Trible: A Next Generation Bittorrent Client?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Published: Today, @ May 21, 11:26 AM
Source: TorrentFreak
Author: Ernesto

*torrentfreak.com//images/tribler1.gif​
After you’ve downloaded a few files the application should know if you are the Madonna type or more a Britney person. Moreover, it is the first P2P system which has merged online friends and a sense of community without using any central server. Tribler also runs on a Linux set-top box and is expected to hit the shops before the end of this year.

After a long weekend of testing we gave a thumbs-up and wish the development team many more releases. Not all BitTorrent users see the need for all these extra functionalities (I still prefer uTorrent), but those who do should definitely try Tribler.

Read more...

There are Mac and Linux versions too. :)

*img300.imageshack.us/img300/381/aryayushuserbarkm0.gif

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
What gave you the idea that the author of that post, Ernesto, is a Mac user? :p
The fact that he wrote 'utorrent' instead of 'µTorrent' proves that he was typing this post on Windows.

And BTW, µTorrent runs perfectly on Mac OS X using CrossOver. You can also use the WebUI and save yourself from its crap windows interface. I do. :)

praka123

left this forum longback
crossover is a bad thing-it just popularise win32 clients on other OS's.instead they should've released OS specific versions..

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Well, what will you do if the developers are not willing to make their applications cross-platform?

CrossOver (and other similar applications such as Wine and Darwine) are great, because they let you run applications from other platforms too. why do you have a problem with that?

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
aryayush said:
And BTW, µTorrent runs perfectly on Mac OS X using CrossOver. You can also use the WebUI and save yourself from its crap windows interface. I do. :)
nah , i don't find the interface crap , also i don't hv to see it much , just start torrent n minimize it to tray :)

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Of course you don't. You are using Windows, dude. :)

Anyway, let's not veer off-topic anymore.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
it is not hard to write "µtorrent" on Windows. I just wished macboys try using Windows with open eyes

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
but CrossOver in itself emulates windows , this in turn proves that windows is much more supported than mac n thus windows emulator r made for other platforms :D

plz i don't wanna argue , just wanted to make my point

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Of course. Who has ever claimed that Windows is not the standard among operating systems? Who says that the maximum number of third party vendors do not support it or that it does not have the maximum number of third party software? No one, that's who.

But that does not make it a better operating system.

I plead you guys not to make it a flame war yet again.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
aryayush said:
Of course. Who has ever claimed that Windows is not the standard among operating systems? Who says that the maximum number of third party vendors do not support it or that it does not have the maximum number of third party software? No one, that's who.

You have always claimed that.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Oh, yeah? Well, thanks for keeping me informed about what I have claimed. I tend to forget. /sarcasm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom