Tuto: Easily Install Beryl in Debain Based systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

vish786

"The Gentleman"
This is an self installing script which will install Nvidia or Ati drivers along with Beryll in the Debian Gnu/linux Testing system (it will work for ubuntu also as ubuntu is based on Debain) and this script is strictly only for users who have NVIDIA OR ATI GRAPHICS CARDS and rest are kicked out. :D

Download the script from,
Source:

*linux.softpedia.com/progDownload/Beryl-on-Debian-GNU-Linux-Testing-Download-23740.html

after download Open Terminal and login as "root" type
sh beryl-debian.sh
and relax. Beryll is installed.
Dont try to execute this script on Non-Debain based Linux it will not work.

Little info i got from Source as people are lazy enough to read articles nowadays.

Read the source once before installing.
Source: *linux.softpedia.com/get/Desktop-Environment/Tools/Beryl-on-Debian-GNU-Linux-Testing-23740.shtml

*www.imagehosting.com/out.php/i767643_unti.jpg

*www.imagehosting.com/out.php/i767628_BerylonDebianGNULinuxTesting1.jpg

@praka123, if you find any mistake in this little piece of work.... please do inform me;)

Last edited:
OP
vish786

vish786

"The Gentleman"
Kenshin said:
it will work on mint na??

mint is based on ubuntu... that is what i found so it should almost work.... give it a try... nothing will happen to ur system.

praka123

left this forum longback
Beryl in Debain Based systems

nice if that worked congrats yaar;):D.it says is for Debian Lenny(testing).
Debian is one of the oldest distros.its package management method is by far much better than many other distros.it uses apt and dpkg unlike rpms in redhat based distros.so basically three types of distros are there:Debian based(Ubuntu,Mepis,dsl,mint,linspire,freespire etc),Redhat based(fedora,mandriva,pclinuxos etc) and source based(Gentoo,slackware etc)

I am using Debian Sid apt-pinned which contains all NVIDIA drivers and the way to get it working.(actually Debian version of NVIDIA drivers are updated than Ubuntu Feisty one).
For Beryl(now no development afaik),there is repos from shame and beryl project itself.
waiting for new Compiz-extra to be launched as beryl seems defunct.
Debian can have bleeding edge packages too.
I felt Debian Sid GNOME is better for me than Ubuntu one.
For Kde, there is separate Debian team to build and maintain.
Debian Wiki:
*wiki.debian.org

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom