[tuorial] Multiple Choice question quiz/test using javascript

Status
Not open for further replies.

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
Source: written it myself :D
Here is my script to make make a multiple choice question(MCQ) test.

Basic script as provided here has:
  1. 5 multiple choice questions
  2. Disallows changing of answers once marked
  3. Scores every correct answer as 1 mark and incorrect or unattempted answer as Zero(0)
  4. Can show the total score at end of test
Additional Features that you can add to the script are:
  1. Make unlimited questions
  2. Can have negative scoring for incorrect answers
  3. Can have relative scoring in between options(eg: 1 mark for option A and 3 marks for Option D.)
  4. Can have a effect of 'darkening' the circle once marked(using the image swapping property)
  5. Can have a timer show and set actions
  6. Send the answers marked by the candidate via email to the paper setter for analysis of score(though this cannot be done by javascript alone)
  7. And Many more as per your needs
To see the script in action and see the source, plz visit www.javascript.biologyformhtcet.com

Last edited:
V

vaibhavtek

If it is created by you then good other gives the :arrow: source.
If you created yourself that means you are good in javascript lang if not then give the source.

Hope you yourself created it.

Keep posting buddy.. :cool:

OP
victor_rambo

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
vaibhavtek said:
If it is created by you then good other gives the :arrow: source.
If you created yourself that means you are good in javascript lang if not then give the source.

Hope you yourself created it.

Keep posting buddy.. :cool:

I have created it myself.

I have created a much better version for myself at *www.biologyformhtcet.com/instructions.html Click on the link 'Solve the bio Challenge' and see the enhancements urself.

Here I have just posted the basic version so that somebody new who wants to try this script should not have a headache after seeing the source :D

and yes, I am trying to write another enhancment script for providing a detailed report card- at the end of test. Will post that after its done!
The detailed report card will show the answer marked by the student, the actual correct answer and total no. of unattempted questions if any.The first part is over but second part is driving me knuts

and btw, do u know how to toggle elments WITHOUT using IF---ELSE---- statements in javascript ? :D wait, I will post that too...........just made it yesterday night!

gaurav_indian

CG Artist
Good work rohan bhaiya.Yaar tum toh javascript ke scientist ho roj hi kuch na kuch invent karte rehte ho.:D

OP
victor_rambo

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
NucleusKore said:
Very nice Rohan, keep it coming

Thanks for the encouragement.:)

gaurav_indian said:
Good work rohan bhaiya.Yaar tum toh javascript ke scientist ho roj hi kuch na kuch invent karte rehte ho.:D
Thank you Gaurav bhai......I am working right now on enhancing this script. Will post the enhacements soon.They are almost done!

Last edited:

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
@rohan: please attach the file instead of hosting it somewhere else. The site you have uploaded requires us to register ... etc etc..

OP
victor_rambo

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
Charan said:
@rohan: please attach the file instead of hosting it somewhere else. The site you have uploaded requires us to register ... etc etc..

oops I want not knowing that.
Thank you for pointing out that.

See I just registered for free web space and subdomian at bravenet.com.
i will put all my script sources there and you can see them in action there itself.

Please bear with me for this inconvenience for one day. Tomorrow,I will have moved it to bravehost.

Thank you.

Charan said:

Ok, see now I have moved my scriptd from blogspot and medifire to www.javascript.biologyformhtcet.com. you ca see the script in action as well as see the source :)

FYI, biologyformhtcet.com is my own site. I used its subdomain because free hosting offers(as I had said earlier) wud cripple my site with advts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.