Triple booting. Where to install?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shantanu

Technomancer
hey buddY! r u using that RS480 ATI x200 chipset.. i suppose that only... i have used that thing and it is having silicon image SATA controller... well i dont have much knowledge about linux but i think SDA is SATA drive :p .. and i was unable to install any distro on it... :D

cant say in your case.. but silicon systems emailed back to me saying that sil437* .. or something... controller is not fully compatible with RS480 and RS482 series of mobos... (i think you have MSI ) :p

OP
phreak0ut

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)
shantanu_webmaster said:
hey buddY! r u using that RS480 ATI x200 chipset.. i suppose that only... i have used that thing and it is having silicon image SATA controller... well i dont have much knowledge about linux but i think SDA is SATA drive :p .. and i was unable to install any distro on it... :D

cant say in your case.. but silicon systems emailed back to me saying that sil437* .. or something... controller is not fully compatible with RS480 and RS482 series of mobos... (i think you have MSI ) :p

How crappy!!! What do they do sitting in their huge complex? Why is it that ATI ALWAYS HAS TO SUCK THIS WAY!! Well, i'll wait and watch :(

OP
phreak0ut

phreak0ut

The cd can be booted only as root. Well, if Silicon systems has trouble for my motherboard, then how come other distros are installing fine? :confused:

OP
phreak0ut

phreak0ut

@Mehul-Its a base of slax. @Shantanu-Could you please PM the mail which you got, if you still got it in your inbox?

Vivek788

In the zone
I have opensuse installed already.Recently I installed FC6 and now the grub in it is not detecting opensuse...?what change should i make to grub.conf to bring it back?

My opensuse is installed in /dev/hdc3 while fc6 is in /dev/hdd10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom