Tomb Raider Series Reboot

rock2702

Padawan
Ok I got my copy today.But I am unable to install the game via DVD.I inserted the disk, steam client opened and asked for activation key, I inserted the key and now it asks me to download full game(approx 10gb)via steam instead of the dvd I got.I mean WTF.:eek: How do I install the game from DVD?

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
Ok I got my copy today.But I am unable to install the game via DVD.I inserted the disk, steam client opened and asked for activation key, I inserted the key and now it asks me to download full game(approx 10gb)via steam instead of the dvd I got.I mean WTF.:eek: How do I install the game from DVD?

Dont worry , it will download 8 gb from disk , and remaining 2 gb from steam . So if you are like me who lives with 512kbps speed , just curse them for giving 1 disk instead of two .

rock2702

Padawan
Dont worry , it will download 8 gb from disk , and remaining 2 gb from steam . So if you are like me who lives with 512kbps speed , just curse them for giving 1 disk instead of two .

Yaa I got one disk.Did people get 2 DVD'S? Also should I start downloading the game from steam? How will it know the DVD path?

EDIT:I clicked the reinstall option and now it shows "installing from disk" and in steam it shows 7.1gb of 9gb downloaded.Where is the remaining 2gb? :mad:
What is the point of retail disk then? I am on bsnl uld 900 plan, speeds are now 512kbps, which is too slow.

Last edited:

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
@rock2702: close Steam client and restart installation from the disk, it will get installed. steam will open again when you start the installation.

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
@rock2702: close Steam client and restart installation from the disk, it will get installed. steam will open again when you start the installation.

This . Since the game is 10 gb therefore it cant accomodate on a single disk , hence you have to download remaining 2gb file . I know it sucks but not all of has @rcuber 4 mbps speed .

ratzee199

Journeyman
14 hours of gameplay...and still at 44% completion level...Finished Grim Ending Cutscene...and saved...
I guess looooong gameplay time left...

rock2702

Padawan
Started playing the game and I am blown away :D The visuals are outstanding, the best I have ever seen in a game, so realistic,tressfx makes the hair look real, can't play without it, though it eats up around 10fps.I am averaging 40-45 fps on my 2560x1440 display with ultra settings.Man, this girl and her b**bs, can't keep my eyes off. :p

Top Bottom