To Purchase $500 item But credit limit is 17000

Status
Not open for further replies.

CadCrazy

in search of myself
Dear All,
i want to purchase an item costing $500 online. But credit linit for my credit card is Rs 17000. The website can accept payment through Pay Pal. Is there any way to purchase it i one go ( may be by some method in paypal) ????????????

And how much Rs $500 is equal to ????

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
500 x Today Exhange Rate = Indian Rs. Most Likely Rs 40. Around Rs 20000. I think you cannot do anything with 17000 limiut

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
U dont get the basic point, 1st Deposit that extra ammount in ur Credit Card account...

Right now u have 17k limit, suppose u want to buy 25k stuff, then just deposit the extra 8k there !!!!

that 8k will stay in ur account as spedable money :lol: to time being make the purchase limit 25k :p

now make the purchase... !!!

Ponmayilal

Attitude matters
You may phone up your card issuer and request for a one time enhancement of your credit limit stating the reason. In all probability they may instantly do that provided your credit rating is good. I got it done once before and so speak from my experience.But make sure about your capability to pay the amount without falling into a debt trap. Good luck.

OP
CadCrazy

CadCrazy

in search of myself
Choto Cheeta said:
U dont get the basic point, 1st Deposit that extra ammount in ur Credit Card account...

Right now u have 17k limit, suppose u want to buy 25k stuff, then just deposit the extra 8k there !!!!

that 8k will stay in ur account as spedable money :lol: to time being make the purchase limit 25k :p

is it possible to deposite money in credit card , how???????????

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Jah !!!

The process is same as u pay ur Bill :lol: only this time u are paying before ur bill is generated

:lol:

As for me I pay via Cheque or Net banking !!! :)

hailgautam

Youngling
Some times Card Companies provide automatic overdraft. it is possible to purchase even without calling the cust care. However you have to pay the excess amount within the card due date else they levy a hefty overdraft charges (something like rs. 500)

other alternatives are to go for temp credit increase by calling the card issuer or drop a check in and confirm in a few days if the same has been debited to your account, then go and buy your thing.

OP
CadCrazy

CadCrazy

in search of myself
I have ICICI bank credit. They say the due date is 52 days after purchase without tax. Is it so ????? I mean i have to pay entire amount within 52 days fro m the day of purchase or they have some billing period. One of my friend was taxed even if he paid the amt before 52 days

casanova

The Frozen Nova
Most banks have a pay period of 17-52 days. i.e; lets say their billing cycle is from 1 July to 21 August then you will get 52 days to pay if you purchase on 1 July, but if u purchase on 31 July, you will get only 21 days to pay it.

Read this in my Citibank credit card documentation. I think banks are now revising this. (HSBC, ICICI, ABN agents said this)

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
^^^

In my case My CitiBank Sents a Bill with Due date of 15 to 20 days from the bill date !!

:)

if my bill date is 20th of a month the due date is 7th or 11th of the Next month :)

casanova

The Frozen Nova
I think these are various schemes. It seems you are having this card since quite long.
Regarding the 17-52 days billing cycle of Citibank, it was as of in July 2006.
Fixed 52 day cycle - recent update

Ask them for a fixed 52 days bill date as others are now providing or you might think about a change. Getting credit cards is easier than finding a nice software. ;)

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
^^^

Well I have web acceess like every one ... so not much of a problem, if any payment made, I get notification on email and I can stay in touch using the Web Access panel to see the bills and dates and make one payment using Bank of India or State Bank of India Savings account Net banking :)

casanova

The Frozen Nova
But getting extra payment time is great.

Another offer said by an ICICI agent. If you take a ICICI credit card, you can transfer your credit of one card (say HSBC) to ICICI. This will give you 104 days to pay it. WOW

I haven't indulged into using my credit card. Citibank card is barred by now I think. Waiting for my HSBC card and will soon take a ICICI card as well.

OP
CadCrazy

CadCrazy

in search of myself
Choto Cheeta said:

I talked to icici bank cc executive but they refused to increse the credit limit even if deposite extra amt in my credit card before purchase. Any other way plz help me

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
jugnu_009 said:
I talked to icici bank cc executive but they refused to increse the credit limit even if deposite extra amt in my credit card before purchase. Any other way plz help me

u asked the Wrong question...

let me frase that out...

You : Hello, Please tell me What is my spending Limit in my Card ??
CC : Sir, Its Rs. 17000/-

You : When I have not out standing bill If I deposite Rs. 20,000/- What will happen ??
CC : Listen to his/her answer (Most likelly he/she will reply it will be credited to your account)

You : Now tell me, Right now I have 17,000/- so I cant buy a product costing Rs. 25,000/- Right ??
CC : Right u cant sir...

You : So tell me, if I deposit on my card account Rs. 10,000/- Right now, and I dont have any out standing Bill, will i be able to buy that Item of 25,000/- ???
CC : Listen to his/her answer (Most likely u will be put on hold :lol: but later on reply will come, listen to that)

thank you..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom