Transformers - War for Cybertron

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
It was under in my waiting list.. and i finally started playing it,

I just completed Chpater 5, which concludes Decepticons' missions. Now, playing as Optimus Prime. It is really good, levels are huge, Transformers are well detailed, Voice acting is good. But it might get repetitive at times.

If any one completed the game or playing it now.. please let me know. I have few things to ask.

OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
The health and ammo.

Some times scientist himself heals me if my health is low, is there any way to make him heal when I want?

And, the second.. why ammo is so scarce?! Because I'm on hard difficulty? I run out of ammo very fast.. and has to use Melee + firepower of vehicle to conserve ammo.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Ammo is spread out all over the place. Always keep a watch for those small containers, they hold your ammo and health. It's only in the initial parts did I feel it was difficult to conserve ammo. Once you explore more, you'll easily find yourself a stockpile of it.

As for the scientist class, well, you don't really have any control over the AI. So unless you're playing in co-op, I don't think it will allow you to command it to heal you at will.

OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Completed Chapter 6. Some dramatic things happened forcing Optimus and his crew to turn themselves to Decepticons.

The thing I don't like is, that.. Megatron, Soundwave felt extremely ordinary while I was playing decepticons'.. But now, all of a sudden.. they are demigods now.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
It's way too much fun. He can transform into a jet, playing the level and traveling becomes so convenient.

OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
I'm on Chapter 8. Still no sign of Jets.

The game is kind of repetitive but fun. Had a bossfight with Soundwave in last chapter, and he felt quite talented.. considering how dumb he was while I was playing as Decepticons.

quicky008

Technomancer
I wanted to give this game a try but i haven't played it yet coz i was under the impression that its a monotonous game and has sub-par visuals.Is it worth playing?Most reviews of this game that i have read on sites like ign,gamespot etc are suggestive of the fact that its pretty mediocre.

OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Not mediocre. It is good. I am playing it now. Visuals are are not sub par, they are very good. Some times, scope of certain levels will just amaze you.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
I wanted to give this game a try but i haven't played it yet coz i was under the impression that its a monotonous game and has sub-par visuals.Is it worth playing?Most reviews of this game that i have read on sites like ign,gamespot etc are suggestive of the fact that its pretty mediocre.
Let me put it this way; If you're a Transformer fan, then this is the best Transformer title, at the moment.

It's very under-rated. I wouldn't say it's outstanding, but it's enjoyable in every way possible. The visuals are average at the best. The fast paced gameplay is what makes this game stand out. The voice acting is really good. You can play as both; Auto-bots and Decepticons. Online co-op is available.

As compared to the previous mess of Transformer titles, this is much MUCH better. Definitely worth a shot.

OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
On chapter 9. Playing as Jet Fire. Autobots' jets standout compared to Decepticons' jets.

Two more missions to go. Will complete it today(Hopefully)

---------- Post added 23-02-2011 at 01:39 PM ---------- Previous post was 22-02-2011 at 07:07 PM ----------

Wooot..just completed the game. Damn... this game is awesome. Chapter 9 totally kicked ass. Highly underrated game, I must say.

Top Bottom