Tomb Raider Series Reboot

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
^^ already?

I forgot to pay my internet bills :lol: will do it tonight as well as check my balance bandwidth .. :S

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
still cant decide to buy it from store or pre order it..

SALARY!!! Y U NO CREDIT SOON!!! :mad:

:shock: On 1st march you are saying this? When does your salary credit?

Everyone is buying this game.. Damn.. just few days back I bought GW2, this month no purchase :( .

quicky008

Technomancer
Is this game available at any of the retail outlets of kolkata yet?From what others have posted here,it seems its already up for sale in other regions of India like Bangalore.

@iittopper:
How much did it cost you mate?Have u started playing it already?

Wtf after installing the game , its is downloading additional 2gb :shock: . kanjuus people , they should have given 2 dvd instead of one ! :-(
Is it optional to download this additional 2gb update or is it mandatory?

Last edited:

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
I was actually quite surprised to see it in store on release day, I went there thinking it wont be available :p . this was not the case when I Far Cry 3 came out.. (only PC version was not available)

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
Is this game available at any of the retail outlets of kolkata yet?From what others have posted here,it seems its already up for sale in other regions of India like Bangalore.

@iittopper:
How much did it cost you mate?Have u started playing it already?

Is it optional to download this additional 2gb update or is it mandatory?

All my fun is spoilt , thanks to the extra 2 gb file that steam is downloading . Since the game was around 10 gb these a*sholes just put the game (7.7 gb) in one disk and rest for downloading . They could have given 2 disc but they are kanjoos people !

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
40 minutes for the addition 2 gig update.. the game should be up by 10.30 PM :D , on the other hand im also hooked to "Person of Interest" TV series.. I wish I had a spare Monitor :p

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
have to start now.. taking care of a few things..

Anyone else started the game? or am I the first one ?

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Playing .. GFX is good, still getting used to the controls(er ;)) . running at 1080p @ high, cant run at ultra or ultimate(TressFX) , high is also quite pleasing to watch.

I'm feeling this somewhat similar to FC3 as I had finished it last week :rolleyes:

PS: sooo.. im still the first person in TDF to play this :D

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
25% complete in about 4 hrs on normal difficulty :razz:

EDIT: forgot to mention about the game.

XP points are needed for skills, just like FC3
you need to scavenge parts spread across the game to unlock attachments etc.
sometime the GFX looks great and sometime little dull, but overall im happy to get 60-70 FPS on high at 1080p, some places I was wondering if cut scenes were playing or I was actually in control, may be those scenes/situations were deliberately optimized.
Puzzles are not that hard (atleast till now)

haven't checked MP maps, there are couple of games modes which we are used to (TDM) . private matches can also be played..
very linear.

Story not much of a spoiler but still posted it in spoiler tag ,
same thing, couple of guys crash into a island, protagonist has to survive by killing bad people and solving some puzzles , you get unlocks as you progress.

config
i5 2400
MSI 6850 Cylone
8Gig ram

My card is not taking Ultra settings. even on 720p with AA disabled, getting about 20fps on that. need to check if any shadow settings can be tweaked. but HIGH works absolutely fine and smooth.

need to play more to give a rating. but you can definitely pick it up.

EDIT: Xbox 360 Controller is very well integrated in the game.

PS: Lara is hot :wub:

Last edited:
Top Bottom