Tikona(4 Mbps 80GB 1250/-) vs Local provider(2Mbps Unlimited)

deepanshuchg

Ambassador of Buzz
Tikona:
4 Mbps
80GB
Rs: 1250/-

Local provider:
2Mbps Unlimited

I am confused between the two due to negative reviews of Tikona spread all over Internet. My usage will be around 70GB, so I am getting double speed on Tikona for Rs.100 less. Which one will be better? Should I give a try to Tikona?

Also someone from my area told me that Tikona broadband used to works fine for him. Now that guy has shifted so I have no knowledge about current situation in my area.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Would advise to go with 2 mbps unlimited if its without FUP crap.

80 GB would be consumed within 46 hours (little under 2 days) if you get 4 mbps constant speed. Then you'll be stuck with 512 kbps crap.

Last edited:
OP
D

deepanshuchg

Ambassador of Buzz
Would advise to go with 2 mbps unlimited if its without FPU crap.

80 GB would be consumed within 46 hours (little under 2 days) if you get 4 mbps constant speed. Then you'll be stuck with 512 kbps crap.

Yeah but that would not be the case. As I mentioned I won't be able to use more than 70GB. I will use it for basic surfing and sometimes downloading movie so FUP won't be an issue for me. Still should I go for Local provider?

Indeed. Tikona is a fraud, just a market gimmick, 2mbps without fup in 1.5k seems a great deal.
Did you had any personal experience with them? Because I have inquired a bit and got some surprisingly positive response from few known people who are using it for last few months.

Yeah but that would not be the case. As I mentioned I won't be able to use more than 70GB. I will use it for basic surfing and sometimes downloading movie so FUP won't be an issue for me. Still should I go for Local provider?

Did you had any personal experience with them? Because I have inquired a bit and got some surprisingly positive response from few known people who are using it for last few months.
No I don't have personal experiences, but I have a lot crap about them, there's a thread here, blacklisting tikona as an provider.

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent
I have Tikona 4 mbps till 50 GB 512 kbps post fup.

I don't have other options rather than BSNL so Tikona.

From last 1 year very good service but bit pricey.

OP
D

deepanshuchg

Ambassador of Buzz
Today Tikona service men visited my home and BANG, Tikona broadband is not accessible at my home due to low terrace so the roof top device cant be placed anywhere.

So I will be going for 2Mbps plan @1350 without any FUP.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Disconnected from tikona on 5 may, haven't received any legal notice yet

Many of my friends have very bad experiences with Tikona here in Hyderabad so never go with it. Dont worry about any Legal Notice as I will PM you a Legal Notice if you really want to send them theterminator

PS: Just give me some simple facts about your tikona case so that I can PM you a Legal Notice buddy.OK.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Many of my friends have very bad experiences with Tikona here in Hyderabad so never go with it. Dont worry about any Legal Notice as I will PM you a Legal Notice if you really want to send them theterminator

PS: Just give me some simple facts about your tikona case so that I can PM you a Legal Notice buddy.OK.

I used it for 3 years then finally switched to bsnl, though tikona was cheaper compared to this but it sucked in CRM

gemini90

Journeyman
[MENTION=105611]bssunilreddy[/MENTION] What kind of legal notice from tikona were you talking about? I too am going to drop it this month, should i expect one?

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
@bssunilreddy What kind of legal notice from tikona were you talking about? I too am going to drop it this month, should i expect one?

If you drop from using Airtel or Tikona Broadband services they will send a Legal Notice so as to frighten us to keep on using those broadband's or make us pay for leaving them. So in the 1st place one need's to stay away from such organizations. If anybody needs any Legal help like a Legal Notice I might help was I telling there.

gemini90

Journeyman
[MENTION=105611]bssunilreddy[/MENTION] Then I may need help if they try that trick with me, likely given their shitty responses to customers. I heard that they usually take away the poe device and then impose a penalty saying we have not given it back. And that they have no record contrary to their statement. I plan to video the whole process to deal with that trick.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
@bssunilreddy Then I may need help if they try that trick with me, likely given their shitty responses to customers. I heard that they usually take away the poe device and then impose a penalty saying we have not given it back. And that they have no record contrary to their statement. I plan to video the whole process to deal with that trick.

You also need written confirmation if you are going to change your broadband and return the modem as well.

gemini90

Journeyman
[MENTION=105611]bssunilreddy[/MENTION] Written confirmation and Request number from Customer representative or the guy who comes to collect the modem?

gemini90

Journeyman
[MENTION=105611]bssunilreddy[/MENTION] Tikona is creating problems with disconnection. I called them 2 days back for this purpose. They gave me a confirmation no. and said the relevant dept. will call me within 24 hrs. When I did not receive any call, I called the technical wing again. This time they made me wait for 15min before taking my call. And said retention wing will call. And today, they are just not picking up my call at all. And when i called them with my friend's mobile, they replied immediately. What should i do?

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent
[MENTION=105611]bssunilreddy[/MENTION] Tikona is creating problems with disconnection. I called them 2 days back for this purpose. They gave me a confirmation no. and said the relevant dept. will call me within 24 hrs. When I did not receive any call, I called the technical wing again. This time they made me wait for 15min before taking my call. And said retention wing will call. And today, they are just not picking up my call at all. And when i called them with my friend's mobile, they replied immediately. What should i do?

Complain to akosha

gemini90

Journeyman
[MENTION=266361]kunalgujarathi[/MENTION] My net is seriously slow for last 1 month. Either that or it does not work at all. I will try Akosha tomorrow at cafe but I plan to change my room soon. Tikona can go **** themselves for all i care. They are not responding even to paid calls.

Top Bottom