Top 3 Best Sounding Mp3 Players

Status
Not open for further replies.

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
hmm i can say these are the best but u also have to take very gud earphones to feel the real power of player :

1. IPOD
2. IRIVER

1235Sam

Sameer
i think u should better look in forums like head-fi.org there u will find lot of sound quality experts

as per my knowledge cowon d2 is the best sounding mp3 player buts others features arent that great.ipod are not the best sounding mp3 players.but i heard their new versions(which released last week) have very good SQ and they are best sounding ipod yet

*www.ilounge.com/index.php/reviews/entry/apple-ipod-touch-second-generation-8gb-16gb-32gb/P0
*www.ilounge.com/index.php/reviews/entry/apple-ipod-nano-fourth-generation-8gb-16gb/

so if price is not an issue then go for 32gb ipod touch 2g.but u will have to wait till oct 8 for its launch

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Cowon, Sony, iRiver and Creative make the best sounding players (not in any particular order). Samsung, SanDisk, Microsoft and Apple form the best of the rest.

OP
J

jingalala

Broken In
DUDE,
I totally agree with you that ipod is not the best sounding MP3 player.I also thought that COWON D2 is the best but what would you have to say about KENWOOD HD30GB9.Heared that it's SQ is superior to Cowon and others including Zune, Creatives, Samsungs, and iRivers.......:p

1235Sam

Sameer
DUDE,
I totally agree with you that ipod is not the best sounding MP3 player.I also thought that COWON D2 is the best but what would you have to say about KENWOOD HD30GB9.Heared that it's SQ is superior to Cowon and others including Zune, Creatives, Samsungs, and iRivers.......:p

yes ipods were not the best sounding but they they still have highest market share coz 95 percent people would be happy with ipod sq.it requires an audiophile and headphone like shure to identify best sq.in that case cowon's were the best

but as i told u earlier apple have made a big stip forward this time.even audiophile who have tested new ipod said that new ipod are sound awesome.

never got chance to hear zune,kenwood etc.they aint available in india

coming back to your topic if u want best possible SQ on earth buy cowon d2 and Ultimate Ears UE-10 PRO Headphone($900)

headphones play very important role for better SQ.if u see there isnt much difference between SQ of creative,cowon,apple etc(yes cowon are the best but only slightly).So ultimately headphone is the deciding factor

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
1) Cowon
2) Sony
3) Creative

ipods were good few years ago but now they just suck. pathetic sound quality and limited video format support. It sucks when you have to convert every single video to mp4.

moshel

Padawan
1) Cowon
2) Sony
3) Creative

ipods were good few years ago but now they just suck. pathetic sound quality and limited video format support. It sucks when you have to convert every single video to mp4.

i would like to make a little change to that list.

1. cowon
2. sony
3. Creative/Sandisk (fuze & clip specifically)

althought the most important part is played by the headphone/earphone.

hey anybody got any idea when zune is going to release in india?

Last edited:

moshel

Padawan
here is a picture i found on the head-fi forums showing the players ranked as per their sound quality.

P.S. can someone post the image in the thread, I dont know how to do it. :p

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
^^^ Use *imageshack.us

Download the image to your computer and upload it there and then post it here using the vB code they'll provide.

BTW I'll also rate Cowon at the top.

1235Sam

Sameer
1) Cowon
2) Sony
3) Creative

dude it seems like you have been paid by anti-apple community to post ridiculous comments against apple.yes cowon,sony,creative sounds better than ipod that doesnt mean ipod SQ is "pathetic" or "it sucks".

btw for your knowledge new ipods sounds much better than earlier and they are now almost equal to sony,cowon creative.
proof?
*www.head-fi.org/forums/f15/since-t...4g-ipod-touch-2g-sound-quality-thread-361975/
*www.ilounge.com/index.php/reviews/entry/apple-ipod-touch-second-generation-8gb-16gb-32gb/P0
*www.ilounge.com/index.php/reviews/entry/apple-ipod-nano-fourth-generation-8gb-16gb/

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^ Why the hell should I listen to someone who relies on ilounge (pure made-for-apple) to say that ipods are as good as the top players.

Are you getting paid by ilounge??

Go to ilounge to shout "apple, apple, apple".

You never ever heard anything on non-ipods and you come here commenting on others comments.

ring_wraith

=--=l33t=--=
I'm going to say:

1) Sony
2) Cowon
3) iRiver

That's mainly because the Cowons tend to have a very cold, analytical sound signature whereas the Sonys have a warm, lush more fun signature. iRivers are a nice mix of both.

dude it seems like you have been paid by anti-apple community to post ridiculous comments against apple.yes cowon,sony,creative sounds better than ipod that doesnt mean ipod SQ is "pathetic" or "it sucks".

btw for your knowledge new ipods sounds much better than earlier and they are now almost equal to sony,cowon creative.
proof?
*www.head-fi.org/forums/f15/since-t...4g-ipod-touch-2g-sound-quality-thread-361975/

Don't know about the latest gen, but at least the previous gen touch sounded BAD! Flat out BAD! I honestly wanted one thanks to the awesome UI but when I heard it, I was like, "No way I'm blowing 15k on something that sounds like my Radio!"

Last edited:

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
BUDGET-NO LIMIT:D

ok i am readying a team of engineers to build you the best MP3 Player in the universe..
so when we can i get the advance payments ??????? so that i can poach engineers from creative and apple and others and get down to work...!! ;) :D :cool: :smile: ! hv fun !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom