Time for android

red dragon

Master troll
I am planning to buy an android mobile,currently using HD2,please suggest a suitable upgrade,budget 25k +/- 2k.

duh

Broken In
N900, you can install android on a SDCard and boot off android albeit few drivers are missing, yet yet yet.
go for it.
and you can even try windows embedded trial 120 days, its in the M$, give it a try.
n900, my pick, my reco.

OP
red dragon

red dragon

Master troll
^^Thanks buddy,I can install android on a sd card and dual boot with winmo in HD2 too.I am looking for some upgrade,N900 seems to be a downgrade.Was thinking of GalaxyS.Or shall I wait for the next droid?

sakumar79

Technomancer
HTC Legend is a good choice for 25k I think and Motorola Milestone and Samsung Galaxy S are two other alternatives (if you stretch budget a bit)

Arun

amitabhishek

Bad to the bone
Buy Motorola only if you are not into hacking/cracking else consider HTC or better still Nexus One.

In HTC; Incredible is a good option.

duh

Broken In
Buy Motorola only if you are not into hacking/cracking else consider HTC or better still Nexus One.

like what kind of hacking/cracking?
oh i been blowing motherboard and routers since 2003 [i am the best programmer :-D, what else can i say? ;-) i learn from those reversible mistakes, else i get it replaced when under warranty when its a total FUBAR :-D]

and @red dragon
downgrade? as in hardware wise? yes i use a sloppy SE from 2004, andoid phones can run well and so does winmo too. no doubt. but if you are looking for a better ARM CPU from TI i guess its then some samsung phone, with 1 gig CPU and n900 is 600 MHZ, well, still good enough for me, i will happily rot in the # id
uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root)
i.e. shell hell
why would you call it a downgrade if its not a hardware issue? you can customise your OS.
well, more than n900? my eyes are on openmoko v4 the next release. a real true genuine FOSS phone. but in india its damn expensive and openmoko neo1973 freerunner doesnt have 3g, suckers!!!!!!! else i would have gone for it.

sujoyp

Grand Master
I think u have one of the best mobile right now....just have patience and wait for dual core cpu (1.3ghz,1.5ghz)and other high end specs :p

duh

Broken In

I think u have one of the best mobile right now....just have patience and wait for dual core cpu (1.3ghz,1.5ghz)and other high end specs :p

k750i?
dude? you are missing the wound by 3 inches in the left and you are aiming 3 inches right ;-), aim the muzzle and fire in more salt in my wound. what more can i console myself with other than?
wait for an invitation for n900.
IIRC android 3.x's min req will be 1.5 gigs more the merrier, even if i take moore's law? we are still far away from a coherent user:device interaction.
well, lets see. i got c734tu, dv6-1111au, a200, a933tu, ds 15, i have these laptops, but i still use c734tu, 1.8 gigs. and it does my work better than any. other lappys are tucked in cover eating dust.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

Best of all suggestions. Why do you want to go for another mobile whn you have HD2? Just wait till end of this year atleast. You will find some really stunning Android phones.

---------- Post added at 05:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 PM ----------

k750i?
dude? you are missing the wound by 3 inches in the left and you are aiming 3 inches right ;-), aim the muzzle and fire in more salt in my wound. what more can i console myself with other than?
wait for an invitation for n900.
IIRC android 3.x's min req will be 1.5 gigs more the merrier, even if i take moore's law? we are still far away from a coherent user:device interaction.
well, lets see. i got c734tu, dv6-1111au, a200, a933tu, ds 15, i have these laptops, but i still use c734tu, 1.8 gigs. and it does my work better than any. other lappys are tucked in cover eating dust.

FYI, that minimum requirement for Android 3.0 was a plain rumor.

