To All those who have replied to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

testergt

Right off the assembly line
Okay, here is the detailed problem.
1)
My keyboard doesnt work untill the winxp(default) starts and checks for numlock lights. i hope u got me. For this reason i cannot go to BIoS or jump to fedora core.
2)
I am the administrator. msconfig etc doesnt work. i have tried to go to winfolder to execute it but no avail.
3)
When i browse the net the browsers displays only for first few mins. then 'page cannot be displayed'.

Solutions i have tried with no avail.
1) set up a new partiiton of xp to browse the net of course to post this reply and download new virus signatures for avg antivirus.
2) Scanned computer with avg, Tds , wormguard but no avail.

my default os is windoes xp service pack 2. 1.8 ghz comp , 256 mb ram, nvidita tnt 32 mb graphics.

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
Possible solution for 1:

you have the keyboard lock enabled in ur bios. It is a security option that alows you to boot ur pc into the os but keep in inaccessable without the password. it requires u to enter a password to enable the keyboard.

Unfortunately it was for DOS only and windows somehow resets the keyboard controller or something.

I recommed you to reset/update ur bios (remove the batter or something) if u dont remember the password.

donno abt other could be virus etc. reinstall XP

sakumar79

Technomancer
1. Is your keyboard using PS/2 or USB to connect or is it wireless? If it is not PS/2, try to connect a PS/2 KB to the computer and see what happens.
If your keyboard is USB, use a PS/2 KB to enter BIOS and set "Enable/disable USB host controller" and/or "Enable/disable legacy USB support" to Enable. Even if it is a PS/2 Keyboard that you have, try to use a different keyboard and see if it works...

2. Never tried this before, but make a copy of msconfig.exe from the system folder and rename it and then try to execute the copy... If viruses/spyware are blocking the executable. Further details at *windowsxp.mvps.org/ToolsQuit.htm

3. What service are you using? (Dialup or broadband, and name of ISP) Also, please post a list of Antivirus, Antispyware, Antispam, Firewall, popup blockers, etc software that you have running in the background. If you have managed to solve 1 and 2, try connecting after that and see if the problem goes away... Also, try pinging and ftping sites to see if it is http only or general net connectiong that is having problems... At *www.dshield.org/pipermail/unisog/2004-February/006805.php there is a discussion that removing port blocking on the computer worked. Try that also.

Arun

sakumar79

Technomancer
For problem 3, also check out the problem (and possible solution in the last entry) at *www.xpforum.co.uk/forum/archive.ph...-internet-connection-after-a-few-minutes.html

Arun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom