Tutorial: Flashing k550i to w610i !!

kristaps194

Broken In
a_k_s_h_a_y said:
Try To Update Using SEUS ..

Download SEUS using this link!
*www.sonyericsson.com/downloads/Update_Service_Setup-2.7.6.8-1.exe

if it does not work don't worry i will find another solution..!

BALTIC FS has Latvian language..!! we have that FS also Baltic Cust pack..
don't worry.. its there in Hgetis Collection !!

please give me some time.. am busy with college till wednesday and thrusday..!

I try with SEUS too but that say the same what WAP.
And i find Baltic custpack and FS. Do i need flash with both? And do i need take W610i custpack and FS to flash to W610i? If i'm thinking wright then that's what i'm need to do!

Thankyou _a_s_h_k_a_y_! You're good guy and i don't run ;)!

OP
a_k_s_h_a_y

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
yes cool.. until instructions don't do anything with XS++ .. just hold and wait..

keep fingers crossed...! hope you are lucky and u can upgrade to CID52

Hgetis

Repositor
aloha!

well guys unfortunatelly I cannot upload more FSes for now due to reasons that i cannot explain in the forum! I will try again a few days later I hope!!

I ve already uploaded enough stuff to help many people! If there is s.o. who cannot find what he wants just send me a PM to keep it in mind and see what I can do for him/her!

Akshay, u know why is that!!

Cheers!

PS:
I've added a link to XS++ v2.2 and to some jar files -apps & games- [need pass for that!]! Check here!

fitz

Right off the assembly line
Im using k320i.. can i i change the sound driver to acoustic like this K550I? OR this phone cant be moded?

OP
a_k_s_h_a_y

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
fitz said:
Im using k320i.. can i i change the sound driver to acoustic like this K550I? OR this phone cant be moded?

yes it can be modded...
first update using SEUS..! because CID52 modding is always better..

then i think you can flash it to w200i but u might loose bluetooth..
and phone might crash some times.. well if wait then we can find more about this and then see what can be done...!!

and more over i don't think u can use zapf for this k320...
its db2010 so i think you must use apf

now am busy for 2-3 days.. u goto se-nse and post there your query..
some one will help u.. i will also see it soon ...

semaj

Broken In
@ Hgetis

you can add this to your collection...
*www.iprotebe.cz/download/W610_R6BC002_FS_APAC_RED52.rar.html

stinger05

akshay: I'm having a trouble in running the edited theme, in flash menu. the theme is working fine but the flash menu isn't running... any further advised?

girishvkrai

many thnx to akshy & all uploaders . .. :p:)
i now have flashed my phone & everything is working flawlessly . :)

just 1 more thing..

is there a way to delete unwanted files from the phone fs ? . . like if we uploaded some flash files & dont want it anymore..how to delete it ? :)

thnx in advance

OP
a_k_s_h_a_y

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
girishvkrai said:
many thnx to akshy & all uploaders . .. :p:)
i now have flashed my phone & everything is working flawlessly . :)

just 1 more thing..

is there a way to delete unwanted files from the phone fs ? . . like if we uploaded some flash files & dont want it anymore..how to delete it ? :)

thnx in advance
yes.... there are two ways..

you can use FSX to delete files
or u can use FAR manager ..

a tutorial on how to use FAR Manger is going to come... hopefully by 3 days..!

now i am free for next week.. you can expect hell lots of updates !!!!!!
and more flashing tutorials for other phones..!

kristaps194 said:
I try with SEUS too but that say the same what WAP.
And i find Baltic custpack and FS. Do i need flash with both? And do i need take W610i custpack and FS to flash to W610i? If i'm thinking wright then that's what i'm need to do!

Thankyou _a_s_h_k_a_y_! You're good guy and i don't run ;)!

Download woton client and update your phone CID !!

updating EROM is free with woton.. !!!!!!

using XS++ 2.2 u can do it..! but i don't know how because my phone is already CID 52

Last edited:

Hgetis

Repositor
semaj said:
@ Hgetis

you can add this to your collection...
*www.iprotebe.cz/download/W610_R6BC002_FS_APAC_RED52.rar.html
thanks my friend!

I added that one too! ;)

Of course I upload it, in my 4shared account coz anyone who wants it, hasn't to register there as he must do at iprotebe.cz! of course is the same file!

check my post!

Last edited:

girishvkrai

i hope u are not reffering to upload blank files to the file . . . somthing more perhaps ? .. :)

& yup . .. a good tutorial for FAR management would be appreciated.

& also in this tutorial u could mention what the FS , MS packs full form are & what happens... i know abt this...i'm sure many new people would be willing to know more . :)
cheers!

