theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Titanfall is an upcoming first-person shooter video game developed by Respawn Entertainment and published by Electronic Arts as an exclusive for Microsoft Windows, Xbox 360, and Xbox One. The game was officially announced as Respawn's debut game at Microsoft's E3 2013 press conference, and is scheduled for release on March 11, 2014.
In Titanfall, players fight in online multiplayer-only matches set on a war-torn planet as mech-style Titans and their pilots. Its action is fast-paced, including abilities to run on walls and hijack mechs, and extended periods between player deaths. Respawn describes the game as bringing "scale, verticality, and story" to first-person shooter multiplayer gaming, incorporating elements traditionally used in single-player campaigns. The game uses Microsoft's cloud computing services to offload non-player activity to servers and optimize the home computer for graphical performance.
The game won over 60 awards at its E3 2013 reveal, including a record-breaking six E3 Critics Awards, and Best of Show from several media outlets. It also won official awards at Gamescom and the Tokyo Game Show. Many reviewers predicted Titanfall to be the next step for the first-person shooter genre, and IGN's Ryan McCaffrey declared the game "Microsoft's killer app".

Cool,anyone signed up for beta yet?

HE-MAN

Ambassador of Buzz
i did received the invite but the total download was like 9gb which would have taken ages on my 512kbps bsnl.

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
Played it. Felt like a CoD clone with mechs. Gun handling and physics are full on CoD. Good thing I bought BF4 when I was thinking of buying this instead of BF4 before the Black Friday deal.

true_lies

Ambassador of Buzz
Even the pricing has gone CoD way. Rs 3500 on Flipkart on pre-order. Would have wanted it to be around Rs 1000 or Rs 1500 max on PC.
Thief on the other hand is Rs 1000 on Flipkart on pre-order.

HE-MAN

Ambassador of Buzz
Played it. Felt like a CoD clone with mechs. Gun handling and physics are full on CoD. Good thing I bought BF4 when I was thinking of buying this instead of BF4 before the Black Friday deal.

that is expected since its ex infinity ward people who made titanfall

- - - Updated - - -

Even the pricing has gone CoD way. Rs 3500 on Flipkart on pre-order. Would have wanted it to be around Rs 1000 or Rs 1500 max on PC.
Thief on the other hand is Rs 1000 on Flipkart on pre-order.

blame that on ea they now price pc games same as xbox 360 and ps3

tkin

Back to school!!
Won't buy it, 3.5k for a game, have they gone nuts? Price games according to our incomes, a guy who does a job like me gets 20 times or more in USA, so price games at $3, hell I can even spend $15 on a game, not a penny more. If they want to play hardball, let them.

Last edited:
OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Exactly,3.5k For a game of probably 10 hours?It's just too much for anyone + I'm sure it will have 1000s of bugs

tkin

Back to school!!
Exactly,3.5k For a game of probably 10 hours?It's just too much for anyone + I'm sure it will have 1000s of bugs
Yeah, then there's that, we have pi$$ poor net connection here, not enough to play MP, that's why games like Mass Effect 2 or Fallout can command a 2k like price, but 10hrs, bleh.

OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
One more point,Then they come out with a dlc which costs more than 500 bucks :/... all developers esp EA should learn from CD projekt

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
Yeah, then there's that, we have pi$$ poor net connection here, not enough to play MP, that's why games like Mass Effect 2 or Fallout can command a 2k like price, but 10hrs, bleh.

First of all, is this the first time u saw a price tag of such pricing?? Wasnt BF4 proced similarly?? On the flip side, this game unlike BF4 (not the buggy one we got but the BF4 we expected it to be) isnt worth a dime.

I played the beta and so I can tell its passable and so much worthless.

PS:: After watching the trailer in E3 I was planning to skip BF4 for this game. Thankgod I dint do it.

Regarding the b/w, there are so many private providers now offering good speeds and pings with affordable prices, try them.

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
Never Underestimate the exclusive titles :p . Good choice is to wait for reviews and buy it during summer sale . Currently it sell for 38$ in origin MX , with 50% off ( hopefully in summer) price will come out to be around 1.2k .

- - - Updated - - -

Will it have any kind of SP campaign or is it a MP only game?

There is a game mode which will have many SP element .

Maps:
Angel City (Map Set One)
Fracture (Map Set Two)
Colony
Relic
Airbase
Boneyard
Corporate
Outpost 207
Lagoon
Rise
Smugglers Cove
Overlook
Nexus
O2
Training Grounds

Game Modes:
AT - Attrition?
TDM - Team Deathmatch?
CTF - Capture the Flag?
LTS - Last Titan Standing?
HP- Hardpoint Capture?
VM - Variety Mode (a mix of all the other modes listed, sans campaign)
Campaign Multiplayer

Pilot / Titan Perks:
auto_eject - Auto Eject
build_up_nuclear_core - Nuclear Ejection
dash_recharge
dead_mans_trigger
defensive_core
doomed_time - Survivor
enhanced_titan_ai
fast_reload - Fast Autoloader
hyper_core
icepick
longer_bubble - Dome Shield Battery
marathon_core
minimap_ai - Minion Detector
ordnance_pack - Explosive Pack
power_cell - Power Cell
run_and_gun
shield_regen - Regen Booster
stealth_movement
titan_punch
turbo_drop - Warpfall Transmitter
wall_runner - Enhanced Parkour kit
Pilot / Titan Ordinances:
arc_grenade
bubble_shield
cloak
cluster_rocket
frag_grenade
heal
homing_rockets
proximity_mine
satchel charge
salvo_rockets
shoulder_rockets
smoke
sonar
vortex
Pilot / Titan Weapons:
p2011
p2011sp
p2011_auto
w1128
r97
b3wing
rspn101_carbine
m1a1_hemlok
lmg_hemlok
g2a4
car101
rspn101
at_rifle
rspn101_dmr
SMR
satchel_charge
data_knife
titan_vortex_blocker
xotbr16
thr_40mm
caber_shot
proximity_detonator
frag_grenade
defender_charge
shoulder_rocket
sentry_turret
auto_rocket_launcher
titan_triple_threat
titan_rocket_pod
titan_arc_rifle
titan_sniper_rifle
titan_shotgun

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
Titanfall Pre-Load is up on Origin, Download Size is 49.99 GB - Behind Games - Gaming News

Good luck downloading that. I don't even think the game's worth 50 gigs.

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
Titanfall Pre-Load is up on Origin, Download Size is 49.99 GB - Behind Games - Gaming News

Good luck downloading that. I don't even think the game's worth 50 gigs.

Actually size is 20gb which decompress to 45 gb . Orgin always show data size not install size. This the reason people get 3x downloading speed when downloading from origin and they hapily 'show of' their download speed on fb forgetting that origin is fooling them :p

Top Bottom