time taken for writing dvd...

Status
Not open for further replies.

manmay

Journeyman
hi all

jus got a new sony dru 810
m using writex dvds 8 x dvd-r
although i select 8 x for writing it takes abt 15 mins for a complete dvd writing.
my rig is
amd 64 3000+ msi rs480m2 512 mb 80gb sata hitachi+80gb pata seagate.

also i'm using nero 7
it shows the actual speed of writing.....but ti never exceeds 4.2x ideally it should take 8-9 mins for 1 dvd 8x 4.4 gigs.

how long does it take in yours....
is there some prob ...that can be solved...

tia
manmay

geekysage

Journeyman
Writing speed depends a lot on the media you use. Use better media such as Verbatim, TDK, Sony, etc. and you should get better speeds.

I have a BenQ 1640 and it takes about 10 minutes to burn a Verbatim 8x DVD-R.

shivaranjan.b

In the zone
What brand of DVD's are you using?? Use only good branded one's...
As told by Qwertymaniac if do some hard disk intensive tasks while burning your DVD's then the burning may be slow.

Regards...

OP
M

manmay

Journeyman
i have tried turning off all the background activities , with no change in speeds...
and more over i have noticed that even if i do some heavy work along with the dvd burning for eg: converting movies into divx (in below normal or low priority mode)..along with the antivirus (avast) runing in background....the speed does not change even a little bit.....the total time taken is 15-16 mins....

i sure will try using a moser baer dvd or a sony one and then i'll see....but still cant see speed increase of 2 times on the way ahead....

gauravsaini

Broken In
i have burn writex dvd-r 4.7 GB with my hp dvd writer dvd635i in just under 9 minutes.there is no problem with media becoz i have write sony dvd-r in same time.

g_goyal2000

Youngling
You need to have the Sony drive set as master of the secondary channel with no other drive connected. Also use the EIDE cable that came with the Sony drive, not one from your system. Then you need to get any BIOS and Motherboard updates from your PC manufacturer and any Windows updates from Microsoft, including the latest Version of Direct X which should be 9.0C.

I have a DRU-800A. My writer writes a 8x 4.5gb DVD-R in 7:00-7:30 minutes. I have written MoserBaer, BenQ, etc with same speeds & time successfully.

shyam911

Journeyman
I guess a lot of factors could affect it. I have a LG dvd burner and the speeds differ from time to time... A packed 4.5GB disk takes 7-9 minutes sometimes and upto 12-15 minutes otherwise.

I have tried various suggestions and the results till vary

legolas

Padawan
manmay said:
hi all

also i'm using nero 7
manmay

it took me 12-15 mins for me to burn a 4.7GB 8x dvd using nero 7! i switched back to nero 6 and it writes in 7-9 minutes... i dont know whats the problem... what i think is that when i burnt using nero 7, it took 250 MB of my memory!!! usage was 250 MB... and in nero hardly does it takes > 50 MB... so i think nero 7 demands a relatively high RAM or watever for it to operate good?? my theory! :D btw mine is a p4 865 intel chipset with 512 ddr. wat abt ppl who hav >= 1G ram? do they get written at good speeds using nero 7?

/legolas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom