Votes: 17 23.3%
  • I'll think about it

Votes: 21 28.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GigaHeartz

Off the beaten track
yes.. but before buying it i want my 4-5k back which i wasted on ms vista trash which was bundled with my laptop which got stomped down by the virut virus.. microsoft give my money back first..!
if not ready, i have other options.. gopi bhai are u listening?

iBot

Right off the assembly line
Win7 is the future. It is definitely a must buy, you can't remain stuck with XP forever, can you? Win7 has got some great innovations like the superbar (taskbar), Jump lists, etc.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^no update yet from microsoft India. Called yesterday and got same reply "pricing not yet confirmed. will be announed on 22nd October".

calanor

Right off the assembly line
first you buy vista and then to escape from the demon you buy windows 7 :grin:
which by the way is only slightly superior to vista
*www.pcworld.com/article/172509/windows_7_performance_tests.html
i think if you have vista stick with it,i won't suggest xp because of all the security reasons you could think.
Or you may try (if you are not in hardcore gaming)
ubuntu 9.10 *blogs.zdnet.com/perlow/?p=11218
or opensuse 11.2 *blogs.zdnet.com/perlow/?p=11243
and save some cash ;-)

F

fullcracked

Re: Lenovo ideapad y550 or dell studio xps 13

Re: Lenovo ideapad y550 or dell studio xps 13
Plz help out

Okay people, the baby is out today. I want to use my Hotmail account to buy Windows 7 online this time. I'm going for the Ultimate Edition. I am probably gonna order tonight with the next day delivery option. What do you people say? Are they reliable with the 'next day delivery' thing?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
win7 ultimate x86 retail one costs 11.8k and home premium costs 6.8k.

biggest no is for home basic which costs around 5.8k

Sunny, my pick would be the gotostore-pickup-runaway :)

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
@fullcracked: Got a Dell XPS in October 2008 for INR 67000, the warranty expired this September 2009. And guess what the laptop is not booting this October. Called Dell support and after diagnosis, they say I have to shell out INR 14000 to replace the faulty motherboard. Man, Dell and nVidia both knew their graphics chip is imperfect and I am paying the price now. Should have listened to my friend who adviced me against the nVidia chip based computers. I am feeling sorry now for not listening.

I would say, If you are buying from Dell, make sure you spend a little more and get an extended warranty.

Krow

Crowman
Better get x64, what say?
+1
[/QUOTE]
+1000 for the runaway part. :lol:
@fullcracked: Got a Dell XPS in October 2008 for INR 67000, the warranty expired this September 2009. And guess what the laptop is not booting this October. Called Dell support and after diagnosis, they say I have to shell out INR 14000 to replace the faulty motherboard. Man, Dell and nVidia both knew their graphics chip is imperfect and I am paying the price now. Should have listened to my friend who adviced me against the nVidia chip based computers. I am feeling sorry now for not listening.

I would say, If you are buying from Dell, make sure you spend a little more and get an extended warranty.
AFAIK, Dell ships with only ATI GPU's nowadays.

Okay people, the baby is out today. I want to use my Hotmail account to buy Windows 7 online this time. I'm going for the Ultimate Edition. I am probably gonna order tonight with the next day delivery option. What do you people say? Are they reliable with the 'next day delivery' thing?
Get Ultimate x64 edition. Its the best buy if you are shelling out so much anyway.

there are no explicit variations for 32 and 64 bit, there is common dvd for both, according to your h/w you can install what you want, however where are the prices from, I dont see them on m/s site:-?
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
the prices are here - *www.priceindia.in/software/microsoft-windows-7-home-premium-price/

there is negligible difference of price between pro and ultimate:roll:

Last edited:

No store around here has Windows 7 yet. Isn't the online way alright? And yeah I'm gonna buy Ultimate retail edition which contains both 32 and 64 bit versions.

Just checked out...it's only for US citizens:(

i thought of getting it but when i installed Win 7 Upgrade advisor it said that my KIS09(fully retail one) is not supported which is a major setback as who will protect me in Win7. i still have 299 days to go till subscription ends. :-( Just don't know what to do.

Krow

Crowman
i thought of getting it but when i installed Win 7 Upgrade advisor it said that my KIS09(fully retail one) is not supported which is a major setback as who will protect me in Win7. i still have 299 days to go till subscription ends. :-( Just don't know what to do.
Use AVG Free and don't do stupid things online. I have been doing this and no viruses/attacks for the past 2 years.

Use AVG Free and don't do stupid things online. I have been doing this and no viruses/attacks for the past 2 years.
Normally don't do stupid things online except those torrent sites like PB. ok then i'll get it and have a dual boot with Vista and 7 and kick XP...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom