Turbo C 3 Not running...

askyashu

Right off the assembly line
I Am using XP SP2 and windows 7 on my PC. I am primarily using windows 7 for all of my tasks but as Turbo C 3 does not run in full screen in windows 7 so i have installed XP too and so i m dual booting. But when i tried to install Turbo C 3 in XP it refused to run on it. When i opened TC.exe it only showed a black screen and closed it in a sec.
But when i opened TC.exe from cmd it opened but no program was working in it as it didnt opened any of the files like iostream, conio etc.
Please Help Me, I am in strict need of Help.
My PC config. are: (COPIED FROM DxDiag :razz:)
Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5300 @ 2.60GHz (2 CPUs)~2.6GHz
Memory: 2048MB RAM
DISPLAY:
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT
Display Memory: 1779 MB
Dedicated Memory: 1011 MB
Shared Memory: 767 MB

I am new to this forum so i didnt new where to put this thread. If this is the wrong place for this. Then please tell me and forgive me.
Thanks..
Hope To Get A Reply Soon..

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Please do not use Turbo C or C++. It is deprecated, old, and is not a standard compiler. Use something better like Eclipse + GCC or Visual C++ Express.

OP
A

askyashu

Please do not use Turbo C or C++. It is deprecated, old, and is not a standard compiler. Use something better like Eclipse + GCC or Visual C++ Express.

Well i cant do tht at least for now as i m in 12th class and i need Turbo C only... :cry:

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
+1. MinGW (GCC for Windows) + Geany is a good combination for learning.

Well i cant do tht at least for now as i m in 12th class and i need Turbo C only... :cry:
Yeah Indian Education System in CS is complete BS.
However apart from the projects/assignments you make, you can easily use the current compilers for practicing C/C++.
In any case, You can easily use DOSBOX to run Turbo C++.

OP
A

askyashu

try to run through compatibility wizard.

+1. MinGW (GCC for Windows) + Geany is a good combination for learning.

Yeah Indian Education System in CS is complete BS.
However apart from the projects/assignments you make, you can easily use the current compilers for practicing C/C++.
In any case, You can easily use DOSBOX to run Turbo C++.

Yeah i was using TC 4.5 for my usual practicing. But tht too doesnt support graphics as i guess. though i dont use thm too.. :p
But now as its the time for the projects and practical files, i need TC 3...
Well i m a newbie to this so it would be real better if you could give a short explanation about DOSBOX. Rest ill google it. But just give me a quick guide.. :p
Thaanks..

Neuron

Electronic.
1.Download TC++ 3[*usfiles.brothersoft.com/development/c_c/tc3.zip]

2.Extract the file and run the 'install.exe'.
When you see the directory selection screen, press enter while the directories text is highlighted.Select the Turbo c++ directory as d:\tc, [replace d: with any other drive letter other than c: if you want].Also select the binary files subdirectory as d:\tc.Leave the rest of fields.Press esc and select start installation

3.After the installation open the installation directory [d:].Make a folder named turboc and cut and paste the folder named tc into this turboc folder

4.right click on the desktop select new-->shortcut

i)type the location of the item as "x:\Program Files\DOSBox-0.74\DOSBox.exe" -c "mount d d:\turboc" -c d: -c "tc\tc" [replace 'x:\Program Files\DOSBox-0.74\DOSBox.exe' by the actual installation path of dosbox]

ii)click next, enter a name for the shortcut and click finish

iii)Open this newly created shortcut to run turbo c

Note that running turbo c in dosbox produces undesired output for certain programs.

Top Bottom