Toolius Breaks The World Record For FX-8350 @8181Mhz

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
hey guys
Our own Shatul "Toolius" Durlabhji has broken the WR for highest clock on the AMD FX-8350 Processor with a clock speed of 8181Mhz.
CPU - AMD FX-8350
Motherboard - ASUS Crosshair V Formula
PSU - Corsair AX1200
Ram - Gskill Pi Black
Cooling - Liquid Nitrogen Pot
SSD - Kingston Hyper X 120GB

More details can be found here :
CPU Frequency overclocking records @ HWBOT
CPU-Z Validator 3.1

Good going bro...you just earned the bragging rights of being in the Mile high 8Ghz Club.

Neo

Wow. That looks really great. 8Ggz huh. I guess now I have to get my hands on overclocking. But my CPU already rubs too hot @50°C when idle. Let's see. BTW, what do you mean our own? Is he from TDF ?

Naxal

Little Kid
Nice..

Lot of time and money in hand.

Unfortunately not practical.

By the way, whats the use of turning off the 6 core of this 8 core and allowing running only 2 cores ??

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Lot of time and money in hand.
There are few who have money in hand but unfortunately a lot don't do it properly at all. Its not just a question of money. I was there. Besides, stuff like this is always about MHz race. There's also Super Pi, 3D Benchies. Its like racing. There's 50metre, there's 100 metre and then 200... list goes on. Achieving a feat in anyone of this as a worldwide record is a big deal.

dead.night7

Journeyman
I am not a hardcore overclocker, But what one gets after doing all such things on his hardware keeping aside the "Free Speeds" the chip offers
Doesn't it costs money when the hardware dies, Probably who will pay for when overclock didn't got right?
Instead overclocking why dont we keep the product as the company wants us to keep it.

rohit32407

Ambassador of Buzz
^Your question has already been answered by The Sorcerer. It's about thrill of the race of clocks. Anyway if the guy has the money and if he likes to race the 'clock-race' then why not. Ofcourse it's not practical but then no1 tries to reach those clocks for practical usage. It's all about thrill. If I had that much money, I would be doing the same.

Congrats to Toolius. Those clocks look surreal really.

doomgiver

Warframe
I am not a hardcore overclocker, But what one gets after doing all such things on his hardware keeping aside the "Free Speeds" the chip offers
Doesn't it costs money when the hardware dies, Probably who will pay for when overclock didn't got right?
Instead overclocking why dont we keep the product as the company wants us to keep it.

you get better performance... is that not a goal for you???

oh, im sorry, you must be pretty proud of your i7-3770K running M$ paint and Internet Exploder [SUP](TM) [/SUP]without any OC at all, eh?

dead.night7

Journeyman
^^ Yes we get a better performance, but what if my hardware is dying for what I do to it... And I did read it in Digit itself that, life for the hardware does reduces on overclocking.

Still my thoughts for these would be different from an enthusiast. As @the Sorcerer says I don't want to kill my components for racing, Am I getting money for that race? No but still I get performance and I know that right now I dont require that much performance.

There are few who have money in hand but unfortunately a lot don't do it properly at all. Its not just a question of money. I was there. Besides, stuff like this is always about MHz race. There's also Super Pi, 3D Benchies. Its like racing. There's 50metre, there's 100 metre and then 200... list goes on. Achieving a feat in anyone of this as a worldwide record is a big deal.

Thank you a fair explanation

rohit32407

Ambassador of Buzz
^In present scenario for full blown gaming with all the eye candy you gotta update your system in about 2 years anyway and if you know what you are doing when you overclock, your system will survive for that long easily. Also you don't need to keep it overclocked all the time. Save the profiles and apply the overclocked profile when you need it. It's just about what you want to do with it. I will repeat yet again that extreme overclocks are all about the thrill. If you don't think you need it, don't do it but you gotta applaud the guy for this extraordinary effort if you are even marginally interested in overclocking

avinandan012

Cyborg Agent
each chip is different so you can't say that two chips from a same shipment will last for same time.
& rohit has pointed out a very good point
you don't need to keep it overclocked all the time. Save the profiles and apply the overclocked profile when you need it.

doomgiver

Warframe
^^ Yes we get a better performance, but what if my hardware is dying for what I do to it... And I did read it in Digit itself that, life for the hardware does reduces on overclocking.

Still my thoughts for these would be different from an enthusiast. As @the Sorcerer says I don't want to kill my components for racing, Am I getting money for that race? No but still I get performance and I know that right now I dont require that much performance.

Thank you a fair explanation

lol, an average cpu lasts approx 10 years, if used stock. OC'ing it will prolly reduce life by 2-3 years MAX (that is, if you do all the interesting bits, like over volting, flashing bios, unlocking cores, etc.), and if you are loaded enough to afford a OC'able cpu, then you are loaded enough to replace your computer every 4-5 years (so, cpu will almost never die)

unless you want to run a computer 24/7 for a decade, stay away from overclocking.

Top Bottom