Tutorial: Flashing k550i to w610i !!

semaj

Broken In
Yes Kelace is right... use xs++2.2 or 3.0, then follow the tut on the first post...

Ok guys, I just revert my k550 from w610 firmware back to the original k550... the only problem I had was the Video thumbnail preview... its not working anymore!!! Any Ideas? anyone out there with the stock k550 firmware had this working even after flashing with SEUS?

Last edited:

kelace

Broken In
semaj said:
Ok guys, I just revert my k550 from w610 firmware back to the original k550... the only problem I had was the Video thumbnail preview... its not working anymore!!! Any Ideas? anyone out there with the stock k550 firmware had this working even after flashing with SEUS?

Well i think if i remember correctly i used 2 get thumbnail preview for my videos even with my k550i FS and MAIN ... Even after flashing to w610i FS and MAIN ... that option is still there ..

I think it is common in both k550i and w610 firmwares ... if i remember correctly ...

Guys modded version of w880i acoustics !!!!! by esato's peter

yet another acoustic pack for the .zapf phones ....

I tested it liked it .....

>>good sound without any hiss
>>good bass and treble
>>pretty good call volume
>>loud speaker volume is good and clear

The volume levels are a bit high .... so better watch ur ears .... don't take the volume levels above 12 ..... it could damage ur ears .....

Mega-Bass effect is felt even using manual eq settings !!!

here's the link

*www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=156540&start=0

or

*www.esnips.com/web/kelvinralph-mobilestuff/

Last edited:

semaj

Broken In
@kelace,

what I mean is that the video is playing without sound when you select the the video before even pressing the "View" option.... if this is working for you... can you please tell me how to enable this? I think the command is included in the custumize.xml... or can you tell me which FS and custom pack you used with this option....

kelace

Broken In
semaj said:
@kelace,

what I mean is that the video is playing without sound when you select the the video before even pressing the "View" option.... if this is working for you...
Well i did'nt notice that ..... Now with my modded k550i with w610i FS + MAIN, the video isn't playing ....

I remember it used 2 play without sound ... in my old k550i :rolleyes:

U r right semaj .. right now don't know which file has the settings .....:eek:

i think the FS has the settings for it ....

semaj

Broken In
yup... I told you...

anyway I hope someone still has it and share to us the settings.. i really like to have that feature... I am thinking it is in the custom pack... or maybe in the menu.ml or some other xml file...

Just a request guys! if you still had this working for you please save all your xml files in the FS and i will study it... also include the customize.xml....

Guys anyone of you there has the new firmware for k550 & W610:
K550_R8BA024_MAIN_GENERIC_LI_RED52
W610_R8BA024_MAIN_GENERIC_NA_RED52

@hgetis do you have the file already?

Last edited:

50pounds

Broken In
guess what i fixed my phone guess i got the right cable after all :D :D thanks alot got me self a nice new w610i hehehe :D now to cus it :D

semaj

Broken In
50pounds said:
guess what i fixed my phone guess i got the right cable after all :D :D thanks alot got me self a nice new w610i hehehe :D now to cus it :D

What cable did you use? how did you fix it?

serg123

Right off the assembly line
Hi! can someone please provide me with the latest customization pack, as i already have downloaded R8BA024 main firmware and FS and i just now need a cust pack so i can flash my phone! i live in UK btw. thnx!

semaj

Broken In
serg123 said:
Hi! can someone please provide me with the latest customization pack, as i already have downloaded R8BA024 main firmware and FS and i just now need a cust pack so i can flash my phone! i live in UK btw. thnx!

You can download here from Hgetis collection:

*www.4shared.com/dir/4145537/52d28f4c/CellPhones.html

This might not be the latest but it will work, it is also generic.

