Transcend vs Kingston memory card for N70

Status
Not open for further replies.

vista__n00b

Broken In
Hello,

I am interested in upgrading the RS-DV-MMC of my Nokia N70 from 1GB to 2GB. The prices for both Transcend and Kingston is Rs.500/- from RPG Cellucom. Can someone please tell me which card to go for? I have read some bad things about Kingston on various sites. Is it true that Kingston doesn't play well with Nokia? What is the scene with Transcend? Anyone using a 2GB card with N70-ME? Does it slow down the phone too much?

Also, a local dealer told me about some other brands named DNA and NCP (or was it NCV?). They both cost Rs.650/- but I don't believe anything can be better than Transcend or Kingston. Am I wrong?

Please help :|

Sorry for long post :oops:
TIA

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Opt for Sandisk.
NCP is a local brand, it surprisingly offers good performance but you don't get any warranty.
I had used it in my 3230.

OP
vista__n00b

vista__n00b

Broken In
Thank you for your reply.

Are you sure that Sandisk makes a 2GB RS-MMC? I have searched a lot but the max I could find was a 1GB card.

Also, this guy is saying that he will give 5 years warranty for NCP. Is he bluffing? Should I trust him?

OP
vista__n00b

vista__n00b

Broken In
...but then how do i make sure that which card has better data transfer rate and it doesn't slow my phone down???

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Most of them are good, pick anyone.
Don't worry at all, even the NCP performs well.
BTW i did not get any warranty on my NCP.

dabster

In the zone
I just checked at futurebazaar.com they are selling it for 399/- 1GB Kingston mini SD card w/ 5 year warranty. what do you ppl say, what is the issue with Kingston cards...?

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
I just checked at futurebazaar.com they are selling it for 399/- 1GB Kingston mini SD card w/ 5 year warranty. what do you ppl say, what is the issue with Kingston cards...?

No issue at all.
If possible for you get a 2GB one, it will be value for money.

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
Just buy any one of the Transcend/Sandisk/Kingston .... which ever is cheaper ... stay away from the local makes.

Best one is which is made in taiwan.

bye .. happy buying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom