Total War: Rome II

bippukt

In the zone
Well, it has been announced and it will be released in late 2013. The original Rome Total War was the single player game that I played the most and I am really happy that I will be able to repeat the experience with all the improvements that new technology will bring. Pre-orders are not available yet, but this game will likely make it to the top of my list, as long as the price is reasonable :)

Total War

EDIT: Looks like it is coming out in October 2013.

EDIT: If you want to watch out for the latest announcements and discuss with other fans, go to the official forums here:

*forums.totalwar.com/forumdisplay.php/134-Total-War-Rome-II

Last edited:
OP
B

bippukt

In the zone
No Total War fans on TDF? :eek:

Anyway, here's the official first gameplay footage:

WARNING: Violent, as TW games are!

gameranand

Living to Play
Well actually I am not much of a fan of Total wars game though I liked playing the last game of the series. It brings something new to the table, Actually I like modern type RTS games more like CnC or XCOM etc. :)

Alok

Adventurer
I have Rome Total War . Played a long ago , back then it was my first strategy game with zoom camera ability ;-). Really a good game .
Almost forgot it, lets see if i start it again. Nice to hear about sequel.

OP
B

bippukt

In the zone
I like them too, especially Xcom - I like TBS games because they don't rush me. I used to like RTS the most when I was in school but now I just don't want to deal with the pressure to get to the Bronze Age in 5-10 mins etc. So Civ and TW games are great for me - the battles in TW are in real time but since I only play on Normal and watching the troops actually battle is great fun.

I have Rome Total War . Played a long ago , back then it was my first strategy game with zoom camera ability ;-). Really a good game .
Almost forgot it, lets see if i start it again. Nice to hear about sequel.

I think I played it for 500 hours - I was sick for a long time and it was summer with 42-44C and very high humidity. So, it was RTW during day time. It cost 1300 then and the only reason I was allowed to buy it was because I was sick :D

sujoyp

Grand Master
I too played this game 7-8 years ago...it had some modern graphics...and new type of strategy building

gameranand

Living to Play
Well I like RTS too, there is kind of speed and pressure on you, you have to think and act simultaneously. :)

OP
B

bippukt

In the zone
Carthage Battle Gameplay Walthrough - the initial part of the video seems not so good but the latter seems nice! Best watch it on 720p.

Three factions revealed until now - Rome, Carthage and Macedon. See detailed descriptions here:

Factions - Total War Wiki

heidi2521

Padawan
New Battle of Teutoburg panorama(30000x9785)

Open at your own risk.

*tww-data.s3.amazonaws.com/panorama2/index.html

TCA wants to kill my PC with this game.

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
i bought this total war mega pack.. all are very huge in size.. which game should i install first? rome, empire, medivieal 2, napoleon or shogun 2 ?

heidi2521

Padawan
i bought this total war mega pack.. all are very huge in size.. which game should i install first? rome, empire, medivieal 2, napoleon or shogun 2 ?

My personal ordering would be s2 -> R -> E -> M2 with the third age mod(Rohan FTW) -> N

well I never played RTS games in the past(AOE,EE,Civiliztion etc)
so will not try this one as well. :|

This game is TBS with RTS battles. Civ is entirely TBS.

+1 to gameranands suggestion. I personally prefer Red Alert though.

OP
B

bippukt

In the zone

If you have a good PC, install Shogun 2. Forget the older ones - Shogun itself will keep you busy for 100+ hours.

If your PC can't handle it, go for either Empire or Napoleon - whichever setting appeals more to you. Forget Rome or Medieval - they are too old by now.

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
If you have a good PC, install Shogun 2. Forget the older ones - Shogun itself will keep you busy for 100+ hours.

If your PC can't handle it, go for either Empire or Napoleon - whichever setting appeals more to you. Forget Rome or Medieval - they are too old by now.

thanks.. downloading shogun 2.. it's 12gb.. will take few days.. ;)

OP
B

bippukt

In the zone
thanks.. downloading shogun 2.. it's 12gb.. will take few days.. ;)

Just 12GB??? I think it is more like 20GB. And if you have Fall of the Samurai as well, it will be nearly 30GB. Even with discs, I had to download almost 14 GB - took only a few hours a 1 MBps though :D

You can read up on Shogun 2 strategy in the meantime, if you read guides. This one covers everything and is the best:

*forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?137395-Frogbeastegg-s-Guide-to-Total-War-Shogun-II

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
Just 12GB??? I think it is more like 20GB. And if you have Fall of the Samurai as well, it will be nearly 30GB. Even with discs, I had to download almost 14 GB - took only a few hours a 1 MBps though :D

You can read up on Shogun 2 strategy in the meantime, if you read guides. This one covers everything and is the best:

Creative Assembly Frogbeastegg's Guide to Total War: Shogun II

yeah.. it's taking 19783mb on local disk but the steam download is only 12.4gb...
don't have fall of samurai.. and thanks for the guide.. will read it..

heidi2521

Padawan
Total War: Rome II - Battle of Teutoburg Forest Walkthrough

Total War: Rome II - Battle of Teutoburg Forest Walkthrough - GameSpot.com

heidi2521

Padawan
Total War: Rome 2 launching Sept. 3 worldwide in standard and collector's editions | Polygon

Release date is September 3, Day 1 DLC confirmed.

For free download :hyper::hyper::hyper:

Open the link for CE info and the name of the free DLC faction.

Top Bottom