TODAY I LEARNED (TIL) - thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
TIL that you can clean old TIM using tissue paper soaked in petrol. i used it to clean up my proccy.

just came by to post this:

Before:
*i.imgur.com/AlTXns1.jpg

After:
*i.imgur.com/T29kwEW.jpg

This is due to this:

*i.imgur.com/3tLM8cQ.jpg

*i.imgur.com/5mG01Pz.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Also, its a Cooler Master Hyper 212X inside a NZXT Gamma, if anyone is wondering.

and that huge temp margin is partly due to a very old TIM on my 2400 that had not been changed since the PC was assembled 3 years ago.
the after temps were the result of running prime95 for ~1.5hr.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, TIL that you can clean old TIM using tissue paper soaked in petrol. i used it to clean up my proccy.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
TIL ithehappy is still butthurt and trolling on GSMArena comment's section

LG G4 vs. Samsung Galaxy S6: Next door rivals - Reader comments

It's a shame for S6 to be compared with a midrange cheapo like G4. Meh. By cheap I mean the quality, not price.
U Mad Bro?

No one cares about cheap fanboys. Any LG phone is a midrange phone, ANY LG. G3, G4, all are midrange phones. That's a FACT. Maybe those are flagship phones for the OnePlus One kinds, but for any Samsung, HTC or Sony owners these are midrange phones coming at flagship prices. Deal with it.

:facepalm:

Read the comment again. G2 had a lot of popularity, the reason for was that Samsung's awful TouchWiz implementation, with S4. But that doesn't take it from the "fact" that G2 still was a midrange phone. S4 was not, it was better than G2, but what was the point of it when the software was awful? So G2 succeeded. Now TouchWiz is utterly different with LP, so G4, well sorry, LG will have tough time selling it, but they are fortunate to have more dumb fanboys than Samsung. In any case, comparing LG with Samsung is just like comparing Apples with Oranges. Can't be done

Again comparing electronics with fruits :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

ShankJ

Been There, Done That!!
TIL how to do a 180 going reverse and end up straight and keep driving straight after that..(Used my Swift)..

Nerevarine

Incarnate
TIL ithehappy is still butthurt and trolling on GSMArena comment's section

LG G4 vs. Samsung Galaxy S6: Next door rivals - Reader comments

U Mad Bro?

:facepalm:

Again comparing electronics with fruits :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

comparing LG with Samsung is just like comparing Apples with Oranges. Can't be done

:/ :/

zapout

Ideas are Bulletproof
TIL- android has a option to put the device into safe mode, long press the power button , after that long push on "power off" option.(working on KitKat and jellybean)

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
TIL- android has a option to put the device into safe mode, long press the power button , after that long push on "power off" option.(working on KitKat and jellybean)
You have a lot of learning ahead waiting for you.. :D

Chetan1991

Youngling
TIL that you can clean old TIM using tissue paper soaked in petrol. i used it to clean up my proccy.
Tissue paper can leave lint behind and petrol doesn't evaporate quickly enough.

Using ipa or paint thinner/nail polish remover is better option.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
well, IPA is not available here. i did search around for surgical spirit. what i got was "soft spirit". its just highly diluted alcohol. dont know what alcohol though.

i gave the petrol idea a try on the intel cooler. wiped it clean in 2-3 swipes. no lint, no trace of petrol.

it trick is to use just a few drops of petrol on the tissue. the tissue will spread out the petrol, so the wipes wont leave much etrol on the copper die itself.

as for lint, you are correct. however, if you use good quality tissue, it wont leave lints.

ShankJ

Been There, Done That!!
lol why not just give the link to the wiki page..

Coz some people just want to see the world burn..:hyper: :hyper:

TIL that watching random top "Top 10 most disturbing movies" can make you watch some really creepy ****.. (Nakromantyk, Beastiality etc etc)

Nerevarine

Incarnate
if that is true, he lives a sad sad life, a person that constantly needs to prove to others about his superior e-peen size in an internet forum is definitely leading a sad/depressing life :(

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Today I Realized I'm wasting too much real money on in-app purchases for mobile games.

Un-installed all such games from mobile.

The detox issues have kicked in already and started regretting why did I remove those. But, I'm gonna hold on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom