trojan in windows xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashwin_ka

Broken In
I got windows xp home installed on my laptop. yesterday evening when i booted up the system,i got a warning saying a trojan has been found in the system.its a trojan named New Malware.j.its present in the following location,
C:\Windows\System32\N5619\smss.exe:mad:
i tried removing the folder manually but it comes back again when i restart.i am using mcafee home edition 2006.i tried removing it with that and also with spybot-search and destroy but of no use.:-(
Can anyone let me know if its dangerous and what should i do to get rid of it.it starts up everytime along with the os.help will be greatly appreciated. thanks a lot..:p

Last edited:

qq2113

Right off the assembly line
Anti-Trojan Shield is an advanced, highly effective blocker of Trojans, worms, viruses, backdoors, malicious ActiveX controls, and Java applets. It efficiently scans, detects, and removes malicious files, while maintaining an exceptional level of personal privacy and security.
*www.tomdownload.com/utilities/antivirus/anti_trojan_shield.htm
*www.tomdownload.com/hot_antivirus_software.htm

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
First of all, search for that file using windows search and make sure you search even hidden and system folder. delete each instance of that file.

Using MsConfig or the freewares available, check the applications running on start up. remove any suspicious item. For one boot, disable nearly all the non imp startup entries.

Boot into safe mode and delete every instance of that file. Even delete it from C:\Windows\System32\Dllcache

McAfee is not recommended if you want to keep your system safe. Even one of my friends had Mcafee but her system got infected with viruses. Was pretty difficult disinfecting it.

First off all, i removed Mcafee from her computer and installed Nod32. Righ on the first reboot, it gave me a message that the system is infected and cannot start properly unless you disinfect the system with that item. i would recommend yo do the same.

You should also once Scan you system using the various web scanners. here are a few of them

safety.live.com
www.pandasoftware.com

Nearly every Anti Virus comp. has an online scanner.

Then download Windows Defender and keep it installed on you system. It is a neccessity. Also download and scan you system using AdAware personal edition.

Ewido has a very nice online scanner. Scan you system using that too.

www.ewido.net

After doing all this, clean your system once using CCleaner with every option ticked and also clean the registry.

Do all this and report to us what happens.

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
Remove IT Pro (Freeware\Trial)

*www.incodesolutions.com/removeit.php
*www.softpedia.com/get/Antivirus/RemoveIT-Pro.shtml

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
If u have Mcaffe's install CD/DVD, download avast, register it for free and try scanning and removing with avast! I think this should work. You believe it or not, avast! home has removed 20 viruses, 40 Trojans and 1 Ad-ware from my computer permanently.

OP
A

ashwin_ka

Broken In
hey i did use nod32 to get rid of the trojan..turned out nod32 detected it as a worm and mcafee showed it as a trojan which it could not delete..now i got a new problem...
Whenever i boot my system and the desktop comes on, i get an error message saying:
Windows cannot find the file C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\o453267.exe.Please make sure you typed the correct location and try again.To search,click on Start,and then click Search
wats happened?is it a missing file case?if so how do i get it back?pls let me know soon...thanx a lot alsiladaka for his reccominding nod32..highly appreciated..thanx to the other ppl too who replied to my query..help me with my latest one if u can...

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Open "msconfig" and goto "Startup" tab and uncheck the entry for "o453267.exe". :)
It'll better if u post ur HijackThis log file here. ;)

OP
A

ashwin_ka

Broken In
Vishal Gupta said:
Open "msconfig" and goto "Startup" tab and uncheck the entry for "o453267.exe". :)
It'll better if u post ur HijackThis log file here. ;)
i think i already tried that,but such a file does not exist in the startup tab..the proper file name is C:\windows\o4205327.exe.
just let me know if there is an other way to get rid of this annoying error message..
thnax a lot..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom