to restrict installing any programs

Status
Not open for further replies.

saurav_nolakha

Broken In
i just wanna know ...how to to restrict installing any new programs.i.e i just dont want any1 to be able 2 install ny new prgrms in WIN XP sp2

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
You may like to use Deepfreeze. It will allow installing new programmes or even delete the entire hard disk. But restart the PC and every changes will be gone.

OP
saurav_nolakha

saurav_nolakha

Broken In
Ramakrishnan said:
You may like to use Deepfreeze. It will allow installing new programmes or even delete the entire hard disk. But restart the PC and every changes will be gone.

actually my comp. is being exploited for games only... i just want to restrict my frnds to b unable 2 install ny prgrms..restriction will b OK if it is apllies even 4 me

suraj

Journeyman
saurav_nolakha said:
i just wanna know ...how to to restrict installing any new programs.i.e i just dont want any1 to be able 2 install ny new prgrms in WIN XP sp2

Saurav U can restrict CD drive & floppy drive in the computers!
Just go thru following thread:

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40864

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Or always log in using the guest acount and do not give installation previliges to that account.

suraj

Journeyman
saurav_nolakha said:
thnks 4 ur answers but what i really want to do is some registry hack....or something like dat..if ny info. plz convey

u did not apply digit teweak ?
chek it out

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
There is no registry hack, just group policy.

The best way if you are using Windows XP is to make a "Limited User Account", & with parental control set it to allow only a few applications .exe to run. Now unless someone has administrator password, they can't even double click to install a virus.

OP
saurav_nolakha

saurav_nolakha

Broken In
gx_saurav said:
There is no registry hack, just group policy.

The best way if you are using Windows XP is to make a "Limited User Account", & with parental control set it to allow only a few applications .exe to run. Now unless someone has administrator password, they can't even double click to install a virus.

thanks a lot dear!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom