Too Slow Mobile Office Internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

yogisworld

Broken In
I CONNECTED TO MOBILE OFFICE INTERNET AFTER A LOT OF STRUGGLE BY CREATING A DIALUP CONNECTION.THE SPEED IGET CONNECTED IS 921.6 Kbps but browsing is too slow .even using bsnl(cli) i can browse at twice the speed. OPENING DIGIT SITE TAKES 3 TO 4 MIN .Downloading speed is 3 KB/s in the begining an then it drops to 0.1KB/s. and stops.USING NOKIA 3110C .please help

Last edited:

ThinkFree

Technomancer
Speed depends on the signal strength, availability of EDGE and number of users using the network in the area in which you are using it and a number of other factors. So you can't do much to increase it if signals are not strong or EDGE is not available in your area.

Sathish

Debian Gnu/Linux User
i have used Airtel Mobile Office since 7 months..
i feel good with its speed on my E61 and usually i talks with my friend through skype in that connection.. cheap and best for updating knowledge on the moves.

kumarmohit

Technomancer
921.6 is the speed with which your phone is connected to PC not the speed at which phone modem is working

jatt

In the zone
airtel sucks now in these days its giving me regular speed 3 bits what a speed.

i talked with customer care many times.They will only ask your no. and your name and then will say we forward your request,after 48 hour your problem will sought out if not then you can again call them.then again they will repeat such things.Now its your decision about to use such type cheap service.Mine experience was very bad with airtel.

atul292

Right off the assembly line
the problem my child is neither the service nor the handset..the problem is ur lack of knowledge abt GPRS

GPRS is lower narrow band of data transfer and was designed much before BB came along

no where in the world have GPRS speeds ever crossed 3 to 8 kbps..realistic speeds r max 3kbps and min zero kbps

what kids fail to realise is that GPRS is an emergency conn for handset and PC..while ur on the move

Edge was nothing but a crappy enhancement service at exorbitant rates..which failed miserably too

ThinkFree

Technomancer
no where in the world have GPRS speeds ever crossed 3 to 8 kbps..realistic speeds r max 3kbps and min zero kbps

what kids fail to realise is that GPRS is an emergency conn for handset and PC..while ur on the move

Edge was nothing but a crappy enhancement service at exorbitant rates..which failed y too

Max practical speed available is 8kBps. And I don't think EDGE failed

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Airtel GPRS in Mumbai is a disaster. Slow speed, frequent disconnections, you name it, they got it. And at the end of the month they expect us to pay them. *www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/mad/mad0228.gif

abhishek_734

Broken In
i m using it on nokia 3500c which has edge.the problem of speed is mainly due to the congested towers of airtel and a high no of users in a particular area.i m living near my college but my native place is about 15 km fm my college.when i use mo at my place near college the avg speed i get is around 3-5 kB/sec and max 15 kB/s during nite after 1 am.but when i come home during weekends the same airtel gives me avg speed of 15 kB/s and max upto 30 kB/s during nite after 11 am.this is bcoz there r less no of users near my home.i m having edge towers both near my collg and home.

OP
Y

yogisworld

Broken In
hey guys good news
saturday i decided to give a final try and tried to activate mobile office.but it said cannot activate due to upgradation try 23-11-08.so i registered on the next day and to my surprise it worked much better tis time.browsing is little slow but downloading gives a speed in a range of 3 to 5 or even goes upto 7 KB\sec for few seconds.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
BTW GPRS speeds depend on the no of users currently using it??
If there are many people at a point of time, then the speed gets decreased. Am I right? Plz correct me, I doubt the above.

ThinkFree

Technomancer
Yes, the speed decreases if their is excessive load on the network. A voice call and a data call utilise the same amount of network resources.

abhishek_734

Broken In
^^ though i m not sure abt this,but read somewhere that the network towers are designed as to give more preference(and so resources) to voice calls as compared to data calls when they get overloaded.

Has anyone tried using opendns in mobile office.i had heard some people saying it boosts the speed.in my case,i didnt notice any speed difference.

amitabhishek

Bad to the bone
Airtel GPRS in Mumbai is a disaster. Slow speed, frequent disconnections, you name it, they got it. And at the end of the month they expect us to pay them. *www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/mad/mad0228.gif

Agreed! Airtel service sucks big time in Mumbai! Being a late starter they should have done things better. Their quality of service is way below the acceptable standards.

I have Airtel and it hurts :mrgreen:!!!!

wizaryan

Right off the assembly line
Hello ppl

i am using HTC touch phone with Vodafone connection in mumbai....the vodafone customer service ppl say i cannot use the basic GPRS on my phone as its high end and i need to pay them minimum of 200 bucks to activate the same...is that true? how do i use the net connection of my PC onto my mobile using bluetooth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom