Topic: SkyDrive

ud0103

Show Time!
I've already posted thousands of questions on microsoft's forums but still have a question unanswered.. Can any 'f the skydrive users tell me how to get rid of the unable to sign in problem ??

The taskbar icon keeps saying signing in but never actually does that.. :(

Tech&ME

Banned
I don't know what your exact problem is, but I am able to sign in automatically when internet is connected. [ you need windows live/hotmail email id and password to sign in ]

I will suggest you to download the app again from microsoft website and install it in your windows 7 desktop after you uninstall the previous one.

mrintech

Technomancer
No problem here.... Try re-installing the App

Also, check whether some security software is blocking SkyDrive from accessing the servers

:)

enVolt

Broken In
Personally suggesting DropBox is much better then SkyDrive,
first of all its not platform limited,, skydrive only support win 7/8
one of my laptop also have win xp, so I move to Dropbox (it support windows xp,7,8,vista, linux,mac),
its much light-weightier then SkyDrive, and more controls then DropBox(you can also control whether to update your cloud folder or not!! my favorite feature), I think soon dropbox will provide alternate for skydrive in windows 8, where you can change all skydrive area to dropbox.

OP
ud0103

ud0103

Show Time!
Okay.. I guess I've missed out mentioning that I've Vista on my system and I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app. I've even removed Live Mesh from my system. But, the problem persists..

No problem here.... Try re-installing the App

Also, check whether some security software is blocking SkyDrive from accessing the servers

:)

I checked firewall and put SkyDrive in exception list but it seems of no use... BTW can you think of any other possibilities of restriction over SkyDrive accessibility ??

mrintech

Technomancer
Create a New User Account in Windows and then try accessing SkyDrive from it

Anyways, I will suggest you to use Dropbox and you can transfer all your files and folders from SD to BD using: *mybackupbox.com/ :)

OP
ud0103

ud0103

Show Time!
Woohoo !! Problem solved !! :D

And I found out that you need a high speed internet connection in order to just give it that kick start and with the blink of your eyes, you're in !!

BTW thanx to one and all for ur suggestions !! :D

Thread closed :p

Tech&ME

Banned
Personally suggesting DropBox is much better then SkyDrive,
first of all its not platform limited,, skydrive only support win 7/8
one of my laptop also have win xp, so I move to Dropbox (it support windows xp,7,8,vista, linux,mac),
its much light-weightier then SkyDrive, and more controls then DropBox(you can also control whether to update your cloud folder or not!! my favorite feature), I think soon dropbox will provide alternate for skydrive in windows 8, where you can change all skydrive area to dropbox.

SkyDrive support windows 7 and Mac and all mobile platforms. [ except linux ]

Since official support for Windows XP closed, so no support for SkyDrive there.

The benefit of using SkyDrive is, you can edit your documents online and save it. Besides you get 25 GB FREE space.

Note : In Mac, Office for Mac, SkyDrive is included by default on the share menu :-D

mrintech

Technomancer
The other problem with SkyDrive as compared to Dropbox is if you update any file, SkyDrive completely replace the old file and upload a complete copy of the file whereas Dropbox only update the part that has changed saving your bandwidth and time. This is the really bad part of SkyDrive.

+1 :-o

Tech&ME

Banned
SkyDrive has been updated to NEW version with some changes, they have changed the taskbar icon and a few more things.

Details here [ update is automatic ]

Manual download : here

Top Bottom