OP
red dragon

red dragon

Master troll
Thank you all,actually my sister loves the hd2 and I may give it to her,so was thinking of another phone BTW what is duh talking about?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Thank you all,actually my sister loves the hd2 and I may give it to her,so was thinking of another phone BTW what is duh talking about?

official channels:

Samsung Galaxy S
HTC Legend
Motorola Milestone

unofficial/no-support:

HTC Desire
Google Nexus One

and just ignore that guy duh. Another FOSS guy :)

PS HTC Legend with ROM greater than 1.31 is unrootable and is not possible to downgrade the ROM too. so, no rooting and no custom ROMs for now.

sujoyp

Grand Master
I think Samsung Galaxy S have slightly higher specs and much better graphic performance then HD2...U should consider it:razz:

Remaining all r like bit downgrade.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
@OP

You have a good enough fone. Save money and wait for 4-5 months more.

k750i?
sujoyp's reply was intended for the OP as the OP currently owns a HTC HD2. [the OP's signature] :facepalm:

Last edited:
OP
red dragon

red dragon

Master troll
OK,I will wait.I will give the HD2 to my sis and use the old 5800 for 3-4 months.Thank you guys for your wise suggestions.

duh

Broken In
"and just ignore that guy duh. Another FOSS guy :smile:"
i feel so warm and comfortable when someone helps me save my energy by ignoring me. 1 joules of energy saved is 1 joules of energy not wasted on, than rant.
and @others,
so what can i do? if i am a cheap stinky b@$t@rd, sorry. i am not spending too much, when i can easily get a cheaper handset and i can order the CPU from stores and i can get a SMD done on it. i dont see the need for something which i dont need.
i dont need a highest end CPU, because at times multitasking takes a deadly toll.
and besides i want a damn shell in the terminal, so? why will i need all super duper fancy nancy apps to decorate up? when i can ssh into a powerful desktop and i can do it, there by i can save the battery life also.
having 1000 gazallion makes your phone snazzy and snappy, but at the same time rapes your phone and battery too. viz wifi, when i can just ssh and a thin client up, low battery usage and same satisfaction.
well just my way of doing things wrong. YMMV.
thanks.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
"and just ignore that guy duh. Another FOSS guy :smile:"
i feel so warm and comfortable when someone helps me save my energy by ignoring me. 1 joules of energy saved is 1 joules of energy not wasted on, than rant.
and @others,
so what can i do? if i am a cheap stinky b@$t@rd, sorry. i am not spending too much, when i can easily get a cheaper handset and i can order the CPU from stores and i can get a SMD done on it. i dont see the need for something which i dont need.
i dont need a highest end CPU, because at times multitasking takes a deadly toll.
and besides i want a damn shell in the terminal, so? why will i need all super duper fancy nancy apps to decorate up? when i can ssh into a powerful desktop and i can do it, there by i can save the battery life also.
having 1000 gazallion makes your phone snazzy and snappy, but at the same time rapes your phone and battery too. viz wifi, when i can just ssh and a thin client up, low battery usage and same satisfaction.
well just my way of doing things wrong. YMMV.
thanks.
Actually you are a very nice guy. :p But you tend to deviate from the topic and use a lot of words to convey a small message. :) Lets not be off-topic now.

duh

Broken In
Actually you are a very nice guy. :p But you tend to deviate from the topic and use a lot of words to convey a small message. :) Lets not be off-topic now.

sorry mate, i apologize, for my outburst. i really doubt, if this guy has ever hacked. if he hacked or knew something he would have done some good research.
i agree android is good and nice, but this chap is all strangling my neck with his android where i got a variety of phones. and secondly there is a negative side of it too. just because you hold an android with a "Mr. Kewl" attitude doesnt help solve issues.
most android phone gives no repair manual. so if i screw it up? while making my custom firmware? i get a brick. reason "custom software/firmware = warranty void"
if i cant customise my firmware why will i go for it?
give me a reason and i buy it. android is no doubt good. but i want a phone which is KISS. keep it simple,safe. i dont need too many tools there by wasting up space and processing power.
think of how much power wifi uses as against bluetooth. so? before you just blind folded do something, do a negative research also. i am using this k750i since 2006 and this phone still works like a horse.
damn andriod. i will issue "wipe -crfi ~/dev/andriod" becuase i got major wussies here. because there are other alternatives.
and android doesnt support much of grsec. thanks.

Top Bottom