!
But I am still not able to do what I want .....
I just wanted to add the italian language to my k550i.
So I first updated it to cid 52 and then flashed it up to a w610.
Then I learned my phone had a sim lock, ok with the setool2 it was not a problem (again thanks to amxcs for the patch) and today the last one the phone tells me:
"Configuration error. Please contact your network operator or service center"
What did I wrong???
I used only setool
1. Flashed main (W610_R6BC002_MAIN_GENERIC_NA_RED52.mbn) togheter with the files for the .vkp access (quick_access_W610_R6BC002.vkp)
2. Flashed the FS that supports the italian language (W610_R6BC002_FS_EUROPE_5_RED52.fbn)
3. Added (with write script) the costum pack for the italian language (W610i_HB1-06_Gen_CDA102568_14_R8A_GENERIC_EUROPE_5.zip)
4. Added (with write script) the patch for the sim lock.
But when I try to start the phone, after the pin code it says:
"Configuration error. Please contact your network operator or service center"
Where is the error ??? what did I again wrong ?
Please help me, I begin to hate my se.

Top Bottom