to all geeks... there is a problem in my IBM laptop...

Status
Not open for further replies.

thinktwice

Broken In

there is a problem in my IBM laptop model no NQ7 ....n the prob is tht somtimes when there is power cut it hangs n nothing can b done after tht EXCEPT shutting it down!!!!!
it also happens when it is on battery n then power comes back!!!!
this prob occurs ocassionally (2 out of 10 times)
so plz suggest the solution....
is it due to hardware or software or in win XP or it is due to some virus!!!!
or it is a defected piece.....

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
I guess its a Driver problem. I had seen some where on the net about similar problem.xp's power managment feature might be the problem nay way try to update the drivers and look for some patches.

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
I sometimes would have this problem when I was using DataOne. My laptop would hang when the power went out. I'm guessing it was DataOne causing it because my laptop never gave me any problems if the power went out when I was not using DataOne. If you are using DataOne or a similar service, try and see if you have the same problem without the service on. Just stop using the internet and turn off power to the laptop and see if it still locks up.

OP
T

thinktwice

Broken In
hi

Nemesis said:
I sometimes would have this problem when I was using DataOne. My laptop would hang when the power went out. I'm guessing it was DataOne causing it because my laptop never gave me any problems if the power went out when I was not using DataOne. If you are using DataOne or a similar service, try and see if you have the same problem without the service on. Just stop using the internet and turn off power to the laptop and see if it still locks up.
wht is dataone???

kaustav_geek

1337 |)00|) \m/
Dataone is BSNL's broadband service.And the problem can be due to your power managment settings.Get your windows updated by the latest AutoPatcher Xp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom