Time travel

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
i recently saw the movie CONTACT... in the last scene where jodie foster goes into space and returns back she sees the present earth...shouldn't it be the future?

Warning: spoiler alert for the movie Contact.

The way Contact ends is very ambiguous. It Carries with itself two possibilities.
First is that she may have gone to future and then returned back to the same point in time that she left.
Or that the time was freezed, while she was busy in traveling to other universes.

First one is more likely to be true since if you have noticed the cam which was with Jodie foster recorded a static of the duration of time for which she traveled. Which means she did traveled some where and was not dreaming.

sygeek

Technomancer
Warning: spoiler alert for the movie Contact.

The way Contact ends is very ambiguous. It Carries with itself two possibilities.
First is that she may have gone to future and then returned back to the same point in time that she left.
Or that the time was freezed, while she was busy in traveling to other universes.

First one is more likely to be true since if you have noticed the cam which was with Jodie foster recorded a static of the duration of time for which she traveled. Which means she did traveled some where and was not dreaming.
sounds like inception. Also, that was a movie, it doesn't prove anything.

Last edited:

mrintech

Technomancer
good thread :)

suppose time travel is possible after 100 years, than people from that time can travel to THEIR past and future

Maybe they traveled back to present time i.e. today... maybe they are roaming with/around us.... maybe they are helping people or are behind douchebaggery concepts/initiations like war, SOPA etc.

All we need is to find these people (if possible) and ask them how they built time machine. if we are able to build the time machine in 1 year, than we will be able to travel back and forth in time.

And may be some of us, tells people from our PAST how to build a time Machine? So, overall there will be NO Exact date when the time machine is/was built, unless someone tells the truth

:D

P.S. I don't know WTF I just wrote :-O

Time travel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

RahulB

Journeyman
Time Travel: Quite Possible...

Well theoretically it is possible, it is particularly proven that you can travel into the future, by using simple techniques

Build a space track around earth and make a train or space craft to go around it at the speed of light or little slower than that... Time for inhabitants inside the train slows down, ie. they hardly age... After few weeks when the train stops they find that time on earth has flown faster than on the train so in one way they have travelled to the future... The same effect is observed if you somehow find a way accelerate and revolve a ship around a black hole... It is simple physics really.. ofcourse how will you accelerate a object to the speed of light is another matter...

Traveling back in time... that is something I have no clue about ... how that is possible.. in traditional maths and science i find no answer.... maybe exotic concepts like wormholes capable of transporting matter back in time.......

or I have a solution: Make friends with Marty McFly and Doc Brown.. :))

abhidev

Human Spambot
good thread :)

suppose time travel is possible after 100 years, than people from that time can travel to THEIR past and future

Maybe they traveled back to present time i.e. today... maybe they are roaming with/around us.... maybe they are helping people or are behind douchebaggery concepts/initiations like war, SOPA etc.

All we need is to find these people (if possible) and ask them how they built time machine. if we are able to build the time machine in 1 year, than we will be able to travel back and forth in time.

And may be some of us, tells people from our PAST how to build a time Machine? So, overall there will be NO Exact date when the time machine is/was built, unless someone tells the truth

:D

P.S. I don't know WTF I just wrote :-O

Time travel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

hahhahaaa....good one...but now m actually thinking if time machine will ever be built in future...people living in our time may actually be from the future :shock:...in the same way shown in Terminator where Arnold is sent back in time to protect John connor

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
^^all our past data will be stored in ROM or RAM or may be a Giant HDD so that we can go back in Time & correct the errors what we did...lolz :rofl:

@cyber: Time Travel is just a fanstasy which inspires Hollywood Directors to make such movies....
no machine or anything will allow us to travel back & forth in time..& I m 1000% sure abt that..

R2K

In the Zone
^^all our past data will be stored in ROM or RAM or may be a Giant HDD so that we can go back in Time & correct the errors what we did...lolz :rofl:

@cyber: Time Travel is just a fanstasy which inspires Hollywood Directors to make such movies....
no machine or anything will allow us to travel back & forth in time..& I m 1000% sure abt that..

Me too think it is impossible and ridiculous but many of the stuff you find and use these days were not even imaginable before 1000+ years.
There is no limit for human intelligence and greed....
It might be possible one day to travel back and forth time....
Maybe on a virtual basis like you said with those ridiculously huge storage devices ;). :D ... BUT if that really happens, i think by that time human beings will no longer be human beings but just machines

Last edited:

Zangetsu

Time Machine (Mac OS) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You can "go back in time" and restore the old file. ;)

Hmm...digital world vs Real World ;-)

There is no limit for human intelligence and greed....
It might be possible one day to travel back and forth time....

I agree on human intelligence..the No.1 in the whole universe :cool:
but that day will never come as Time Machine...
we can only dream of it in reality....

for more info watch India TV :lol:

sygeek

Technomancer
Please stop the noobfest. No jokes, stupid references or completely illogical science fiction.

Neo

Time travel is possible if, somehow,we can enter the Wormhole. But that is too small. Maybe somehow it can engulf us or ....whatever.

adityagupta

Broken In
We can't tell that time travelling is not possible........our understanding of the universe (physics and maths) is still veryyyyy less.....

Zangetsu

So, u all see this is time travel adityagupta has gone to past and woke up the dead thread from 2012 :silly_NF:

Top Bottom