Tight Budget Core i7

Status
Not open for further replies.

bozx

Broken In
Hello to all of yo...........:p:p:p

I am planed for building a system for almost every thing i like.Which i m likely to buy within 2/3 days (Bangalore SP Road)

And most of it i have made a configuration for the same after reading at many places and here in the forum also.
My Budget is fixed at 55,000 (May Be a bit flexible but not much)

Specs

Core i7 920
Msi X58 Pro
Corsair XMS3 1x3GB
ATI 4870/4890
24'' Full HD Dell/Benq/AOC
1.5/1 TB seagate 7200.12
Corsair 450w PSU

Lest Bothered About -----
Cabinet (any will do)
Mouse/KeyBoard ----- (Fixed Rs 300 each Logitech)
Ups any..........

Please suggest me if u have any changes in the spec.
I Am confused of the following......

MotherBoard if any other cheap option available.
Graphics card Other Best options.(Brands To Go For)
A good Monitor ( i like thin outer bracket of monitor)
Good enough power supply ( i will give this Graphics card to my brother and upgrade with 5/6 series ATI when it will get affordable)

If i opt for a DDR3 1600 MHZ against 1333 MHZ how performance is going to affect in real world.
Does This MSI board support 1600 MHZ or need overclock to work with.
Also is it wise to buy a 1333 MHZ and then overclock to get 1600 MHZ.

Also please suggest a good enough cabinet....

tnx............. BOZX

Last edited:

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
hmm, seems like a good enough build.. :)

(sorry editing my post again as i missed ur budget of 55K) its a really tight budget but i'll try to fit in all the components....

Processor: Core i7-920 (2.66Ghz stock speed)
Rs. 15K (it will be hard to fit in a core i7 proc, if u cant then go in for a core i5 processor as i DO NOT knw by HOW much? will u be able to extend ur budget...

Motherboard:Gigabyte UD5 )this is a gr8 bang for ur buck if u NOT willing to OC or OC to a small limit) (for heavy OCing, Evga X58 board is available but it maybe outta ur budget as it will cost u 21-22K
Rs.16K

RAM: Corsair TR3X3G 1333 C9 (3GB Kit) (3 RAM modules each working @ 1333Mhz) (save money on RAM and instead of goin for 1600mhz modules, spend those money on a better GPU) :)
(The RAM u hv mentioned XMS3 is a 4GB kit i guess with 2x2GB RAM modules) its better to go with 3kit RAM modules to utilize the tri channel memory support of the Motherboard in multiples of 3 like 3gb,6gb,9gb,12gb,,,etc... :)
Rs.7.5K

GPU: an ATi based gpu will get into ur budget so a 4870/4890 wud be better

LCD: a 24" will cost u around 14-15K, whereas a 22" LCD (FullHD) Will be under 9K (here again, i wud say go in for a 22" LCD and spend the rest money on a better GPU) :)
a 22" Samsung FullHD 2233SW (1920x1080) with DVI will cost u approx. Rs.8K (or jus under that)

HDD: a 1TB hdd (sata-2 7200rpm) is more than enough to hold all ur games, movies and other things..go with WD please (i jus dislike seagate..lol..)

PSU: get a Corsair 650TX PSU (as u said u will be upgrading to a better gpu in future)

Cabinet: Coolermaster CM690 (dnt ignore the cabinet as it will house ur Components and will also regularize air flow so a better cabinet is a must) will cost u 4.2k

ups: (jus dnt say any USP dude..its important as well) as the PSU (Corsair 650TX) is an ACtive PFC type of PSU, a pure sine wave output UPS is required (though they are costly as compared to stepped/modified sine wave UPSes), go in with APC's "SMART UPS" range of UPS (their "BACK UPS" range is a stepped sine wave UPS and NOT pure sine wave)
in general, a ACTIVE PFC type of PSU requires a PURE SINE WAVE UPS (keep this in mind)... :) a 900VA-1000VA UPS will be jus fine.. :)
but as per ur 55K budget limit, this UPS wont come in ur budget :( i guess it will cost u 10K alone :(
---------------

Cheers n e-peace.....

Last edited:

mohit_

Right off the assembly line
Hi,

I am building a very similar PC with a bit different constraints. I reside in east delhi. My budget is 45 k. Already have a monitor, keyboard and mouse.

CPU - Core i7 920
Motherboard - Msi X58 Pro
RAM - Transcend 2GB DDR3 1333MHz C9
Graphic Card - ATI 5770 (XFX)
Hard Disk - 500 GB seagate 7200.12
Cabinet - Cooler Master Centurion 690
PSU - Coolermaster - 650

I have came across a very peculiar problem. Retailers all across the Nehru place are saying that they can't sell Core i7 920 loosely to me and it has to be packed with the motherboard from Intel too. So, this implies that I can't go for MSI motherboard which I so desperately want to.

And peculiar enough I am not able to find MSI x58 motherboards anywhere in Nehru Place exactly for the very same reason that i7s are not available lossely.

Can anyone help me out in this problem? Also, any suggestions would be welcome.
Thanks....

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@ bozx

Buddy for your budget a core i5 based config is ideal. BELOW i have listed the components so have a look....

Core i5 i750 2.66GHz @ 10k
MSI P55 CD-53 @ 7.5k
Corsair 4GB DDR3 1600MHz C9 Titanium @ 5.8k
NZXT Gamma cabinet @ 2k
Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB @ 4k
LG 22x DVD @ 1.1k
BenQ 22" G2220 FULL HD LCD Monitor @ 8k
Corsair VX550W @ 5.2k
Sapphire HD5850 1GB GDDR5 @ 15.8k

Total = 59k

If you want to cut down the budget then opt for radeon 5770 @ 10k along with corsair vx450 @ 4k but the above one is the best for you.Haven't mentioned keyboard and mouse so go for any logitech or microsoft combo.

If you want to go for i7 920 then stick with the msi x58pro as its the cheapest x58 board available out there with a lot of overclocking features.

@ mohit_

The vendor is lying. The i7 920 doesn't come bundled and can be used with any x58 board.He must have ordered some bundles and is lying in order to sell them and clear stock. Look or some other vendor else try ordering online.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
---------

Please mohit, dude :) post ur query in the above link, i jus wanna keep all the core i7 related queries in one Master thread so tat its easy for all of us to hv a discussion on a common platform without the need for new users as well as old buddies searching the entire forum... hope u understand.. :)
----------

Cheers n e-peace....

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
I have came across a very peculiar problem. Retailers all across the Nehru place are saying that they can't sell Core i7 920 loosely to me and it has to be packed with the motherboard from Intel too. So, this implies that I can't go for MSI motherboard which I so desperately want to.

And peculiar enough I am not able to find MSI x58 motherboards anywhere in Nehru Place exactly for the very same reason that i7s are not available lossely.

Can anyone help me out in this problem? Also, any suggestions would be welcome.
Thanks....

That is the biggest LOAD of bull sh$$ I have heard. Those dealers are just a$$-holes out at Nehru Place. Give me a day or two, will get you SMC Internationals Number from Nehru Place. They are good. They deal with high end parts.

Else you can order from Lynx-India. Also you want MSI since you will OC..?

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 PM ----------

^^
PM'ed you SMC Internationals address and phone numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom