Toshiba or ASUS ?

Kvishal

In the zone
Hi Guys,

Need suggestion between these two Laptops which one should I go for.

Toshiba - ..:: Toshiba Laptops ::..

ASUS - Notebooks & Ultrabooks - X55U

and also how would this model from Asus be when compared to the Toshiba one.

To begin with the comparison is pretty simple Toshiba has a Intel Processor which is Pentium Dual Core Third Generation and ASUS has a AMD Processor Celeron Dual Core Third Generation but if that left aside from a display quality point of view which one is better ? And which one should be given preference ? Any real life user experience ?

and also how would this model from Asus be when compared to the Toshiba one.

Asus - *www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/X55C/#specifications

Thanks !

Last edited:

$hadow

Geek in making
You want to buy only among these two or you want to buy the best what your budget can permit.
You should fill the questionnaire

OP
K

Kvishal

In the zone
You want to buy only among these two or you want to buy the best what your budget can permit.
You should fill the questionnaire

I want to buy according to my budget and according to my budget only these two models are available !

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
I want to buy according to my budget and according to my budget only these two models are available !

What is your damn budget? I am sure other laptops will be available in your budget. Just fill up the damn questionnaire.

OP
K

Kvishal

In the zone
What is your damn budget? I am sure other laptops will be available in your budget. Just fill up the damn questionnaire.

My Budget is 2 Lakhs :razz:

Just joking....

Even if I know what Laptops have I shortlisted what is the point in still going through the questionnaire ? Questionnaire is for someone who does not know what he wants in my case I know I want only between these two !

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
first of all there is no AMD celeron as celeron is intel's.second,it depends on your usage as one can live easily even with celeron dual core & one can also bring even core i7 to its knees.third,as far as my experience goes i would rather have an asus than a toshiba.

OP
K

Kvishal

In the zone
as far as my experience goes i would rather have an asus than a toshiba.

Interesting you say that you would rather go for ASUS than Toshiba any particular reason why you say that ? One would imagine that Toshiba is a better Brand Name than ASUS isn't it ? So why ASUS ?

By the way my budget is 20K and I am looking out for a laptop for my basic computing needs !

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Asus is a leading manufacturer of motherboards & graphics cards compared to Toshiba whose only relation to pc components is hdd so it is logical to believe more in laptops made by Asus compared to Toshiba.one of my relative is using asus laptop for over 2 years now with no issues & its build quality is good.there are also many positive feedback for Asus laptops here(& other shopping sites/tech forums) but i rarely come across Toshiba recommendations(at least the usual budget/mid range laptops).

OP
K

Kvishal

In the zone
Asus is a leading manufacturer of motherboards & graphics cards compared to Toshiba whose only relation to pc components is hdd so it is logical to believe more in laptops made by Asus compared to Toshiba.one of my relative is using asus laptop for over 2 years now with no issues & its build quality is good.there are also many positive feedback for Asus laptops here(& other shopping sites/tech forums) but i rarely come across Toshiba recommendations(at least the usual budget/mid range laptops).

Between the two who has a better display ? I know both models have LED display but I have heard that Toshiba's display is better ? is that correct ? If both models have same specs I would than check which model has better display and go for the one that has better display !

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
it is alright but as far as display or speaker quality are concerned it is a pretty subjective matter & what looks/hears good to someone may not to another so a first hand experience is must.

Top Bottom