OP
a_k_s_h_a_y

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
thanks hgetis..!

new updates coming today

i have added how to use far manager on post 21

and then now on with new acoustics..

girishvkrai said:
i hope u are not reffering to upload blank files to the file . . . somthing more perhaps ? .. :)

& yup . .. a good tutorial for FAR management would be appreciated.

& also in this tutorial u could mention what the FS , MS packs full form are & what happens... i know abt this...i'm sure many new people would be willing to know more . :)
cheers!

Consider it done
i will post it on some other post .. but not on 1
its growing too long

Last edited:

Hgetis

Repositor
girishvkrai said:

sorry but is this question goes to me? :) coz i couldn't understand what u mean!.. :confused:

girishvkrai

Hgetis said:
sorry but is this question goes to me? :) coz i couldn't understand what u mean!.. :confused:

oh no..this was directed towards aks/ :)

what i meant was .. in various forums i saw people uploading blank files to their phones to overwrite the older files , which gives almost the same effect as deleting .. cause blank files occupy hardly any space.
But technically speaking that is a bad routine...if i come across any such people i personally LOL over them..:p:D

& whats the use of GDFS ? .. i backed it up .. will i ever use it ? :D

Last edited:

luchokun

Hi guys!
Thanx akshay! I've flashed my k550 to w610! though I did it with setool, but your tutorial was of much help (I read it like four times before deciding to do it ^^'). All went right, i was so nervous at the begining! xD

@girishvkrai: I think in case that something goes wrong in the flashing, the only way to revive your phone is with that back up, so save it with your life (?) xD*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/member.php?u=31382

I have a few questions:
can I use SEUS to update my phone now that i've flashed it to w610?
what will happen if i restore the gdfs i backed up before flashing?

does anyone know what the brand cybershot means with k550? is because the soft of k550 is optimized for photos? or may be the camera is phisically better than that of the w610?

thanks!

oh, yes, i'm from argentina and used a w610's main and fs that are cid51 i found in another forum ^^

Last edited:

fitz

thanks bro..i already try da driver..its fine..wanna ask another thing,i.e ,can i flash to z530i? and which phone can i flashed to?

OP
a_k_s_h_a_y

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
joost206 said:
your esato images in post 21 are hotlinking deniet try uploading them somewhere else

yes fixing it.... yesterday i got disconnected ... so could not fix it

luchokun said:
Hi guys!
Thanx akshay! I've flashed my k550 to w610! though I did it with setool, but your tutorial was of much help (I read it like four times before deciding to do it ^^'). All went right, i was so nervous at the begining! xD

@girishvkrai: I think in case that something goes wrong in the flashing, the only way to revive your phone is with that back up, so save it with your life (?) xD

I have a few questions:
can I use SEUS to update my phone now that i've flashed it to w610?
what will happen if i restore the gdfs i backed up before flashing?

does anyone know what the brand cybershot means with k550? is because the soft of k550 is optimized for photos? or may be the camera is phisically better than that of the w610?

thanks!

oh, yes, i'm from argentina and used a w610's main and fs that are cid51 i found in another forum ^^

You can now use SEUS to update your phone.. no problem..!
SEUS will decide phone name on IMEI.. so it detects your phone as k550i
and will flash the latest k550i main in..

it will leave the FS untouched

and i want to know how you flashed your CID 51 phone
please tell me.. i don't know if CID51 flashing on SeTool 2 lite works well.. that's why...

then it will become CID52 phone
then flash with a w610i Main and w610i FS

fitz said:
thanks bro..i already try da driver..its fine..wanna ask another thing,i.e ,can i flash to z530i? and which phone can i flashed to?

z530i can't be flashed. .it can be customized..

its got a different display all together... dats why..

stinger05 said:
akshay: I'm having a trouble in running the edited theme, in flash menu. the theme is working fine but the flash menu isn't running... any further advised?

that happens if that theme is not coupled to a flash menu
you must couple a flash menu and theme to work properly

google 7zip and tugzip and download them

download instructions here 1.12 MB download

u add it to tar achieve only using tugzip.....

google search and download tugzip and 7zip ...

Last edited:

10ego

Hi All,

My name is Diego. I bought of ebay a debranded unlock w610i. I read. read and read and I modded the cell only by uploading a few flash themes.

Now the problem I have is that I do not have a Spanish writing Language nor T9. I think the firmware is a singapore one.
Since I do not want to flash. (there is no point, cell is already debranded)

I download _W610_R6BC002_FS_AMERICA_2_RED52.raw and got the T9 and Spanish Language.

The problem that I have now is. How do I go by editing the XML file that is already in the phone?
I do not want to loose english as a writing language and I dont care much about the other ones either, but that wouldnt be the safest? instead of creating your own xml?

Regards,

Diego

Top Bottom