Also can you upload or share this file to us? where did you download it? you can talk to hgetis so he can add this to his collection...

serg123

this is where i got the main :wink: *rapidshare.com/files/66342972/W610_R8BA024_MAIN_GENERIC_NA_RED52.rar.html

semaj

Broken In
serg123 said:
this is where i got the main :wink: *rapidshare.com/files/66342972/W610_R8BA024_MAIN_GENERIC_NA_RED52.rar.html

COOL! thanks for sharing! How about the FS? hehe... is it to much? i hope not!...

Hey Guys!! heres the new firmware!... thanks to him...

OP
a_k_s_h_a_y

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
about customization pack.. you can use any db2020 customization pack
basically you type out a cust pack in MS WORD and save as xml and use it.. lol

so cust pack is just a XML file with some settings information
so cust packs can't have updates and makes no sense for updates

i am already using R8BA024 MAIN and FS

But i have CENT EUROPE FS !

And since i use English i have no problems with that FS
ppl who want Their language can't get their FS... !

I will upload Latest CENT EUROPE FS after some time...!

or you can download FS from this Russian site

*www.topse.ru/

i hv internals now again.... so got to study that..!

serg123

yeah, as Akshay said, you can get the FS here: *topse.ru/files/cat315.html
but they ask you for a registration first.

anyway guys i just flashed my phone and everything went good! the only problem is that i still have sony ericcson links all over my phone! In XS++ 3.1 before customizing i checked the box that said "dont upload wap links" or something like that but i still have them. im on O2 and my phone is locked to that network, if that could be the problem...

OP
a_k_s_h_a_y

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
serg123 said:
yeah, as Akshay said, you can get the FS here: *topse.ru/files/cat315.html
but they ask you for a registration first.

anyway guys i just flashed my phone and everything went good! the only problem is that i still have sony ericcson links all over my phone! In XS++ 3.1 before customizing i checked the box that said "dont upload wap links" or something like that but i still have them. im on O2 and my phone is locked to that network, if that could be the problem...
registration is easy.. just register.. u won't have to verify the account
so u can put any random email id and register ! lol !!!!!

u can use google translate for tranlsation of words and stff

actually that checking of don't upload SE wap links does not work
so instead delete all itm files from cust pack

50pounds

Broken In
semaj said:
What cable did you use? how did you fix it?

hehe this is what i did

first i opened setool lite v2 then i connected my cable which is is this1
(*www.mobilefun.co.uk/product/8609.htm)

then i made it write my GDFS back up which it did 100%

then i flashed the phone with to files k550i main and FS

then i swicthed it on it came on and said insert correct sim! :p

so then i downloaded total mulit server and got my self some logs to unlocked the phone (full phone unlock 10logs) then i used my new cable i got and it unlocked the phone now im fully happy with it works well with my o2 sim just dont fancy swicthin flash files as it might lock it again hehe :S

but thats how i did it :D

OP
a_k_s_h_a_y

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
hey 50pounds you made a mistake man

you should have flashed it with w610i main and FS and then unlocked it with TMS

that way you would have had w610i... forever.. since you would not flash it again

50pounds

Broken In
a_k_s_h_a_y said:
hey 50pounds you made a mistake man

you should have flashed it with w610i main and FS and then unlocked it with TMS

that way you would have had w610i... forever.. since you would not flash it again

i flashed it with the w610i main and fs now and its still unlocked :D:D buzzin or what well ive done what i needed to do :) ill write up a tut for people on my website and how to fix dead phones :D :D

my webby *homepage.ntlworld.com/dazza193 will be online soon just work dragin me down @ the mo

OP
a_k_s_h_a_y

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
^^ that's great news 50pounds

so this time the unlock happened in the EROM ??
coz last time it was patch unlocked..!!

good.. congratulations !

semaj

Broken In
@ aks..

my freind has a w200 with db2010 cid52 R4GB001... can I do the menu.ml trick to change icons? by the way does XS++ support w200?

divasmmm

Finally flashed my k550i to w610i
Now i have W610 MAIN+ W610 FS + W880 ACOUSTICS.

Thanks for the great tutorial AKSHAY...hatsoFF

il post pics taken before and after flashing soon.....

Top Bottom